• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw this on the bus:

briehl12

States You are 22times more likely to kill a family memeber or friend than an intruder. I laughed as a readit, and the lady next to me asked what was so funny. I pointed and told her. She agreed guns are bad. I told her how its not the guns fault it goes off, ts the person. She frowned for a moment, and as I got up open carry of course, told her to have a nice day. The look on her face was priceless.

Attachments

• IMG_0183[1].jpg
    IMG_0183[1].jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 310

decklin

I wonder if we could start getting our own signs put on the buses. Something like,

You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder in the commission of a crime.

360,000 Citizens are ready to defend themselves. And those are just the ones we know about.

Kinda lame but you get the idea.

Vitaeus

I wonder if we could start getting our own signs put on the buses. Something like,

You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder in the commission of a crime.

360,000 Citizens are ready to defend themselves. And those are just the ones we know about.

Kinda lame but you get the idea.

That would make a great sign, all easily verifiable facts and it can get updated yearly with a cross out and the new numbers.

Freedom1Man

The metro system is not supposed to have political ads on the buses.:cuss:

That was their excuse for not wanting the "Buy Local" ads on the buses. They claimed they were political in nature. Then they had a nice talking to by someone and they agreed the they were not political.

davidmcbeth

Banned
States You are 22times more likely to kill a family memeber or friend than an intruder. I laughed as a readit, and the lady next to me asked what was so funny. I pointed and told her. She agreed guns are bad. I told her how its not the guns fault it goes off, ts the person. She frowned for a moment, and as I got up open carry of course, told her to have a nice day. The look on her face was priceless.

Should have told her the information is crap; that you only shot 3 relatives in your house today!

Metalhead47

The metro system is not supposed to have political ads on the buses.:cuss:

That was their excuse for not wanting the "Buy Local" ads on the buses. They claimed they were political in nature. Then they had a nice talking to by someone and they agreed the they were not political.

And they also prohibit any ads for guns, ammo, or encouraging/supporting the use thereof. Yet the opposition gets a soapbox.:banghead:

John Hardin

That doesn't sound at all reassuring, it's too easy to parse this way: {You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot} by {a CPL holder in the commission of a crime}.

Do you perhaps mean: "If you attempt to commit a crime you have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder" ? That sounds a lot better. It took me a couple of minutes thinking "WTF?" before I saw that it could be parsed that way.

Or perhaps "Committing a crime? You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder.".

Perhaps with a picture of a 14-sided die with a pistol on the top face... (or is that too D&D geeky? :) )

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
good idea

Equal time. Is that not the law? If one side can the other side should be able speak. There's that pesky Constitution again. What does it cost to put a simple message on the buses? Can we chip some change in to get this going??

decklin

That doesn't sound at all reassuring, it's too easy to parse this way: {You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot} by {a CPL holder in the commission of a crime}.

Do you perhaps mean: "If you attempt to commit a crime you have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder" ? That sounds a lot better. It took me a couple of minutes thinking "WTF?" before I saw that it could be parsed that way.

Or perhaps "Committing a crime? You have a 1 in 14 chance of being shot by a CPL holder.".

Perhaps with a picture of a 14-sided die with a pistol on the top face... (or is that too D&D geeky? :) )

It was meant as a framework for an overall idea. Yours are phrased a bit better.
I think this really is something we should look into.

Metalhead47

Equal time. Is that not the law? If one side can the other side should be able speak. There's that pesky Constitution again. What does it cost to put a simple message on the buses? Can we chip some change in to get this going??

The same court decisions that would keep the Klan from putting a hate speech ad on a bus, even if they had the money, would probably prevent us. Not that I agree, just sayin... Someone should look into CT or Pierce's policies on the matter. Cheaper too, since they're smaller.

Freedom1Man

I saw that same thing on one of the outside billboards on the buses going through the Everett Station today.
I was not happy but laughing at the same time because I was CC at that moment.

Phssthpok

How about: "if you are a criminal in Washington State, there is a 1 in 14 chance the victim you choose will be armed."

Levi

Has anyone called Transit to ask their policy on political ads? Something might be done angling from this approach.

Also, they might be getting away with it as a "Public Service Announcement" instead of a political ad. To counter, a public service ad of our own might be in order.

My proposal:

According to the CDC, 84% of the population will be the victim of an attempted violent crime.

Over half will be completed.

65% of criminals admit they have stopped due to the presence of a firearm.

Think and arm yourself.

Of course the numbers will have to be double checked first.

briehl12

UPDATE: I sent an email to metro complaint email and as I am sitting on the same bus the sign is no longer there.