• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not an open carry question but...

importinvasion

Hey guys, this is not an open carry question, but I know you guys know the answer to it. Looking for some answrs. I've been open carrying, and recently got my cc permit. I know the typiical places that we can't carry like places that serve alcohol, and places that charge admission like shows and movie theatres, and places that are posted. But what about places where you pay to use the establishment like skating rinks, bowling alleys, and also what is the current law with regards to parks. Thanks.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

dmatting

Hey guys, this is not an open carry question, but I know you guys know the answer to it. Looking for some answrs. I've been open carrying, and recently got my cc permit. I know the typiical places that we can't carry like places that serve alcohol, and places that charge admission like shows and movie theatres, and places that are posted. But what about places where you pay to use the establishment like skating rinks, bowling alleys, and also what is the current law with regards to parks. Thanks.

Everything below assumes you have a CHP...

The places that you mention are off limits to both CC and OC (regarding alcohol, admission, etc). A bowling alley doesn't have an admission charge - they have usage charges - for the lane and the shoes (at least that is how I see it). Most bowling alleys I have been to serve beer, though, so you may be SOL just for that. Skating rinks I believe are the same way - pay for usage of the skates and the rink but I'm not sure. Otherwise, these places are private property so their own rules would apply.

As for parks, you can OC or CC in national parks. As for state parks, you can only CC. You can CC in local parks as well, but watch out for some of the local ordinances that restrict usage in certain limited areas (and some localities are actually defying state law by attempting to restrict more than what is allowed in the state law).

If you are on NC state gamelands, you can OC or CC as long as you are not hunting with the weapon. There are some privately owned gamelands that do not allow OC/CC - go to ncwildlife.org for more info. You can CC at boating and fishing access areas, but no OC.

You can also OC or CC at state owned rest stops along the highway.

Disclaimer: I believe the above to be correct but IANAL.

Last edited:

importinvasion

Thank you for the reply. Yes I do have my cc, and I want to make sure I do the right thing. I've open carried for a long time. Cc is new to me, but its time. Thanks again