• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry Bill Passes

mahkagari

MTB, welcome to the CO board. Just a couple of tips. First, take things posted from non-Coloradans with a grain of salt. They're just stopping by and if they're not one of the mod wannabe trolls, then they're curt with "fly by" comments that may not take the time to add any inflection to their post to convey a "no harm indented".

Secondly, I've seen you post a couple of things where you've gotten flak for them being "old news". Check the date on the articles. I know you're sharing them because they are cool, but many have already seen the info and/or the current status of such issues has changed since the article was written.

I get you're eager to share, but keep in mind something like "Hey, did ya hear? CU is trying to ban guns on their campus!" isn't going to get a lot of favorable response. It's troll bait. Those of us who have seen it and are polite will ignore it, leaving the room clear for those itching for something to pounce on to make a mess. In connecting with others in this shared interest of yours, realize that it has to be a two way connection. Posting what interests you without thinking how it may interest others isn't as effective.

At least take the time to say, "I found this and thought it was interesting. The article's old. Anyone know the current status?" Asking the question will draw you allies rather than leaving room for the trolls to think you believe you have more information than anyone else.

MTBWolf

Figured out why I was getting all these, someone is answering OLD post that were way down the list on their facebook page. Someone will comment on matter and it is automatically bumped to the top of the page. In the future I will make sure the news is new instead of someone bumping the post forward. But will check news stories before I post them from now on. Sorry about that, have a GREAT CAVALRY DAY!!!!!

MTBWolf