Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: free speech a felony

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

free speech a felony

obama signed into law hr 347 basically making it illegal to protest anywhere the secret service is present

http://myjuneaucounty.com/phorum/read.php?5,3010
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Apparently it was voted overwhelmingly by both sides of the isle.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

2A
    Last edited by OC-moto450r; 08-02-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Hopefully this will come before SCOTUS, they have a fair track record of protecting the 1st. If only that would extend to the second...
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Hopefully this will come before SCOTUS, they have a fair track record of protecting the 1st. If only that would extend to the second...
    Berrtalady, this sounds like another step closer to that revolution you say can't happen in the USA if the SCOTUS doesn't tell the crooks in Washington to go bite the big one on this.

Washington is taking babysteps to strip us of all our freedoms, the only thing keeping them from declaring marshal law it the 2A.

All it does is change the wording of a law that has been around since 1971. Don't worry, the ACLU has your back.
    https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speec...g-protest-bill

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Berrtalady, this sounds like another step closer to that revolution you say can't happen in the USA if the SCOTUS doesn't tell the crooks in Washington to go bite the big one on this.
    One could argue that it does sound like that. Then again, as I stated in previous threads: America is no Soviet Union.

Washington is taking babysteps to strip us of all our freedoms, the only thing keeping them from declaring marshal law it the 2A.
    You have no inherent Freedom, wake-up and smell the coffee. You have no Fundamental Right to 'this' 'that' and 'the other.' Welcome to the experience of Man in his Reality. Man has no Liberty; Man has no Principle; Man has Concepts, Notions, an interpretation of Reality that he navigates his so-called Existence through, without the ability to stop, go back, or move forward at any pace but that which is set by the inherent Nature of the Universe.

I bet you can't even write to me, in your own words, what exactly is Freedom. Also, the Second Amendment isn't doing crap to stop Them from declaring Marshal Law.

But I digress...I double-dog dare you to offer me, in your own words, what Freedom is, and how Freedom exists with Man, in Man, or however you 'choose' to frame it.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Hmmm. Who's got the balls to call them to the mat for this one? So..... who is "them"?

"Them" is the dickless wonders that passed this law. Can we get a list of who voted for and against this law?
    How do we "call them to the mat" for this? Simple- write them, call them, demand an explanation. Do it at a rally if need be.

I don't think it's a bad idea to ask the SS a question- if I express my opinion and you don't like it, exactly what the hell do you think you're gonna do about it?

It's called the Congressional Record....Google it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    And how are we supposed to know exactly where secret service is. Another government entrapment program.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    ...snip
    I don't think it's a bad idea to ask the SS a question- if I express my opinion and you don't like it, exactly what the hell do you think you're gonna do about it?
    we'd visit and send cards to you while you sat somewhere in the hoosgow, slammer, tank, big house, clink, joint, cooler, stir!!! (that is if we knew where 'they' spirited you away to!!)

wabbit
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 04-27-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    One could argue that it does sound like that. Then again, as I stated in previous threads: America is no Soviet Union.

You have no inherent Freedom, wake-up and smell the coffee. You have no Fundamental Right to 'this' 'that' and 'the other.' Welcome to the experience of Man in his Reality. Man has no Liberty; Man has no Principle; Man has Concepts, Notions, an interpretation of Reality that he navigates his so-called Existence through, without the ability to stop, go back, or move forward at any pace but that which is set by the inherent Nature of the Universe.

I bet you can't even write to me, in your own words, what exactly is Freedom. Also, the Second Amendment isn't doing crap to stop Them from declaring Marshal Law.

But I digress...I double-dog dare you to offer me, in your own words, what Freedom is, and how Freedom exists with Man, in Man, or however you 'choose' to frame it.
    I will take the double dog dare.

First freedom and the meaning of freedom is different for everyone.

My options on freedom is that I'm free to say and do what I want so long as it doesn't hurt others or cause damage.

I can vote for who I want and complain if my canidate isn't the winner.

I can go where I want and not have to get permission from the goverment, wouldn't it suck to have to get a permit to cross state lines everytime.

I can live where I want to live.

I can work where I want to work and not do the job the goverment assigns me.

To me freedom is not getting beaten or killed for my thoughts and view.

I have seen people killed or beaten for just not being in the right place or saying the wrong thing.

Freedom to me is us being able to banter back and forth about what freedom is. Without freedom we wouldn't be talking.

Secret Service the new SS for the 21st century........

I will take the double dog dare.

First freedom and the meaning of freedom is different for everyone.

[snippers]
    So, Freedom is subjective?

Freedom to me is us being able to banter back and forth about what freedom is. Without freedom we wouldn't be talking.
    Well, we might still be able to banter when we are locked in the OC-cell at Camp FEMA.

Cool

So, Freedom is subjective?

Well, we might still be able to banter when we are locked in the OC-cell at Camp FEMA.
    I for one wouldn't make it to a cell.

I for one wouldn't make it to a cell.
    I'm with you. I'd rather die standing than live on my knees (I think I got that off of Ocean's 12). It's amazing how many individuals would just freely be chuffed-off by the State.

"America is no Soviet Union" is perhaps a temporary condition, but one for which we can, at least, be temporarily thankful. (Remember that in 1991 there were massive protests in Moscow in an attempt in the Soviet Union to unseat Mikhail Gorbachev. The protests proved unsuccessful, but the "good news" was that the Soviet military [unlike the Chinese army at Tienanmen Square, who killed several hundred demonstrators] did not open fire upon the civilian demonstrators.)

You are certainly free to believe what you wish to believe... even if it is leftist BS. Humankind - until impeached by the actions of of a restrictive society - has a birthright of freedom. If a person decides to ignore societies impeachment of his free behaviors, he may continue to enjoy his freedoms until the moment he is terminated. During WWII, many of the imprisoned Jews would sing a German song, "Die gedanken sind frei" (roughly: My thoughts are [mind is] free), as a form of protest and an expression of their freedom. Granted that, in the final analysis, it did little for their physical well-being, but it did wonders for their morale.

Also, the Second Amendment isn't doing crap to stop Them from declaring Marshal Law.
    Martial law may, at some point, be imposed, but can it be maintained for any significant period of time without the full support of the military (many of whom actually understand their "Oath of Allegiance"? The true importance of 2A may not be realized until the government attempts the unwarranted implementation of Martial law). The oath is written in plain English, and says in part, "...I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...". The Soldier/Sailor/Airman/Marine's first allegiance is to the Constitution, anything that follows that is secondary, and - if in contravention of the Constitution - may rightfully be ignored. You sound as if you plan to just roll over if Martial law is ever invoked... which most liberals will probably do. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    "America is no Soviet Union" is perhaps a temporary condition, but one for which we can, at least, be temporarily thankful. (Remember that in 1991 there were massive protests in Moscow in an attempt in the Soviet Union to unseat Mikhail Gorbachev. The protests proved unsuccessful, but the "good news" was that the Soviet military [unlike the Chinese army at Tienanmen Square, who killed several hundred demonstrators] did not open fire upon the civilian demonstrators.)
    I am not disputing that the Soviet Union had massive protests--I believe recently as well. I am stating that we are a long way from being as oppressive, and dysfunctional as the Soviet Union. Also, the Federal Government would have a pretty big issue getting the whole of the military, on American Soil, to beat down massive protests. big difference between the U.S. and Russia: U.S. has 80,000,000 gun owners; Russia has, well, from what I could find: 2-5 firearms per 100 persons.

You are certainly free to believe what you wish to believe... even if it is leftist BS. Humankind - until impeached by the actions of of a restrictive society - has a birthright of freedom. If a person decides to ignore societies impeachment of his free behaviors, he may continue to enjoy his freedoms until the moment he is terminated. During WWII, many of the imprisoned Jews would sing a German song, "Die gedanken sind frei" (roughly: My thoughts are [mind is] free), as a form of protest and an expression of their freedom. Granted that, in the final analysis, it did little for their physical well-being, but it did wonders for their morale.
    Well then, as I stated, Man has no inherent Freedom, if Man does, it stops the second Man is social (either by choice, or born-into). Jews were right in Principle: [the mind is free].

Martial law may, at some point, be imposed, but can it be maintained for any significant period of time without the full support of the military (many of whom actually understand their "Oath of Allegiance"? The true importance of 2A may not be realized until the government attempts the unwarranted implementation of Martial law). The oath is written in plain English, and says in part, "...I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...". The Soldier/Sailor/Airman/Marine's first allegiance is to the Constitution, anything that follows that is secondary, and - if in contravention of the Constitution - may rightfully be ignored. You sound as if you plan to just roll over if Martial law is ever invoked... which most liberals will probably do. Pax...
    There are a number of reasons Martial Law can be imposed. Here in the States, unlike most other States, I think 'they' would be hard-pressed to maintain order under Martial law; IMO, it would turn into a blood-bath.

Also, the Second Amendment won't mean squat under Martial Law, hell, under any Government mandate that restricts citizens--but by that point, the whole of the Constitution would be irrelevant, IMO.

I hope military persons would not follow orders to round-up citizens, but we know that isn't the case much of the time in other States where we have observed the State's military level protesting citizens in the streets.

I really believe that the Federal Government would not ban firearms, or impose some sort of military rule; America would become a very violent place. Although, America is slowly becoming a Police State, IMO, it's incremental, but present none-the-less, and more of a threat than any Military Style oppression.

Russia used the military, the USA uses illegal military otherwise known as federal law enforcement.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by OC-moto450r View Post
    And this is why We the People need to stop debating the merit's of our choosen party and realize that government as a whole is the problem. It should not be, Demecrats did this...blah blah blah and Republicans did that.... blah blah blah. When that is the focus and not "The governement is going to do xyz TO We the People" our Rights will continue to be stripped away.
    I agree both the Democrats and the Republicans are not only outmoded, but they're in collusion.

Thus, I propose two new parties:

1. We The People

and

2. Them The No-Longer-Elected
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    And how are we supposed to know exactly where secret service is. Another government entrapment program.
    They seem to be mostly at bars and brothels if the media is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas49.56 View Post
    They seem to be mostly at bars and brothels if the media is correct.
    Haha....

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Russia used the military, the USA uses illegal military otherwise known as federal law enforcement.
    Don't forget the unconstitutional proactive policing done by local law enforcement who are now heavily subsidized by the feds and considered the federal government's first responders, look at all the new militaristic toys they get now.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Secret Service the new SS for the 21st century........
    Herr mien Fuehrer.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 04-28-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Herr mien Fuehrer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast