Thread: Augusta

Augusta

I will be in Augusta next weekend and I know the whole no firearms in the capitol area thing. Reading the rules-not law- it states that you can punished as allowed under title 25 section 2910. Which says that Any person found guilty of violating any rule made pursuant to sections 2904 to 2907 shall, upon conviction, pay a fine of not less than $50 for each offense. So basically I can "lawfully" carry, meaning it isn't a criminal act, it just may cost me some money? Is that correct?

Also, the capitols police's web site is down. Is there a map around that has the capitol area defined?

Is there a maximum. Could be expensive... I forsee a $10,000 fine or something rediculous.

HERE IS THE CAPITOL AREA DESCRIPTION

F. No person, except a police officer on duty, shall carry firearms, dangerous weapons, explosives, incendiary devices, or implements which by their nature are capable of being used to destroy or injure a person or property in the Capitol Area.
    Last edited by Maine CWP Training; 05-06-2012 at 05:59 AM.
    Paul J. Mattson
    NRA Certified Instructor / RSO
    Maine CWP Training
    101 Main St.
    Harrison, ME 04040

www.mainecwptraining.com

(207) 583-4723
    CELL 232-7063

Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    HERE IS THE CAPITOL AREA DESCRIPTION

F. No person, except a police officer on duty, shall carry firearms, dangerous weapons, explosives, incendiary devices, or implements which by their nature are capable of being used to destroy or injure a person or property in the Capitol Area.
    We're discussing what weight that has. We know the rule. He's saying that basically it's a civil, not a criminal violation which would involve a fine. Are you aware of any cases where it was brought to trial and what the penalty was for violating this "rule"

Is there a map around that has the capitol area defined? I answered.
    Paul J. Mattson
    NRA Certified Instructor / RSO
    Maine CWP Training
    101 Main St.
    Harrison, ME 04040

www.mainecwptraining.com

(207) 583-4723
    CELL 232-7063