• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

received permit from Bridgeport PD in two weeks!!!

bmmd321

After obtaining my permit a little over a year ago I had to wait 9 weeks from Hamden. I ended up getting my older brother to take his basic pistol class and helped him with his paperwork. He submitted it two weeks ago and surprise he has his permit today from Bridgeport. He's very excited. I told him about this awesome website called Open Carry where he can learn a lot from fellow permit holders. Just felt like sharing the news and also for Kix who needs this info. Take care guys Carry On!!!

Rich B

While we still have this permit system, we should expect this kind of time frame to be the maximum. This is the goal of our Permit Delay campaign:

http://ctcarry.com/PermitDelays/Delays

It is also why we worked so hard to correct the SPBI backlog that seems to have been cleared up, and we are still documenting at the moment:

http://ctcarry.com/Campaign/SPBIBacklog_Background

We need to keep marching on and make sure that all towns and cities turnaround permits within the confines of the statutes.

Thank you for the good news, I hope your friend enjoys his new permit. Make sure to take him to the range in celebration.

IH8SPM

For all that may new or visiting. Bridgeport is telling an applicant from another forum that it will be 8,12,16 weeks who knows how long.

That is what had me so p$%^%^ off while I waited 68 days in West Haven. They tell one person one thing and turn around and GIVE someone else theirs. No offense to anyone, use what you can to make it happen until this issue is resolved.

rt1983

It's definitely aggravating to call and get a different answer from the same person on the same day. Ask me how I know...

davidmcbeth

Banned
After obtaining my permit a little over a year ago I had to wait 9 weeks from Hamden. I ended up getting my older brother to take his basic pistol class and helped him with his paperwork. He submitted it two weeks ago and surprise he has his permit today from Bridgeport. He's very excited. I told him about this awesome website called Open Carry where he can learn a lot from fellow permit holders. Just felt like sharing the news and also for Kix who needs this info. Take care guys Carry On!!!

Maybe your brother has a special relationship with the police clerk .. oooo lala