• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Breakfast Sat 4/28: 9:30 AM @ River City Diner I-95 & Parham Rd

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sorry about the late post. There was a crash & burn on the corner and, yes, I rubbernecked.

From the comfort of my lawn chair.

Anyhow, we will be at River City Diner tomorrow, Saturday April 28, 2012. Official start time is 9:30 AM but those wishing infield seats may arrive early.

Yes it is race weekend - expect to see some NASCAR fans and be ready to share the goodness of OCing with them.

stay safe.

scouser

going to try for on time, weird how we get there early the one time we've been southside, yet RCD is 4 miles from home and we can't get there before 10 usually. If I get this new job then I'll have to come to the dinners instead as that's going to be a Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon day-shift, although could be a while before Logan would be able to come with me to those. I'll need to run it by his mom and see how long he can stay out, we had him out eating dinner at 7pm last Saturday and he hated being out eating that late, get much past 6pm without feeding him and his mood turns ugly

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Logan brought his dad in right on time. I think he's getting used to us - much more "conversation" than previously. And Logan was pretty talkative, too.:) Sidestreet showed up with most of the family. Riverrat made his fashionably late entrance.

There were a number of :eek: and :uhoh: and :shocker: from what appearred to be folks either heading to or coming back from the races. We did some of that ourselves when the superheroes walked in. Nobody told us a comicon was in town - might have gone over to see the costumes and make comments.

Anybody wanting to meet for breakfast next Saturday (May 5) will have to make their own arrangements. Grapeshot and I are being taught by Chesterfield County how to be a disaster survivor.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Same fine group and yes....Logan is getting to be one of the boys!

I wasn't carrying a big gun (just a piddling 1911) but I got the :eek: all afternoon. Yankees gawking at WaWa, Popeyes, 7-11, Country Peddler....darn near everywhere I went.
I had to keep checking to see if my zipper was down.:cry:

Oh yeah...Skidmark got a hair cut and Grapeshot liked it so much he went looking for one!:uhoh: