• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mitchell prevails over University of Kentucky

UnfetteredMight

It isn't full of legal terms because it is actually a statute that all statutes need to be written in layman's terms.

I actually hadnt happened across that one yet, what a jewel. That could seriously be useful in a disagreement with an opinion enforcement officer.

"....with common and everyday meanings."

Backs up a position I took in an old thread of mine.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I visited kc3's website and it says their donation page is currently down. I also noticed nothing has been posted on their site for years. Does anyone know why they are not accepting donations? Have they ever assisted in cases where a non cdwl holder was helped?, or in cases that pertain to open carry?

flb_78

I noticed that as well, but I want to say that was the old site and they have a newer updated site under a different name. I could be wrong.

Im sure GutShot will be along shortly to lead us in the proper direction.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Talking in unknown tongues and going into trances would always draw a big crowd, too.

I visited a church ONCE in Flatwoods where they done just that. These people would run up and down the aisles, fall to the ground and seem like they were having seizures, 40 or 50 at the same time would "act" like they were speaking in tongue, (even though I believe it says in the bible no more than 3 can speak at the same time and each must have an interpreter). I can't recall what book it says this though. They would hit people in the head and they would fall to the floor! I was so uncomfortable I ran out and have never been back! Definitely not my choice for worshiping god.

Last edited:

hotrod

To be honest, I did not think it was that great of a show. I was disappointed in the tenor of the show itself. It did not seem as pro gun as I thought it would. Sue Wylie seemed not to like the law, even though she continued to express her love for the ability to carry.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
KC3 will accept any donations offered. If the donations button is not working for the reasons offered in the post before this one, they will accept cash, checks or money orders mailed to the KC3 address which is:

Kentucky Coalition to Carry Concealed

PO Box 1269
Frankfort, Ky. 40602

or contact one of the board members by email(the email addresses are listed on KC3.com/Contact Us, look at the top of the page, they work) and arrangements will be made to accommodate you. I do suggest that mailing cash is not a good idea.

In my opinion, KC3 will assist any Ky. gun owner that needs help with legal problems, if that Ky. gun owner is in compliance with the law, treated in an illegal manner, can demonstrate that he has documented his legal activity, KC3 can determine there is a good chance of a positive outcome, KC3 has sufficient funds to complete the battle and the person asking for assistance will cooperate in his defense and agrees to the terms that KC3 requires. KC3 will not undertake any actions that they think are unworthy of defending, that are impossible or unlike to be successful, a waste of time, effort or money, if the defendant makes unreasonable and impossible demands, is uncooperative or unwilling to help with the defense. In other words KC3 will help when KC3 thinks it can and should help without any pre-conditions or any exclusions. KC3 reserves the right to decide how to spend the limited funds of the organization and has an obligation to spend the money of the membership in a prudent manner. Each case will be judged on its own merits. KC3 will act as the board thinks is in the best interest of KC3 and KC3's membership. KC3 does not discriminate between OC, CC or even gun owners who don't carry at all. KC3 supports all the gun owners of Ky. I do not speak for KC3. I am just giving my perception of the way they approach helping gun owners. If anyone wants or needs help, I suggest they contact KC3 and make their case. That's what Michael Mitchell did.
If you want to donate, I suggest you donate, but in doing so I doubt you can expect any guarantees. The leadership of KC3 will decide how when and where KC3 should act and how, when and where to spend the membership's money.
I think you need to state your various opinions and suppositions in a larger size font.

Who made you king anyway?

Last edited:

09jisaac

I think you need to state your various opinions and suppositions in a larger size font.

What does it matter what size it is? He is getting old and has difficulties reading smaller fonts. It is every so often that we get someone complaining about his font size like it will matter in 100 years. If you want to keep your font the same size as this I doubt he would have a problem with it. Most adults are are not nitpicking would not have a problem with it. I only made your font smaller so it wouldn't take up another half a page quoting what you said.

hotrod

We the people of the Kentucky forum made him king. I wish you would keep your comments to the other side of the river, in that cesspool known as Cincinnati!!!

Comm

I heard a "rumor" but I will track it down and see if it is legit.

Rumor is that U.K. police, and the University will "demand" that if you keep a weapon in your vehicle on campus, that the weapon will need to be registered with them, along with the vehicle plate numbers, and your driver license number.

They are getting their panties in a wad because they lost this case and now want to vindicate themselves.

hotrod

I heard a "rumor" but I will track it down and see if it is legit.

Rumor is that U.K. police, and the University will "demand" that if you keep a weapon in your vehicle on campus, that the weapon will need to be registered with them, along with the vehicle plate numbers, and your driver license number.

They are getting their panties in a wad because they lost this case and now want to vindicate themselves.

They can demand all they wish. You will not be required, by law, to impart any information to them. Tell 'em to pound salt! But, I am quite sure that will not come to fruition.

09jisaac

They can demand all they wish. You will not be required, by law, to impart any information to them. Tell 'em to pound salt! But, I am quite sure that will not come to fruition.

You and I know that, most people don't. They say no firearms so most people wont have a firearm. If it comes out that you can have a firearm in your vehicle (most still haven't got the news yet) there will be a slight increase but not much. They will then say that it is "required" to register it with them "for your safety". Some who have a firearm will do that because they think that (perceived) authority means something.

Also, don't mess with people from Cincinnati. They're not normal. He'll drive out into the middle of a soybean field and weep (if he can find his way out of that traffic).

langzaiguy

BB62: If you have no intelligent or relevant contributions to this forum, please "contribute" elsewhere.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

UnfetteredMight

We the people of the Kentucky forum made him king. I wish you would keep your comments to the other side of the river, in that cesspool known as Cincinnati!!!

Im with hotrod on this. Not to take away from you other guys who are pounding pavement and office doors, but imo gutshot is one of our champions of liberty in the state of Kentucky.

Although most of my legal knowledge comes from my own studies, he has been there to refine a few things for me because he has been at this a hell of a lot longer than I have.

If you were any kind of honorable man BB62, you would apologize for your rash and unwarranted remarks and then we could think better of you instead of just throwing you in the "A S S H O L E to be ignored" pile.

Last edited: