• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WJRT TV channel 12 Open Carry Coverage

Adams182

Great Job, one of the most positive news stories related to guns I might have ever seen in all my 22 years :banana:

NHCGRPR45

In its current form it isn't looking good for the bill. The bill's sponsor is currently regrouping and taking other strategic approaches.

Why not have the SOS do it? or at least have them deal with the issuance of the license. I mean that what they do after all is issue "stuff" and since they already have the equipment for the new style license there would be any additional cost. Have the sheriff do the back ground check, then fire that over to Secretary of State to issue it, same timeline threshold for approve/not-approved. Also we had to expect the Sheriffs to be less than excited about any perceived extra work.

Or leave the back ground checks to the MSP and FBI, they do it already.

TheQ

SoS doesn't want it. And since the current secretary of state is republican that means that idea is dead.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Outstanding job!

and I'm sitting in Florida, worrying about 'printing'.....crazy

Used to feel weird OCing; now it feels weird CCing!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Didn't Florida just pass a law that decriminalized printing?

Sort of:

F.S. 790.053 was amended by SB234, and now allows a CWP holder to “briefly and openly” display their firearm if not done in “an angry or threatening manner” unless in necessary self defense. This should put to rest the concerns about inadvertent “printing”, and brief , but careful display of a concealed firearm. The rest of the “open carry” law was voted down.
http://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/Florida-Firearms-Law-Free-Book-Updates.html

Small_Arms_Collector

In its current form it isn't looking good for the bill. The bill's sponsor is currently regrouping and taking other strategic approaches.

What "other strategic approaches"? Do you have the EMail, and phone number for the bills sponsor?

What are the issues holding it up now?

I didn't think we had that many antis left in the legislature.