Thread: Man w/gun stops knife attack

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Man w/gun stops knife attack

A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

http://tinyurl.com/7wuostg
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Smile

Although it is really sad that people had to get hurt like that, I am truly glad that the man was there to do what he did. I am glad on more than just saving those peoples lives, but also for the public outlook on people that carry. Unfortunately...I do not think this will make national news...even tho it should. Ultimately tho...I thank god that man was there. I cant wait to move to Utah and hopefully get to meet more like minded folks.

Lots of good people here for sure. Good people, good cops, good politicians included.

Banned
    The knife guy seems like he has a couple of screws loose. And the police? They were almost there? About 20 minutes away.

I love Utah laws

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Zach
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

This story is an excellent example of the need for law abiding citizens to go armed for their own protection and the protection of others. While the armed citizen has not been identified (as far as I know), he showed remarkable poise and only met force on force as needed. KUDOs Citizen. The only thing that would make this story better (for me) would be to learn the armed citizen who intervened had been one of my students.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Race card?

I don't recall "playing the race card"... other than mentioning the man doing the stabbing is Vietnamese, as was reported in the media. I didn't know that stating the country of a perpetrator's origin would be "playing the race card. How PC must we be to avoid being censored now?
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    I don't recall "playing the race card"... other than mentioning the man doing the stabbing is Vietnamese, as was reported in the media. I didn't know that stating the country of a perpetrator's origin would be "playing the race card. How PC must we be to avoid being censored now?
    It is not about being PC - it is about posting responsibly and within the forum rules.

PM sent
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    It is not about being PC - it is about posting responsibly and within the forum rules.

PM sent
    Sorry, Grapeshot, but I don't see where forum rules 6 or 9 applied. Could you please direct me to the correct rule? Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!