Thread: by far the best open carry stop ever!

by far the best open carry stop ever!

This guy is great! Please take the time to listen to this and learn what your rights are and how to calmly exercise them in the face of aggressive and uneducated LEO's. Wow is all I have to say.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXwW2nrV0bY

All I can say is: He Stood His Ground!

FYI: 2 threads on this topic in the Wyoming forum
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Huge red flag here.

LEO could not see the firearm side of the inividual on the bike. When asked he should have disclosed for his own safety before turning towards the LEO to unsaddle from the bike. That LEO could have easily perceived the rider coming off the bike in an armed fashion as a potential threat. (his perception, not the rider's) That is the wrong way to go about a LEO contact.

Was the LEO overzealous? Yes.

The rider even told the LEO: If you cannot look at me and tell my intent with is with a firearm...
    If he's truly been to Iraq then he should already know that a person can turn and shoot without giving the cues that they are about to shoot.

Should have immediately asked for a supervisor then shut his mouth.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by REALteach4u View Post
    Huge red flag here.

LEO could not see the firearm side of the inividual on the bike. When asked he should have disclosed for his own safety before turning towards the LEO to unsaddle from the bike. That LEO could have easily perceived the rider coming off the bike in an armed fashion as a potential threat. (his perception, not the rider's) That is the wrong way to go about a LEO contact.

Was the LEO overzealous? Yes.

The rider even told the LEO: If you cannot look at me and tell my intent with is with a firearm...
    If he's truly been to Iraq then he should already know that a person can turn and shoot without giving the cues that they are about to shoot.

Should have immediately asked for a supervisor then shut his mouth.
    Wow. Just, wow.

Those of us who live in free states don't feel the need to inform the local Stasi about our personal property. It's not required by law, and no person with a room temperature IQ or better would notify when not required after the Harless incident.

A holstered weapon is not a threat! That is the entire point we are trying to make with this forum; good job missing it.

The fail is strong with this one...
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Banned
    I would not have argued with the guy. I would say I'm leaving, you have a good reason for me not to go?

If you are in the right, then they are conducting a kidnapping and you are free to arrest them.