Thread: Its Derby Week

Central Kentucky, USA

Its Derby Week

Yesterday, was the beginning of Derby Week. I desided to celebrate by attending the Cherokee Triangle Art Festival in Louisville. The Cherokee Triangle Art Festival is a street fair where artists and craftman of all types display their wares in small portable booths or tents. It is held every year just off Bardstown Rd., near Cherokee Park, in Louisville. All the streets in this neighborhood are closed for this fair. This is the largest art and craft festival in Louisville except for the St. James Court Art Festival held in the fall. This is yuppydom at its finest. Naturally, I was OC. I expected some gasps, comments, perhaps a few fainting women, and police contact. There was no reaction at all. I was walking around for about three hours and not one word was said about my gun. I don't know how it could have been missed, It was a huge Taurus Model 608, 8 shot, stainless, 357 Magnum. I mingled with the crowd, Exchanged smalltalk with lot of people, sat and ate at the food tent, relaxed sitting in the sun by the fountain, talked and bargained with vendors and bought a few things and returned home without any incidents at all. It always amazes me that nothing happens in places where you would expect it to happen and does happen when and where you least expect it.
    Last edited by gutshot; 04-29-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Samuel Adams

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Maybe if you expected nothing to happen, then you would have more about which to write home.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.