Thread: Probably last post for ocdc

Probably last post for ocdc

Today I was elected to the BOD of the MSSA. I have to turn my attention else ware.

Although I hope for the best for OC rights and I and others have worked very hard, it's doubtful at best.

There is power in numbers and the numbers are not here.

I'll no longer be active on this site, although I'll look from time to time, most likely will not post.

On the subject of OC rights.

I've played all my cards, and used the wild cards as well, the future of OC in Missouri will be win or lose at the end of this year's legislative session May 18th.

There is a good chance of a small (very small victory) which is a lot of not much and a slim chance of anything even close to substantial, but it can happen....

The seeds have been planted, water and fertilizer applied, nothing more on this till it happens or not.....

Good luck group.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

MSSA is anti OC. They are a NRA affiliate. Good luck in your power search.
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Today I was elected to the BOD of the MSSA. I have to turn my attention else ware.

Although I hope for the best for OC rights and I and others have worked very hard, it's doubtful at best.

There is power in numbers and the numbers are not here.

I'll no longer be active on this site, although I'll look from time to time, most likely will not post.

On the subject of OC rights.

I've played all my cards, and used the wild cards as well, the future of OC in Missouri will be win or lose at the end of this year's legislative session May 18th.

There is a good chance of a small (very small victory) which is a lot of not much and a slim chance of anything even close to substantial, but it can happen....

The seeds have been planted, water and fertilizer applied, nothing more on this till it happens or not.....

Good luck group.
    What happned to the satement that you made to the effect that you would tell all in a post just as soon as the session ended which I understand is May 18?

Good luck on your quest for power on the BOD of MSSA as they are the NRA affliate and therefore are anti OC as that seems to be the policy of the NRA.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    What happned to the satement that you made to the effect that you would tell all in a post just as soon as the session ended which I understand is May 18?

Good luck on your quest for power on the BOD of MSSA as they are the NRA affliate and therefore are anti OC as that seems to be the policy of the NRA.
    That would be my job at the end of session, not gunners. There may have been some confusion in the postings over the past couple of months in the way things were said, but I have been keeping some what of a diary of events, responses and actions by all parties involved and will be putting it into the public eye at the end of session. it might be a couple of weeks after since I am now traveling a lot for the company so I have less spare time, but even if it is not tweaked and perfect it will be out there for everyone to criticize as they see fit.

The BOD of the MSSA is made up of several persons, some are anti-oc, some are just not pro-oc, and actually a couple are pro-oc. Collectively as a group I would offer that they are not pro-oc, feel the push for oc creates more problems than it resolves and therefore as a group they remain neutral on it. Since that is indeed the case, would it not be the best choice to try and change it from the inside out vs the banging of our heads as we have been for years?
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Congrats on the new role. I know you are passionate about protecting all 2A rights. Keep up the good fight.

I, for one, am very confused....here he is bashing people for bad press, but he still released this diatribe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaENOVbbils

Bad press....maybe not....but certainly bad taste....

Good luck in your venture, but I am beginning to wonder what other "backdoor" deals were going on!!

Where is DOC when you need him?

DOC for PRES!!!
    Last edited by zekester; 04-29-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

I'm with ya Marc, and congrats on the position. I'm hoping you can make a difference and I will be over there doing anything I can to help .

I too am done over here. I'll still be in contact with some of you through emails as usual. I will be limiting my time I put in for "the cause" and will put those efforts where I think they will be better directed .

Good luck to everyone in your endeavors .
    Last edited by Festus_Hagen; 04-29-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zekester View Post
    I, for one, am very confused....here he is bashing people for bad press, but he still released this diatribe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaENOVbbils

Bad press....maybe not....but certainly bad taste....

Good luck in your venture, but I am beginning to wonder what other "backdoor" deals were going on!!

Where is DOC when you need him?

DOC for PRES!!!
    Don't drag me into this. I am just a high profile gun rights activist. All I have accomplished is get the word to the public that our rights are being lost and exist in a limbo right now. Many have taken up the fight for and against what we here represent. I consider Mspgunner a friend to the firearm freedoms and a friend of mine.

Doc

Last edited by sohighlyunlikely; 05-04-2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: typo

Based on some of the responses, I can see why interest in this site might might dwindle. The bickering makes it hard for me to have much hope for OC in Missouri. This will not prevent me from participating, it will be just that much more of an effort to get the work done to ensure that ALL gun rights are protected and preserved. And when OC advocates respond with such negativity to someone who supports OC, just not as passionately as they do, it only makes OC supporters looks crazier, angrier and more to be feared.

Gunner, best of luck to you. Don't let the politics ruin you as you progress through the hierarchy of MSSA. Stay true to the Constitution above all and you cannot go wrong.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

Posting on a OC site could have some impact on future aspirations. Sometimes you have to be on the inside to affect change.

Good luck.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare