• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what to do after a self defense shooting in virginia what to expect

Fenris

After a self defense shooting I'm going to:
1. Call 911
2. Call user
3. Shut The Frack Up
4. See #3

I am also skeptical of anything for "Preppers, Survivalists and Sheepdogs"

Last edited:

mk4

@OP...

i would highly suggest that you attend one of Proshooter's "Intro to Concealed Carry in Va" classes. while your topic is certainly not cc-specific, he does cover very well, the 'what to do when...' scenario. i've got it written down verbatim in my class notes. also, if you can, keep an eye out for user to offer his "Deadly Force Seminar" class. i'm sure that his students are as well-prepared as is possible for an event such as this.

just trying to be helpful...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
:banana:

[video=youtube;C0K_LZDXp0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0K_LZDXp0I[/video]

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
People around here talk about User quite a bit. Who is he/she?

See if you can find the threads on Skidmark's case Jack.

User (Dan Hawes) is without any question the best defense attorney I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

It's really a lot deeper than that. Dan has an unusual background, accomplished musician (Cello), accomplished machinist, religious scholar, Etc.

He actually believes in the law while not having any mistaken illusions about how it's been misused and abused.

Most lawyers are assembly line hacks. Give them two grand, meet them at the court house, they'll plead the case down...next case please. Dan doesn't do that. Every case gets 150% and he seems to win them all.

Surry is a good example. Surry was the most corrupt county I've ever had the displeasure of setting foot in. Thankfully, the Good Ol Boy Judge retired and was replaced with a legal icon. Between Dan's expertise and Judge Zepkin's legal integrity, the corrupt end of the system got bitch slapped.

So to echo MK4....a very well respected lawyer.

Marco

@ op since you are scared of old ladies.

while you are free make sure someone on the outside loves you enough to keep you supplied with smokes, lube, condoms and other sundrie items after you are incarcerated.

learn to enjoy wearing dresses and taking a piss while seated

in prison you won't have a gun to help resolve the issues like crazy folks screaming at you etc....

VApatriot

After a self defense shooting I'm going to:
1. Call 911
2. Call user
3. Shut The Frack Up
4. See #3

5. Decide that not enough people know how awesome I am/was
6. Share my story of facing death and responding to it the most calm, cool, and collected way on Facebook, MySpace, OCDO and every other forum, and my new blog (where you will be able to donate to my legal defense fund)

Edit to add what to expect:

1. Everyone will praise me as the hero that I am
2. I will finally get the respect that I deserve (and maybe an extra star or two and a title for my OCDO account ;))

Last edited:

MagiK_SacK

5. Decide that not enough people know how awesome I am/was
6. Share my story of facing death and responding to it the most calm, cool, and collected way on Facebook, MySpace, OCDO and every other forum, and my new blog (where you will be able to donate to my legal defense fund)

Edit to add what to expect:

1. Everyone will praise me as the hero that I am
2. I will finally get the respect that I deserve (and maybe an extra star or two and a title for my OCDO account ;))

Is that how you get those little stars?!?! I guess I really need to work on that! hahah :lol:

MKEgal

Given her history of altering her fantastic what-if posts after her feces-agitation has worked, it'd be good for at least one person to "reply to post" when they first show up so there's a record of what she's said.

Last edited:

curtiswr

Given her history of altering her fantastic what-if posts after her feces-agitation has worked, it'd be good for at least one person to "reply to post" when they first show up so there's a record of what she's said.

Google had the page cached with the original post in tact. Here is a screenshot:

"what to do after a self defense shooting in virginia what to expect"

jb1uhg.jpg

And here is a screenshot of the cached first post in one of the threads I referenced in post #4 of this thread...

"how do self defense shootings get handled in virginia?"

xfnmur.jpg

Last edited:

mk4

i didn't even realize the OP edited out the original post. :rolleyes:

hey OP...
if ya can't run with the big dogs, stay up on the porch and whimper with the puppies. :uhoh: