• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something I found Amusing

sudden valley gunner

My friend is a general contractor and I am helping him build a house the customers wanted some advice, so I was over there drinking Cha with them, and walking through the house with the general contractor and the electrician and the family Mom, Dad, Brother and Sister (brother in sister in late 20's).

I OC'd because I never have a problem with Punjabi folks when it comes to Open Carrying. The subject of a security system came up and they asked what I thought ( the son specifically) I said your best security is getting guns and a dog.

The mother says emphatically "NO!"

We all pause and look at her, then she says "No dogs!". :cool:

The son and I a little later than had a great conversation about firearms what I recommend where he should go to purchase something.

I think the kids will convince their mother on an outside dog eventually. They have a farm and I recommended that dogs are the best warning system, and they know when something is out of place. They were both initially afraid of my little ankle biter, the sister even screaming and yelling in fear at first, but 10 minutes later holding him and petting him. I know lots of folks from India that have a fear of dogs I think culturally they must be unaccustomed to them.

Metalhead47

My friend is a general contractor and I am helping him build a house the customers wanted some advice, so I was over there drinking Cha with them, and walking through the house with the general contractor and the electrician and the family Mom, Dad, Brother and Sister (brother in sister in late 20's).

I OC'd because I never have a problem with Punjabi folks when it comes to Open Carrying. The subject of a security system came up and they asked what I thought ( the son specifically) I said your best security is getting guns and a dog.

The mother says emphatically "NO!"

We all pause and look at her, then she says "No dogs!". :cool:

The son and I a little later than had a great conversation about firearms what I recommend where he should go to purchase something.

I think the kids will convince their mother on an outside dog eventually. They have a farm and I recommended that dogs are the best warning system, and they know when something is out of place. They were both initially afraid of my little ankle biter, the sister even screaming and yelling in fear at first, but 10 minutes later holding him and petting him. I know lots of folks from India that have a fear of dogs I think culturally they must be unaccustomed to them.

IIRC, dogs are considered "unclean" in Islam, and with the melding of cultures in India I'm sure some of that gets passed along.

MKEgal

Since you say they're on a farm, how about geese as an early warning system?
They also lay eggs. (Useful as more than an alarm.)

Last edited:

amlevin

A big +1 on the geese. Not only do they lay eggs, one of them will come in handy around Christmas time as a "dinner guest":);)

The only downside to geese is that they crap more than any other living creature I've ever known. I have miserable memories of playing golf on a course that was overrun by geese. Everything below your shins turns green from Goose Poop.

sudden valley gunner

In this county we have a enough wild ones all over and they already have plenty there not domestic though. My great grandfather had a bunch in Port Orchard and they were great warning system, some folks use peacocks too, but I find their call very annoying.

Geese are meaner than dogs.

Yea they are I remember when I was about 5 my great grandfathers geese chased me on top of my mothers car, surrounded the car and wouldn't let me down. I probably instigated it though the details are a little fuzzy....:lol:

papa bear

Ummm.... WTF? The Obamas HAVE one... Portuguese water dog.

1. they do not have a water dog they have a mix that they got from an animal shelter

2. he pays a guy over 200k a year to keep the dog off premises. they even fly the dog to photo ops on a separate jet.

3. you have never seen Mr. Sueroto with the dog. you can tell when he is around the dog he has a definite displeasure on his face.

maybe he is thinking how to butcher the dog

ManInBlack

1. they do not have a water dog they have a mix that they got from an animal shelter

2. he pays a guy over 200k a year to keep the dog off premises. they even fly the dog to photo ops on a separate jet.

3. you have never seen Mr. Sueroto with the dog. you can tell when he is around the dog he has a definite displeasure on his face.

maybe he is thinking how to butcher the dog

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/11/chewing_over_ob.html

"We have two criteria that have to be reconciled. One is that Malia is allergic, so it has to be hypoallergenic. There are a number of breeds that are hypoallergenic," he said. "On the other hand, our preference would be to get a shelter dog, but, obviously, a lot of shelter dogs are mutts like me."

Obama-Bo-unr.jpg

I like me some Obama conspiracy theories, but the dog one is a little far out there... :lol:

P.S.: I believe you mean, "Soetoro." If your argument is that Obama is a Muslim because he was adopted by a Muslim father and became a citizen of a Muslim country, then it would follow that he would not even want to touch a dog, much less butcher one.

Last edited:

decklin

Not sure where you guys are getting this whole dogs are unclean thing. When I was over there an Iraqi told me it was because whoever was in charge used the dogs to attack citizens. It was a method of control and fear. Dogs are a symbol of fear for them much like a pistol.
As a result the place is covered in stray dogs. Picture pigeons except they are dogs. Everywhere.
The Iraqis send out kill squads to eradicate the dogs. There are so many they cannot keep up with the numbers.
The Iraqis throw rocks at dogs to keep them away. This causes the dogs to become mean. It was not unusual for the dogs to follow us while we were on patrol. They would just stand there and bark at us. From time to time a dog would chargea soldier and that soldier would have to put it down.
Pork is unclean to the Nation of Islam so they don't touch it. This is not the case with dogs. Here is the proof.
When we lived on JCOPS (small outposts now called a JSS) we would end up "adopting" a puppy. The dog (s) became a sort of JCOP mascot. When a unit would leave they would leave the dog and the next unit would take care of the dog.
It got to the point where Iraqi Army and Federal/Iraqi Police started taking care of dogs. Something they got from us.
Here are a couple pics of some IP's and their dogs.
If dogs were "unclean" then there would not be any over there. I spent 2 years there and never saw a pig. I saw thousands of dogs. I even saw 2 different houses that kept them as pets.
329_34339378645_508288645_1371477_6788_n.jpg
329_34339403645_508288645_1371482_8255_n.jpg
329_34339438645_508288645_1371488_81_n.jpg
329_34339418645_508288645_1371485_9144_n.jpg

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Not sure where you guys are getting this whole dogs are unclean thing. When I was over there an Iraqi told me it was because whoever was in charge used the dogs to attack citizens. It was a method of control and fear. Dogs are a symbol of fear for them much like a pistol.
As a result the place is covered in stray dogs. Picture pigeons except they are dogs. Everywhere.
The Iraqis send out kill squads to eradicate the dogs. There are so many they cannot keep up with the numbers.
The Iraqis throw rocks at dogs to keep them away. This causes the dogs to become mean. It was not unusual for the dogs to follow us while we were on patrol. They would just stand there and bark at us. From time to time a dog would chargea soldier and that soldier would have to put it down.
Pork is unclean to the Nation of Islam so they don't touch it. This is not the case with dogs. Here is the proof.
When we lived on JCOPS (small outposts now called a JSS) we would end up "adopting" a puppy. The dog (s) became a sort of JCOP mascot. When a unit would leave they would leave the dog and the next unit would take care of the dog.
It got to the point where Iraqi Army and Federal/Iraqi Police started taking care of dogs. Something they got from us.
Here are a couple pics of some IP's and their dogs.
If dogs were "unclean" then there would not be any over there. I spent 2 years there and never saw a pig. I saw thousands of dogs. I even saw 2 different houses that kept them as pets.

Wiki article on Islam & dogs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_dogs#Dogs

Not universal, but they generally don't like them. Now if Obama really IS Muslim <rolleyes>, he would want to avoid them, NOT eat them! On the other hand, if he really is eating dogs... then maybe

DUN DUN DUN
dramatic_chipmunk_prairiedog.jpg

He's secretly Korean!:rolleyes: <facepalm>

But maybe.... just maybe... HE'S ACTUALLY ALLERGIC TO DOGS! And allergy sufferers generally avoid that to which they're allergic! He only got the dog to please the media!

IT'S A VAST RUNNY-NOSED CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!!

236-obama-facepalm.jpg

I have enough reasons to dislike this fool. His opinion on dogs is so beyond irrelevant it's not even in the same universe.

Lammo

Wiki article on Islam & dogs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_dogs#Dogs

Not universal, but they generally don't like them. Now if Obama really IS Muslim <rolleyes>, he would want to avoid them, NOT eat them! On the other hand, if he really is eating dogs... then maybe

SNIP

He's not a Muslim. He's an agnostic insomniac dyslexic. He's up all night wondering whether there really is a dog.

:)