• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

free speech a felony

Daylen

Hopefully this will come before SCOTUS, they have a fair track record of protecting the 1st. If only that would extend to the second...

DocWalker

Hopefully this will come before SCOTUS, they have a fair track record of protecting the 1st. If only that would extend to the second...

Berrtalady, this sounds like another step closer to that revolution you say can't happen in the USA if the SCOTUS doesn't tell the crooks in Washington to go bite the big one on this.

Washington is taking babysteps to strip us of all our freedoms, the only thing keeping them from declaring marshal law it the 2A.

Beretta92FSLady

Berrtalady, this sounds like another step closer to that revolution you say can't happen in the USA if the SCOTUS doesn't tell the crooks in Washington to go bite the big one on this.

One could argue that it does sound like that. Then again, as I stated in previous threads: America is no Soviet Union.

Washington is taking babysteps to strip us of all our freedoms, the only thing keeping them from declaring marshal law it the 2A.

You have no inherent Freedom, wake-up and smell the coffee. You have no Fundamental Right to 'this' 'that' and 'the other.' Welcome to the experience of Man in his Reality. Man has no Liberty; Man has no Principle; Man has Concepts, Notions, an interpretation of Reality that he navigates his so-called Existence through, without the ability to stop, go back, or move forward at any pace but that which is set by the inherent Nature of the Universe.

I bet you can't even write to me, in your own words, what exactly is Freedom. Also, the Second Amendment isn't doing crap to stop Them from declaring Marshal Law.

But I digress...I double-dog dare you to offer me, in your own words, what Freedom is, and how Freedom exists with Man, in Man, or however you 'choose' to frame it.

Logan 5

Hmmm. Who's got the balls to call them to the mat for this one? So..... who is "them"?

"Them" is the dickless wonders that passed this law. Can we get a list of who voted for and against this law?
How do we "call them to the mat" for this? Simple- write them, call them, demand an explanation. Do it at a rally if need be.

I don't think it's a bad idea to ask the SS a question- if I express my opinion and you don't like it, exactly what the hell do you think you're gonna do about it?

ncwabbit

...snip
I don't think it's a bad idea to ask the SS a question- if I express my opinion and you don't like it, exactly what the hell do you think you're gonna do about it?

we'd visit and send cards to you while you sat somewhere in the hoosgow, slammer, tank, big house, clink, joint, cooler, stir!!! (that is if we knew where 'they' spirited you away to!!)

wabbit

Last edited:

DocWalker

One could argue that it does sound like that. Then again, as I stated in previous threads: America is no Soviet Union.

You have no inherent Freedom, wake-up and smell the coffee. You have no Fundamental Right to 'this' 'that' and 'the other.' Welcome to the experience of Man in his Reality. Man has no Liberty; Man has no Principle; Man has Concepts, Notions, an interpretation of Reality that he navigates his so-called Existence through, without the ability to stop, go back, or move forward at any pace but that which is set by the inherent Nature of the Universe.

I bet you can't even write to me, in your own words, what exactly is Freedom. Also, the Second Amendment isn't doing crap to stop Them from declaring Marshal Law.

But I digress...I double-dog dare you to offer me, in your own words, what Freedom is, and how Freedom exists with Man, in Man, or however you 'choose' to frame it.

I will take the double dog dare.

First freedom and the meaning of freedom is different for everyone.

My options on freedom is that I'm free to say and do what I want so long as it doesn't hurt others or cause damage.

I can vote for who I want and complain if my canidate isn't the winner.

I can go where I want and not have to get permission from the goverment, wouldn't it suck to have to get a permit to cross state lines everytime.

I can live where I want to live.

I can work where I want to work and not do the job the goverment assigns me.

To me freedom is not getting beaten or killed for my thoughts and view.

I have seen people killed or beaten for just not being in the right place or saying the wrong thing.

Freedom to me is us being able to banter back and forth about what freedom is. Without freedom we wouldn't be talking.

Beretta92FSLady

I will take the double dog dare.

First freedom and the meaning of freedom is different for everyone.

[snippers]

So, Freedom is subjective?

Freedom to me is us being able to banter back and forth about what freedom is. Without freedom we wouldn't be talking.

Well, we might still be able to banter when we are locked in the OC-cell at Camp FEMA.

Gil223

"America is no Soviet Union" is perhaps a temporary condition, but one for which we can, at least, be temporarily thankful. (Remember that in 1991 there were massive protests in Moscow in an attempt in the Soviet Union to unseat Mikhail Gorbachev. The protests proved unsuccessful, but the "good news" was that the Soviet military [unlike the Chinese army at Tienanmen Square, who killed several hundred demonstrators] did not open fire upon the civilian demonstrators.)

You are certainly free to believe what you wish to believe... even if it is leftist BS. Humankind - until impeached by the actions of of a restrictive society - has a birthright of freedom. If a person decides to ignore societies impeachment of his free behaviors, he may continue to enjoy his freedoms until the moment he is terminated. During WWII, many of the imprisoned Jews would sing a German song, "Die gedanken sind frei" (roughly: My thoughts are [mind is] free), as a form of protest and an expression of their freedom. Granted that, in the final analysis, it did little for their physical well-being, but it did wonders for their morale.

Also, the Second Amendment isn't doing crap to stop Them from declaring Marshal Law.

Martial law may, at some point, be imposed, but can it be maintained for any significant period of time without the full support of the military (many of whom actually understand their "Oath of Allegiance"? The true importance of 2A may not be realized until the government attempts the unwarranted implementation of Martial law). The oath is written in plain English, and says in part, "...I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...". The Soldier/Sailor/Airman/Marine's first allegiance is to the Constitution, anything that follows that is secondary, and - if in contravention of the Constitution - may rightfully be ignored. You sound as if you plan to just roll over if Martial law is ever invoked... which most liberals will probably do. Pax...

Beretta92FSLady

"America is no Soviet Union" is perhaps a temporary condition, but one for which we can, at least, be temporarily thankful. (Remember that in 1991 there were massive protests in Moscow in an attempt in the Soviet Union to unseat Mikhail Gorbachev. The protests proved unsuccessful, but the "good news" was that the Soviet military [unlike the Chinese army at Tienanmen Square, who killed several hundred demonstrators] did not open fire upon the civilian demonstrators.)

I am not disputing that the Soviet Union had massive protests--I believe recently as well. I am stating that we are a long way from being as oppressive, and dysfunctional as the Soviet Union. Also, the Federal Government would have a pretty big issue getting the whole of the military, on American Soil, to beat down massive protests. big difference between the U.S. and Russia: U.S. has 80,000,000 gun owners; Russia has, well, from what I could find: 2-5 firearms per 100 persons.

You are certainly free to believe what you wish to believe... even if it is leftist BS. Humankind - until impeached by the actions of of a restrictive society - has a birthright of freedom. If a person decides to ignore societies impeachment of his free behaviors, he may continue to enjoy his freedoms until the moment he is terminated. During WWII, many of the imprisoned Jews would sing a German song, "Die gedanken sind frei" (roughly: My thoughts are [mind is] free), as a form of protest and an expression of their freedom. Granted that, in the final analysis, it did little for their physical well-being, but it did wonders for their morale.

Well then, as I stated, Man has no inherent Freedom, if Man does, it stops the second Man is social (either by choice, or born-into). Jews were right in Principle: [the mind is free].

Martial law may, at some point, be imposed, but can it be maintained for any significant period of time without the full support of the military (many of whom actually understand their "Oath of Allegiance"? The true importance of 2A may not be realized until the government attempts the unwarranted implementation of Martial law). The oath is written in plain English, and says in part, "...I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...". The Soldier/Sailor/Airman/Marine's first allegiance is to the Constitution, anything that follows that is secondary, and - if in contravention of the Constitution - may rightfully be ignored. You sound as if you plan to just roll over if Martial law is ever invoked... which most liberals will probably do. Pax...

There are a number of reasons Martial Law can be imposed. Here in the States, unlike most other States, I think 'they' would be hard-pressed to maintain order under Martial law; IMO, it would turn into a blood-bath.

Also, the Second Amendment won't mean squat under Martial Law, hell, under any Government mandate that restricts citizens--but by that point, the whole of the Constitution would be irrelevant, IMO.

I hope military persons would not follow orders to round-up citizens, but we know that isn't the case much of the time in other States where we have observed the State's military level protesting citizens in the streets.

I really believe that the Federal Government would not ban firearms, or impose some sort of military rule; America would become a very violent place. Although, America is slowly becoming a Police State, IMO, it's incremental, but present none-the-less, and more of a threat than any Military Style oppression.

Daylen

Russia used the military, the USA uses illegal military otherwise known as federal law enforcement.

since9

Campaign Veteran
And this is why We the People need to stop debating the merit's of our choosen party and realize that government as a whole is the problem. It should not be, Demecrats did this...blah blah blah and Republicans did that.... blah blah blah. When that is the focus and not "The governement is going to do xyz TO We the People" our Rights will continue to be stripped away.

I agree both the Democrats and the Republicans are not only outmoded, but they're in collusion.

Thus, I propose two new parties:

1. We The People

and

2. Them The No-Longer-Elected