Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Interesting OCer

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001

    Interesting OCer

    While at work yesterday (Saturday), I saw an OCer who was riding a Segway... Never saw someone do that!

    Would it be anyone here?
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Don't you know Paul Blart?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    694
    The only person I have ever seen riding a Segway was an on duty Port Angeles police officer.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Hmm so do you need a CPL to carry loaded on one of those??
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  5. #5
    Regular Member MyWifeSaidYes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Logan, OH
    Posts
    1,028
    It might have been one of these guys:

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13908_3-9984127-59.html

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	segway.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	8393
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

    Recoil.

  6. #6
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    I've seen a mail carrier in Seattle use a Segway. I don't think they're allowed to carry on the job though. Don't want them "going postal".
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  7. #7
    Regular Member PatriotNvestor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pierce County, WA
    Posts
    11

    Question Segways...

    strictly speaking a Segway is a vehicle, which means that you need your CPL in WA even if you are going OC... anybody in WA have any similar experiences on a bike to share??

    see part 2(a)
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050

  8. #8
    Regular Member Vitaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    593
    Not sure a Segway would be defined as a vehicle, I doubt you need a Driver's License to use it and it is certainly not an enclosed cab.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Cremator75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    393

    Re: Interesting OCer

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Don't you know Paul Blart?
    He didn't have a firearm did he?

  10. #10
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaeus View Post
    Not sure a Segway would be defined as a vehicle, I doubt you need a Driver's License to use it and it is certainly not an enclosed cab.
    Your argument is invalid, seeing as how a bicycle is a vehicle too. No DRIVER's LICENSE needed for that either.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  11. #11
    Regular Member Vitaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Your argument is invalid, seeing as how a bicycle is a vehicle too. No DRIVER's LICENSE needed for that either.
    Umm, I was not clear I suppose that I should have added:

    ...therefore no CPL required, but maybe you had a different point to make?

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    I had this in my legal stuff.

    RCW 46.04.670
    Vehicle.


    "Vehicle" includes every device capable of being moved upon a public highway and in, upon, or by which any persons or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a public highway, including bicycles. The term does not include power wheelchairs or devices other than bicycles moved by human or animal power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks. Mopeds shall not be considered vehicles or motor vehicles for the purposes of chapter 46.70 RCW. Bicycles shall not be considered vehicles for the purposes of chapter 46.12, 46.16, or 46.70 RCW. Electric personal assistive mobility devices are not considered vehicles or motor vehicles for the purposes of chapter 46.12, 46.16, 46.29, 46.37, or 46.70 RCW.

    [so again, the Segway is specifically not a vehicle, neither is a moped, nor a powerchair, nor a bicycle at least for certain sections]
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryM View Post
    Almost ran slap over an idiot on a Segway with my 18-wheeler when he blew a don't walk sign. Good thing I was empty and able to stop short or that Segway would've been mine! One of those rare times I'm glad I wasn't carrying! LOL
    Clarify, please. I wouldn't want to jump to the wrong conclusion here.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaeus View Post
    Umm, I was not clear I suppose that I should have added:

    ...therefore no CPL required, but maybe you had a different point to make?
    I was challenging your link to a defined vehicle and a DRIVER LICENSE.

    I was pointing out that even if it was defined as a vehicle that no CPL would be required.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  15. #15
    Regular Member Grim_Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington
    Posts
    792
    wow... what's with the necrobumps?
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

    There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    wow... what's with the necrobumps?
    Off topic, where/how have you been?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •