Thread: Saw this on the bus:

Saw this on the bus:

States You are 22times more likely to kill a family memeber or friend than an intruder. I laughed as a readit, and the lady next to me asked what was so funny. I pointed and told her. She agreed guns are bad. I told her how its not the guns fault it goes off, ts the person. She frowned for a moment, and as I got up open carry of course, told her to have a nice day. The look on her face was priceless.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0183[1].jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	8379  

Did anyone say anything when you took the picture... I love ignorant people and their stupid remarks

lol
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

I wonder if we could start getting our own signs put on the buses. Something like,

You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder in the commission of a crime.

360,000 Citizens are ready to defend themselves. And those are just the ones we know about.

Kinda lame but you get the idea.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Poor Greasefire, They just have to keep lying to try to convince the Sheeple that they know everything...
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    I wonder if we could start getting our own signs put on the buses. Something like,

You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder in the commission of a crime.

360,000 Citizens are ready to defend themselves. And those are just the ones we know about.

Kinda lame but you get the idea.
    That would make a great sign, all easily verifiable facts and it can get updated yearly with a cross out and the new numbers.

This has already been discussed on a thread on page 4 of this forum.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

The metro system is not supposed to have political ads on the buses.

That was their excuse for not wanting the "Buy Local" ads on the buses. They claimed they were political in nature. Then they had a nice talking to by someone and they agreed the they were not political.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by briehl12 View Post
    States You are 22times more likely to kill a family memeber or friend than an intruder. I laughed as a readit, and the lady next to me asked what was so funny. I pointed and told her. She agreed guns are bad. I told her how its not the guns fault it goes off, ts the person. She frowned for a moment, and as I got up open carry of course, told her to have a nice day. The look on her face was priceless.

Should have told her the information is crap; that you only shot 3 relatives in your house today!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    The metro system is not supposed to have political ads on the buses.

That was their excuse for not wanting the "Buy Local" ads on the buses. They claimed they were political in nature. Then they had a nice talking to by someone and they agreed the they were not political.
    And they also prohibit any ads for guns, ammo, or encouraging/supporting the use thereof. Yet the opposition gets a soapbox.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    And they also prohibit any ads for guns, ammo, or encouraging/supporting the use thereof. Yet the opposition gets a soapbox.
    Get an injunction.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    That doesn't sound at all reassuring, it's too easy to parse this way: {You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot} by {a CPL holder in the commission of a crime}.

Do you perhaps mean: "If you attempt to commit a crime you have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder" ? That sounds a lot better. It took me a couple of minutes thinking "WTF?" before I saw that it could be parsed that way.

Or perhaps "Committing a crime? You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder.".

Perhaps with a picture of a 14-sided die with a pistol on the top face... (or is that too D&D geeky? )

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    How about an ad that says 99.9999% percent of ceasefire ads are misleading and untruthful.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

good idea

Equal time. Is that not the law? If one side can the other side should be able speak. There's that pesky Constitution again. What does it cost to put a simple message on the buses? Can we chip some change in to get this going??
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by John Hardin View Post
    That doesn't sound at all reassuring, it's too easy to parse this way: {You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot} by {a CPL holder in the commission of a crime}.

Do you perhaps mean: "If you attempt to commit a crime you have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder" ? That sounds a lot better. It took me a couple of minutes thinking "WTF?" before I saw that it could be parsed that way.

Or perhaps "Committing a crime? You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder.".

Perhaps with a picture of a 14-sided die with a pistol on the top face... (or is that too D&D geeky? )
    It was meant as a framework for an overall idea. Yours are phrased a bit better.
    I think this really is something we should look into.

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Equal time. Is that not the law? If one side can the other side should be able speak. There's that pesky Constitution again. What does it cost to put a simple message on the buses? Can we chip some change in to get this going??
    The same court decisions that would keep the Klan from putting a hate speech ad on a bus, even if they had the money, would probably prevent us. Not that I agree, just sayin... Someone should look into CT or Pierce's policies on the matter. Cheaper too, since they're smaller.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

I saw that same thing on one of the outside billboards on the buses going through the Everett Station today.
    I was not happy but laughing at the same time because I was CC at that moment.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

How about: "if you are a criminal in Washington State, there is a 1 in 14 chance the victim you choose will be armed."

Has anyone called Transit to ask their policy on political ads? Something might be done angling from this approach.

Also, they might be getting away with it as a "Public Service Announcement" instead of a political ad. To counter, a public service ad of our own might be in order.

My proposal:

According to the CDC, 84% of the population will be the victim of an attempted violent crime.

Over half will be completed.

65% of criminals admit they have stopped due to the presence of a firearm.

Think and arm yourself.

Of course the numbers will have to be double checked first.
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

UPDATE: I sent an email to metro complaint email and as I am sitting on the same bus the sign is no longer there.

Excellent!