Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WJRT TV channel 12 Open Carry Coverage

WJRT TV channel 12 Open Carry Coverage

Just saw a preview for a special on WJRT TV channel 12 Open Carry Coverage scheduled for Monday at 6:00pm.

I have no idea who is involved or how it will be portrayed.

Flint and Saginaw areas.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 04-29-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

My wife and I were involved in the interview. I think it will be pretty favorable.

Lori D did the interview. She didn't seem hostile at all.
    Last edited by TheQ; 04-29-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    My wife and I were involved in the interview. I think it will be pretty favorable.

Great news Q :-). Please post a link if available to those of us outside the viewing area.

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Bill Proctor at WXYZ was not hostile during an interview with me either and while the 6 PM News Report was favorable the 11 PM News Report was definitely NOT favorable. Things change once the "Editors" get ahold of it.

I will believe it is positive coverage when I see it.
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Just watched the coverage and I must say ... that was the best I've ever seen. No agenda .. just an overview (an extremely simplified overview) of open carry being legal.

Good job Phil and Ann!!!!

And to Mr. McCallister.... thank you for your service Sir!

Story here:

http://www.abc12.com/story/17934935/op

And the story even contains a link to MSP legal update #86

Well done WJRT.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 04-30-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

*GASP!!! WAS THAT A -PLAYGROUND- HE WAS OCING IN!?!?! OMG WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!?!?!?

A pretty fair piece if I do say so. Nice work Q and Qwife.
    Last edited by HKcarrier; 04-30-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

The very idea of it conjures up images of the wild west complete with handguns holstered at the hip.

It is blatant, but legal for law abiding citizens.
    Only part of the article that could even be possibly considered "bad"...
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Nice interview.

Good job Q and Mrs. Q.

Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    *GASP!!! WAS THAT A -PLAYGROUND- HE WAS OCING IN!?!?! OMG WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!?!?!? .
    If you notice there was no one on the playground...they probably all ran off when they saw their guns! I'm surprised the news woman didnt faint, shes a machine to be that close to someone with a gun
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

It was a city park
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Just watched the video. The editors were fair to us. I'll be happy to give ABC12 another interview anytime they want.
    Last edited by TheQ; 04-30-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Open Carry in the News

What a refreshing view on open carry from the news !!! I was so shocked that they even included the MSP update 86 this was a very fairly unbiased interview .

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    Bill Proctor at WXYZ was not hostile during an interview with me either and while the 6 PM News Report was favorable the 11 PM News Report was definitely NOT favorable. Things change once the "Editors" get ahold of it.

I will believe it is positive coverage when I see it.
    Have long held that any coverage is positive for our cause. Such press will make them think and the audience is not drinking the out-dated Kool-aid anymore.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I find it very interesting that a couple of hours has passed since channel 12's open carry story... and there are only two comments... neither of them anti gun.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......

Great job Q and the mrs. did. I think women should be more visible in this. Aside from the "blatant" comment and the trooper seemed reluctant to say it was legal on T.V. the piece came accross pretty fair with no emotional buzzwords to try to rouse the anti crowd.

Good Job Q,and Mrs. Q

I invited my wife to be a part of the interview just so we could get the woman perspective on things and not appear to be a bunch of crazy men.

I invited my wife to be a part of the interview just so we could get the woman perspective on things and not appear to be a bunch of crazy men.
    It didn't work.

jk

I thought your wife did a great job representing OC in Michigan... ok, you did too.

+1
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

from the comments section-

"We got really close with Senate Bill 59, but then the Sheriffs came out against the bill (which would allow for concealed carry in pistol free zones and would get rid of gun boards). "

does that mean sb59 is dead?
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

In its current form it isn't looking good for the bill. The bill's sponsor is currently regrouping and taking other strategic approaches.

In its current form it isn't looking good for the bill. The bill's sponsor is currently regrouping and taking other strategic approaches.
    that's unfortunate. i really hope they can get something passed before the next election.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

BTW -- that comment was from my wife.

BTW -- that comment was from my wife.
    I think she should post for you more often.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Great Job, one of the most positive news stories related to guns I might have ever seen in all my 22 years

Why not have the SOS do it? or at least have them deal with the issuance of the license. I mean that what they do after all is issue "stuff" and since they already have the equipment for the new style license there would be any additional cost. Have the sheriff do the back ground check, then fire that over to Secretary of State to issue it, same timeline threshold for approve/not-approved. Also we had to expect the Sheriffs to be less than excited about any perceived extra work.

Or leave the back ground checks to the MSP and FBI, they do it already.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast