• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visit to Franktown, New Gun Store!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
A forum member reported that he's opened a new gun store with his partner. I decided to go by and visit the store while being in the vicinity because I'd been trying to serve papers on a gentleman in Centennial for 4 weeks without much luck.

Anyhow, I went down on Tuesday only to find they aren't open on Monday or Tuesday! Frustrated, I decided to stop by and do sursveillance on my elusive defendant. No defendant this time around either! Before leaving Franktown, I left my business card stuck in their door with a little note saying I'd be back.

Next day (Wednesday for those detail oriented folks out there) I made my way back to Franktown. On the way there, I stopped and found the defendant home and got him served. 4 weeks of trying finally paid off, and I got those papers served on him! I was feeling pretty darn good about that by the time I showed up at Franktown Firearms.

They have some nice firearms for sale. There isn't a lot of stock yet, which is to be expected with them just getting started. What they do have, however, is terrific. I saw several weapons I'd have snatched up in an Irish second if I'd had money enough to slap on the counter. And then I saw something that I couldn't leave untouched. A Rock Island Arms 1911 at a price that was outstanding! It has a chrome finish and wood grips. It looks totally shpadoinkle, and I asked to handle the gun. The balance is outstanding, and I fell in lust with that handgun. I slapped down a deposit and will be bringing it home within a month as money comes in.

There are plenty of firearms stores in the Denver metromess. They are not keen on Open Carry in their stores. The guys at Franktown are very friendly and welcome OC at their store. We talked about the OC forum, about OC in Colorado, and about firearms in general. I did not walk into the store with any intention of buying a handgun but ended up dropping money on that 1911. I've wanted a 1911 for awhile now, and at the price he was asking, I just couldn't let that one slide! I figure if I didn't jump on it, somebody else would and real soon too! His prices were competitive, or better, than most other gun shops I've visited. It may be a bit of a drive from Aurora, but I believe we ought to support one another, and the men who run Franktown Firearms are OCDO members and support OC rights.

They also intend to create a range at their location, and the possibility exists they'll have pistol and rifle ranges to offer. They're still planning on things for the future. Their primary focus is getting their store up and running. I got a 'look see' at the part of their building where they intend to create a range, and it looks like they've got room for a real good one!

All in all, my assessment of this newest gun store in the area is very positive and I enjoyed the company of fellow OC'ers who run the place. I am confident that I'll not only be back, but also foresee buying more guns from them in the future. I believe that we should support an OC friendly gun store, just as they support our OC rights in Colorado. There ain't much in the way of gun stores that do so, and we ought to promote them as we do any business that is supportive of our OC rights.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

GAMER80116

Thank you, sir. We appreciate your kind words and your business and welcome you back at any time. And that goes for everyone else here, too :)

Franktown Firearms

M-Taliesin

Thank you, sir. We appreciate your kind words and your business and welcome you back at any time. And that goes for everyone else here, too :)

Franktown Firearms

Howdy Amigo!
No real kindness required. You folks run a nice shop and present a friendly disposition, and are comodious to open carry at your store. For that, it is I who thank you. I certainly appreciate your accommodating our local community in particular, and cordiality to me in particular.

I look forward to bringing that handgun home, and look forward to doing additional business in months and years to come with ya'll.
May you folks be blessed with outrageous success in your new enterprise.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Keens

Great store! I went there last Friday and ended up chatting with the nice folks there for a few hours. Planning to buy my next handgun there soon and can't wait for the range to open. Very friendly folks there and are pro OC! I love it that they are pro 2A!