• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bank of America is a possible Anti-Gun bank

Gil223

POSSIBLE? Check out this video...

BoA is unquestionably anti-gun! Perhaps those of us who deal with banks should become anti-BoA, and close our accounts, insuring that the bank manager knows why...
[video]http://www.2ndamendmenttv.com/videos/attacks-on-our-rights-1/bank-of-america-to-firearms-manufacturer-we-dont-want-your-business.html[/video]

We may not be able to bring BoA down, but we may succeed in making them rethink their anti-gun position. Pax...

Redbaron007

BoA is unquestionably anti-gun! Perhaps those of us who deal with banks should become anti-BoA, and close our accounts, insuring that the bank manager knows why...
[video]http://www.2ndamendmenttv.com/videos/attacks-on-our-rights-1/bank-of-america-to-firearms-manufacturer-we-dont-want-your-business.html[/video]

We may not be able to bring BoA down, but we may succeed in making them rethink their anti-gun position. Pax...

Interesting.....my local BoA is gun friendly or was last time I was in there.:eek:

Gil223

Interesting.....my local BoA is gun friendly or was last time I was in there.:eek:

Apparently this was a decision made at the highest level of BoA against McMillan Stocks only because in the last 5 years they had the audacity to begin building complete weapon systems. It's a discriminatory anti-gun action, based upon the type of manufacturing. McMillan had been with BoA for 12 years. Perhaps it hasn't filtered down to the lower echelon yet, or maybe it isn't intended to be applied company wide (according to the interview, BoA did not want the shooting public to know about it). It could be that they only want to discriminate against firearm manufacturers. Pax...

Redbaron007

Apparently this was a decision made at the highest level of BoA against McMillan Stocks only because in the last 5 years they had the audacity to begin building complete weapon systems. It's a discriminatory anti-gun action, based upon the type of manufacturing. McMillan had been with BoA for 12 years. Perhaps it hasn't filtered down to the lower echelon yet, or maybe it isn't intended to be applied company wide (according to the interview, BoA did not want the shooting public to know about it). It could be that they only want to discriminate against firearm manufacturers. Pax...

Remember, we only have McMillan's side of the story. BOA has publicly, in general, denied his allegations.....however, they are unable to comment publicly specifically. Therefore, until the other side has been told (it won't be because of privacy issues) McMillan has to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm sure there is more to this saga on both sides...the question is..."what is it?".

Gil223

Remember, we only have McMillan's side of the story. BOA has publicly, in general, denied his allegations.....however, they are unable to comment publicly specifically. Therefore, until the other side has been told (it won't be because of privacy issues) McMillan has to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm sure there is more to this saga on both sides...the question is..."what is it?".

BoA's lack of forthrightness inclines me toward believing McMillan's account. However, until BoA has provided the background supporting their action, we are only able to speculate. (Kelly McMillan's response to BoA's action is that McMillan Groups International will "no longer be accepting BoA credit cards as payment" for their products.)

Although I was able to access the BoA Organizational Structure Chart, I did not become a "member" and therefore was unable to access any information about their executives. However, for being a "Senior VP", I found it interesting that Mr. Ray Fox is so far down the corporate food chain that his name does not appear on the chart. (Perhaps this is so the uppermost echelon of executives has several degrees of insulation from "the trenches", and the accompanying deniability such separation would provide?) BoA, as do many large corporations, probably has almost as many "Senior VP's" as they have clerical staff. These appear to be impressively titled - but relatively innocuous - "enforcers", who are assigned the distasteful tasks to which the "big boys" wish to have no traceable connection. (Could the title be a reward for not having taken any sick days for one complete fiscal year? ;) ) Just throwing this out there for your consideration. Business politics isn't that different from political politics... and every bit as cut-throat. (JMO)Pax...

Last edited:

Redbaron007

BoA's lack of forthrightness inclines me toward believing McMillan's account. However, until BoA has provided the background supporting their action, we are only able to speculate. (Kelly McMillan's response to BoA's action is that McMillan Groups International will "no longer be accepting BoA credit cards as payment" for their products.)

Although I was able to access the BoA Organizational Structure Chart, I did not become a "member" and therefore was unable to access any information about their executives. However, for being a "Senior VP", I found it interesting that Mr. Ray Fox is so far down the corporate food chain that his name does not appear on the chart. (Perhaps this is so the uppermost echelon of executives has several degrees of insulation from "the trenches", and the accompanying deniability such separation would provide?) BoA, as do many large corporations, probably has almost as many "Senior VP's" as they have clerical staff. These appear to be impressively titled - but relatively innocuous - "enforcers", who are assigned the distasteful tasks to which the "big boys" wish to have no traceable connection. (Could the title be a reward for not having taken any sick days for one complete fiscal year? ;) ) Just throwing this out there for your consideration. Business politics isn't that different from political politics... and every bit as cut-throat. (JMO)Pax...

Your first paragraph sums it up; we only have one side of the story. Their inclination to give details would/does violate potential federal/state privacy rules. They will not commit specifically on the circumstances.

Taking sides with McMillan is your choice. I would be willing to bet McMillan hasn't provided the full story; he won't.

As for them not accepting BOA cards, the only way they would know is if you paid in person. They have no idea who pays with what online or over the phone; just VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, DISCOVER. McMillan's comment about this shows his desire to slander BoA.

Gil223

Taking sides with McMillan is your choice. I would be willing to bet McMillan hasn't provided the full story; he won't.

I'm not "taking sides", as I have no dog in this fight. As I said, "I'm inclined" to believe McMillan. But, the fat lady ain't sung yet...

As for them not accepting BOA cards, the only way they would know is if you paid in person. They have no idea who pays with what online or over the phone; just VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, DISCOVER. McMillan's comment about this shows his desire to slander BoA.

From the ABA: "The first six digits of the credit card number (including the initial MII digit) are known as the Issuer Identification Number (IIN). These identify the institution that issued the card to the card holder. Each processor has one or more IINs, which it divides into plans by using Group Number and Processor Control Number fields. The IIN database and membership is managed by the American Bankers Association (ABA) and is updated monthly. The ABA is responsible for allocating IIN ranges to the issuing networks." It appears that the issuing bank can be identified, but it would not be an easy task for anybody unfamiliar with the process, or lacking complete dedication to the task. Pax...

Redbaron007

I'm not "taking sides", as I have no dog in this fight. As I said, "I'm inclined" to believe McMillan. But, the fat lady ain't sung yet...

From the ABA: "The first six digits of the credit card number (including the initial MII digit) are known as the Issuer Identification Number (IIN). These identify the institution that issued the card to the card holder. Each processor has one or more IINs, which it divides into plans by using Group Number and Processor Control Number fields. The IIN database and membership is managed by the American Bankers Association (ABA) and is updated monthly. The ABA is responsible for allocating IIN ranges to the issuing networks." It appears that the issuing bank can be identified, but it would not be an easy task for anybody unfamiliar with the process, or lacking complete dedication to the task. Pax...

Is it possible? yes, probable? No. The ABA would have to release those sequential numbers for them to try and make that determination. So, back to my point, they won't know.

In addition, refusing it may violate their contract with the card issuer, ie Visa/MC/Disc/Amex. If they take Visa, they can't reject certain bank's card, it's not like a check. So, once again, McMillan is blowing hot air; which makes me wonder what he isnt saying.

Gil223

Is it possible? yes, probable? No. The ABA would have to release those sequential numbers for them to try and make that determination. So, back to my point, they won't know.

In addition, refusing it may violate their contract with the card issuer, ie Visa/MC/Disc/Amex. If they take Visa, they can't reject certain bank's card, it's not like a check. So, once again, McMillan is blowing hot air; which makes me wonder what he isnt saying.

Point taken. Pax...