Thread: New dry side OC reports

New dry side OC reports

Well I can't find the old Eastern WA OC reports, so I thought I would restart, as I think the Central/Eastern WA guys will like this.

There is a new Dawg in Omak...been getting flyers from what appeared to be a new Farm/Ranch supply store. Well today we went to the Big City (Omak) and I decided to drop into this new store...It is called "Big R Stores". Appears to be out of Montana? stores listed as being in: Great Falls and Havre first...then SPOKANE (guys listen up) Mead, Moses Lake, Colville, WA, Ponderay, Lewiston, and Coeur d'Alene...And Now in Omak! (BTW: it is a huge store)

It is way more than a Farm/ranch supply store...Rack after rack of Rifles and shotguns, display case after display case of pistols...I managed to walk past 6 display cases of just revolvers, and the store was so new it wasn't even completely stocked yet. My wife was hurrying me out of the store so I didn't get to check prices, but what a selection! Wow. (we had 4 other places to go while we were down there) If you havent been in the Big R in your town...take a look.

Oh yes, walk in for a $12 advertized special, walked out with $145 worth of stuff, all but on item was MADE in the USA!

And, not a word on my carry...I had a CZ85 in an Allessi leather holster...no coat needed any more, it is finally warming up again.

OC at Farm Ranch Supply

Yes I OC at the Farm Ranch Supply 2 week ends ago.(East Wenachee) I was trying cowboy boots and very nice lady helped me. I had my Ruger Black Hawk 357 in a cowboy rig. The Ruger was a non issue.
    It was like they treated me like every one else.

That is awesome. I really need to check these places out the next time I'm in the area.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

I am from MT and never heard of them... However, as I would expect from most businesses from MT that you wouldn't have a problem OC. They tend to hold the constitution a little closer there.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Hmm sounds like a nice target for a road trip once Hwy 20 thaws out, love big country stores like that.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Yeah, Big -R-. In Spokane it's located off of Trent, in the western edge of Spokane Valley.

Think Tractor Supply Company crossed with Harbor Freight Tools.

where are they located? I'll be in Omak for a wedding reception and a family reunion in a while....are they in the old feed store or did they fill up some empty store front?

It is a big brand new store. Set back, just west of 97. Go north on 97 from Wal-Mart a 1/2 mile or so. If you are headed north, just after you get on top of the second flat turn left. It is between the highway and that big rock pit just north of Omak.
    Last edited by hermannr; 04-30-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    It is a big brand new store. Set back, just west of 97. Go north on 97 from Wal-Mart a 1/2 mile or so. If you are headed north, just after you get on top of the second flat turn left. It is between the highway and that big rock pit just north of Omak.
    so on the old road to Riverside, then, like heading to the airport...got it. Will give it a gander when I get over there.

Spent part of last week in the Columbia Gorge area near Lyle. OC'd frequently and when we ran into White Salmon for ice, etc. OC'd into 2 stores without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Spent part of last week in the Columbia Gorge area near Lyle. OC'd frequently and when we ran into White Salmon for ice, etc. OC'd into 2 stores without issue.
    I deer hunt in and around Lyle and also over near White Salmon and that whole area. Never had a problem.
    Live Free or Die!