• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US News publishes OpenCarry.org's John Pierce's commentary

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/s...-openly/open-carry-laws-benefit-public-safety

SNIP

Open Carry Laws Benefit Public Safety

By John Pierce, Co-founder of OpenCarry.org
April 25, 2012

The first thing I noticed about the question for this debate was the way it is worded. "Should people be 'allowed' to carry guns openly?" Using the phrase 'allowed' implies that open carry is a privilege that the state grants to citizens. However, nothing could be further from the truth. The right to openly bear arms for security and self-defense is enshrined not only in the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution but also in a majority of state constitutions.

. . .

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
More here

By Dave Workman, Seattle Gun Rights Examiner:

Pierce – a co-founder of Open Carry.org and one of the Open Carry movement’s most prominent leaders..........

"Pierce, for the record, is one of the most level-headed guys on the landscape, and his leadership role in the movement has garnered for him the considerable respect of “OC” activists across the country. His common sense approach to Open Carry contrasts significantly with what many would consider the hysteria-driven comment from Lindsay Nichols with the Legal Community Against Violence.....

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?102334-Open-Carry-debate-erupts-on-national-forum!!!!!!&highlight=Open+Carry+debate+erupts+U.S.+News