• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Plott Hound

1245A Defender

wow!!!

I notice that you hve been here for 5 DAYS.
first you want a holster.
then you say that your 380 has been in the shop for 11 MONTHS,
waiting for an ambi safety... WOW!!!

Now you ask in an OPEN carry forum for a PLOTT hound....
I just gotta ask,,,,, what is a PLOTT hound????

Why would you be without your 380 for 11 MONTHS waiting for an ambi safety?
why didnt you try to find a holster for your 380 11 MONTHS ago?

If you want an ambi safety,, I gotta figure you are left handed, so am I...
Big deal,,, get your ambidextrious system going...
I use my left trigger finger to flip my safety on or off,,, you dont HAVE to use your thumb!

Go get your gun back, and get a holster, then carry, all the time!

MatieA

Information copied/pasted from:
http://www.akc.org/breeds/plott/

AKC MEET THE BREEDS®: Plott

Powerful and well-muscled, the Plott brings big game such as bear or boar to bay or tree with its determination, endurance and courage. Today, the Plott – who is the state dog of North Carolina – is also used for coonhunting in addition to his more traditional duties. The breed’s smooth, glossy coat can be any shade of brindle (a streaked or striped pattern of dark hair imposed on a lighter background), solid black or have a saddle or markings.

A Look Back
In 1750, the two young Plott brothers left Germany and immigrated to America with five Hanoverian Hounds. One brother died during the voyage, but the other settled in North Carolina, raised a family and bred his dogs. Over the next 200 years, the Plott descendents were mountain men who used their dogs to hunt bear and boar. The dogs became known by the family name and were referred to as the Plotts’ hounds.

Right Breed for You?
Plotts are eager to please, loyal, intelligent and alert in the home, but are aggressive, bold and fearless while hunting. Owners should be prepared to hear the Plott’s "voice" in the home at times. An athletic breed, they require daily exercise, but their short coats are low maintenance.

For the OP:
http://www.akc.org/breeders/index.cfm?nav_area=breeders

1245A Defender

well,,,

thank you for the PM, Garyd...
glad to know now that you have other guns you can carry.
glad someone else explaned what a Plott dog is.
it would have been easier and more informative for all of us here
if you had just replied to the questions in my post so we would all know.

it seems that every time i write a post to tease a newbie i hurt someones feelings.
I am sorry! But it was worth it.

I notice that you hve been here for 5 DAYS.
first you want a holster.
then you say that your 380 has been in the shop for 11 MONTHS,
waiting for an ambi safety... WOW!!!

Now you ask in an OPEN carry forum for a PLOTT hound....
I just gotta ask,,,,, what is a PLOTT hound????

Why would you be without your 380 for 11 MONTHS waiting for an ambi safety?
why didnt you try to find a holster for your 380 11 MONTHS ago?

If you want an ambi safety,, I gotta figure you are left handed, so am I...
Big deal,,, get your ambidextrious system going...
I use my left trigger finger to flip my safety on or off,,, you dont HAVE to use your thumb!

Go get your gun back, and get a holster, then carry, all the time!

After reading this I thought of what id have to do if I lost use of my right hand, im a goner for sure if that happens I cam switch clips no problem as a lefty I can shoot a crappy spread but good enuf to save myself if needed, but I will not be able to switch off my safty as a lefty... If your able to do it on a right handed gun sir. You can pat yourself on the back