• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cascadia Tactical Zombie Day

TheDavid

Went to shoot some "Zombies" with my sister today at Cascadia Tactical. Grate facility and professorial friendly staff! I will be back for some more serous taring soon.

It was $35 for one run through, which is a grate intro to how they do things. Going today till 2:00.

http://www.cascadiatactical.com/home.php

Last edited:

TheDavid

I don't see how, it was a post about something cool I got to do that would be relevant to OC.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

amzbrady

I think it would be cool if a range would set up some life size moving zombie targets, some that go side to side and some that come right at ya, instead of a clip on paper target. Make it so they fall when ya hit them but only with head shots.

TheDavid

This was even cooler than that, real zeds (people in protective gear)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
This is spam

Phone guy,
Here is the rule:

(7) NO SPAMMING: Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances! It is also considered spamming to post the same thread (even valid ones) to multiple forums

His link is to a Tactical range, for tactical training with Firearms. To be specific, you bring your own firearm, it gets a conversion, and you use your own Firearm to train with. Tactical training with Firearms applies to OC, as well as CC/Home defense.

So I actually would be interested if you would please explain just how you arrived at your conclusion that this breaks the forum rules, because clearly, by my dunderheaded reasoning, I am misinterpreting the rule.

Vitaeus

Wife and I have been considering finding a course to practice tactical versus range firearm usage, so this is an interesting idea for making it more "realistic" with people versus inanimate targets.

Levi

Wife and I have been considering finding a course to practice tactical versus range firearm usage, so this is an interesting idea for making it more "realistic" with people versus inanimate targets.

When I first started using handguns I was a terrible shot. I would hit other people's targets. I did some reading about how to improve and went to a video game arcade and ran through a couple hundred in quarters. I played the games where you have a plastic gun on a cord. My shooting improved on all fronts. My accuracy was better and my reaction time was way better. Was it as good as going through a course and training with a real gun? No, but it was a lot cheaper.

decklin

This looks really cool. I looked at the website but there isn't a specific link for Zombie Day. I saw the price but are there any requirements to be able to do this?
I looked at some of their other events but don't remember seeing any requirments for them. I'm just wondering if you have to take their courses in order to do this stuff.

WOD

Seattle Firearms Academy has a huge facility down here in Onalaska, and they offer tactical classes, but you also have to take their safety class. I am considering this when I have an extra few hundred dollars to spend. They also have a low-light room too. This is not an advertisement, or endorsement. Just something I was considering, just to hone some skills.

jbone

Phone guy,
Here is the rule:

(7) NO SPAMMING: Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances! It is also considered spamming to post the same thread (even valid ones) to multiple forums

His link is to a Tactical range, for tactical training with Firearms. To be specific, you bring your own firearm, it gets a conversion, and you use your own Firearm to train with. Tactical training with Firearms applies to OC, as well as CC/Home defense.

So I actually would be interested if you would please explain just how you arrived at your conclusion that this breaks the forum rules, because clearly, by my dunderheaded reasoning, I am misinterpreting the rule.

Well then lets go with #(8) and move the thread to it's proper place.
(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Have any of you discussing the appropriateness of this thread bothered to click the little triangle with the exclamation point inside? That sends a report to the administrators/moderators, who will then look at the thread (or individual post) and make an administrative decision. Most of the time if a post/thread is moved/deleted a reason is provided.

Thanks for the entertainment. I looked at the thread because of the title and stayed for the lulz.

stay safe.

jbone

Have any of you discussing the appropriateness of this thread bothered to click the little triangle with the exclamation point inside? That sends a report to the administrators/moderators, who will then look at the thread (or individual post) and make an administrative decision. Most of the time if a post/thread is moved/deleted a reason is provided.

Thanks for the entertainment. I looked at the thread because of the title and stayed for the lulz.

stay safe.
Here I thought they read every post and thread until their eyes bleed. So that's want the triangle is for, I looked through several state DMV, DOL driving book and never did find that sign, now I know why!:p