• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More Lessons From The First Case Involving Castle Doctrine

scm54449

Opt-Out Members

MKEgal

The Slinger case did not involve Castle Doctrine.
The Washington County DA decided that it was justified self-defense even under the pre-CD law.
He repeatedly said so in his report.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
The Slinger case did not involve Castle Doctrine.
The Washington County DA decided that it was justified self-defense even under the pre-CD law.
He repeatedly said so in his report.

You are 100% correct regarding the ruling of the DA's office and the statements he repeatedly made in his written report and television interviews. That does not mean there are no lessons to be learned here or that those "lessons" do not apply to what Castle Doctrine does or does not do to protect a homeowner. I am not trying to be obtuse. It is just that a few of the "lessons" here are difficult to express in a forum without being edited by the mods or branded as something that I am not.

Interceptor_Knight

It is just that a few of the "lessons" here are difficult to express in a forum without being edited by the mods or branded as something that I am not.

Some lessons may be posted like "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" and "Have proper lighting available for all of your areas both inside and outside of your home" and "If you are going to invite the police into your life or the lives of your neighbors be prepared for the events you trigger"
How about "Drunk kids do stupid things" or "People get angry when you kill their firends and family"..

I believe that there is no doubt he was legally justified in defending himself inside of his home. He made choices both before and during the confrontation which affected the outcome. This outcome may have been different had alternate choices been made.

Last edited:

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Lessons that should be learned by all: Do not get stupid drunk

Some lessons may be posted like "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" and "Have proper lighting available for all of your areas both inside and outside of your home" and "If you are going to invite the police into your life or the lives of your neighbors be prepared for the events you trigger"
How about "Drunk kids do stupid things" or "People get angry when you kill their firends and family"..

I believe that there is no doubt he was legally justified in defending himself inside of his home. He made choices both before and during the confrontation which affected the outcome. This outcome may have been different had alternate choices been made.

Do not committ numerous crimes so that you feel a need to run from police.

If you do commit crimes and get caught, do not violate your parole.

Do not drink when the conditions of your parole forbid it.

Do not hang around with a bunch of your freinds doing illegal things.

Do not enter houses without an invitation.

These are simple, easy lessons that everyone who reads about this case should learn.

Unfortunately, they are not even being mentioned by the MSM.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

These are simple, easy lessons that everyone who reads about this case should learn.

Stupid people do stupid things or play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It is not sensationalism newsworthy which is why they are not mentioning it. The only relevance this has to us as Licensees or even just armed Wisconsinites is how we should act/react should we encounter one of these Darwin award nominees. This is where use of force training is beneficial.

Last edited:

Krusty

What does "racial slur" have to do with anything?

The JS article mentions Mr. Kind MAY have used a racial slur while his wife was on the 911 call. The Zimmerman/Martin case has also mentioned "racial slur". Seems as if someone does use a "racial slur", the entire case has changed. As I see it, if someone is attacked and during the heat of excitement a derogatory remark is made, is that more important that the actual attack? Hell no! I'd say any physical attack is a hate crime. "Racial slurs" are committed by many people under many circumstances. Sort of like saying, He/She called me an idiot so I robbed and stabbed him/her. The "racial slur" card carries no weight when it comes to a crimminal defense. Jesse, Al and other such low lifes use this option instead of accountability for ones own actions.

XDFDE45

^^^This^^^