• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emission stations posted?

bmwguy11

Are all vehicle test emission stations posted? The one in west bend is. Who makes that decision to post?

Wolf1477

I guess I'll plead ignorance. I didn't even know we had vehicle emission test stations in WI. Hope they're not gearing up to require emissions tests for registration.

oliverclotheshoff

I guess I'll plead ignorance. I didn't even know we had vehicle emission test stations in WI. Hope they're not gearing up to require emissions tests for registration.

same here had no idea

i do know that these counties require emission testing Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Washington and Waukesha on vehicles that are resident of that county

M

McX

it should be noted here; when the state's plan to hand emission testing over to private garages goes into effect, which i consider a conflict of interest, and therefor i did not participate in, it will be up to the individual shop owners as to post or not, at least there wont be a state mandate controlling your rights in those cirucmstances. give a hoot- dont pollute.

oliverclotheshoff

it should be noted here; when the state's plan to hand emission testing over to private garages goes into effect, which i consider a conflict of interest, and therefor i did not participate in, it will be up to the individual shop owners as to post or not, at least there wont be a state mandate controlling your rights in those cirucmstances. give a hoot- dont pollute.

i thought dealers and local shop already did that in those counties hence me not knowing there were actual test stations

phleye

Yes in Milwaukee. Had mine done last month. Went to the one behind Quad Graphics on Hywy 100.

MKEgal

phleye said:
Yes in Milwaukee. Had mine done last month. Went to the one behind Quad Graphics on Hywy 100.
I went to the one that's just west of Mayfair / Hwy 100 & just south of Bluemound.
They have a sign by the cameras as you drive in, trying to prohibit the whole property,
then in case that one didn't work they also have signs on all the walk doors into the actual building.

When I pulled in & the tech told me to step out, I told a little white lie... :rolleyes:
I said "No thanks, that would be illegal."
He looked at me funny, & I said "concealed carry".
So he worked around me.

Said that they'd decided that it was OK for people to be in the garage, but not the rest of the building.
Not sure it's kosher to post part of a building, unless it's something like the Capitol where part is a police station & most isn't.

He mentioned that he hadn't seen much of it, didn't think there were many people doing it.
Told him that the latest numbers I'd heard from the DOJ were that they'd printed over 98,000 licenses.
He looked a bit startled. :lol:

But I do wonder how that particular state agency was allowed to go against what Walker said. Wasn't it decided that unless an agency was prohibited by law the State was going to allow licensed carry?

GreenCountyPete

He mentioned that he hadn't seen much of it, didn't think there were many people doing it.
Told him that the latest numbers I'd heard from the DOJ were that they'd printed over 98,000 licenses.
He looked a bit startled. :lol:

people don't / won't see it , how many people never see it when your open carrying

most people will never see you carrying concealed , if your making any actual attempt at all to conceal your gun

i had a talk with someone about the sign in the window , that just went up at a city building after 6 months of concealed carry and no problems, now i know that person was smart enough to realize that people who break the law , the ones we don't want carrying a gun will be the only ones who pay no attention to the sign , but against all reasonable logic it some how makes them feel better to have a 5x7 card in the window at each door

perhaps it should be called Teddy bear syndrome : the illogical belief that an inanimate object of no value in your actual protection or defense gives a warm fuzzy feeling inside that it's mere presence will keep away bad things and people.

bmwguy11

In other words, it will be no different than it really is now. I found out the reason they are posted is because the emissions stations are actually owned and operated by a private company. The private company also owns mechanic/car shops among other things, so the conflict of interest already existed.