• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WJRT TV channel 12 Open Carry Coverage

B

Bikenut

Just saw a preview for a special on WJRT TV channel 12 Open Carry Coverage scheduled for Monday at 6:00pm.

I have no idea who is involved or how it will be portrayed.

Flint and Saginaw areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheQ

My wife and I were involved in the interview. I think it will be pretty favorable.

Lori D did the interview. She didn't seem hostile at all.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

My wife and I were involved in the interview. I think it will be pretty favorable.

Lori D did the interview. She didn't seem hostile at all.

Bill Proctor at WXYZ was not hostile during an interview with me either and while the 6 PM News Report was favorable the 11 PM News Report was definitely NOT favorable. Things change once the "Editors" get ahold of it.

I will believe it is positive coverage when I see it.

B

Bikenut

Just watched the coverage and I must say ... that was the best I've ever seen. No agenda .. just an overview (an extremely simplified overview) of open carry being legal.

Good job Phil and Ann!!!!

And to Mr. McCallister.... thank you for your service Sir!

Story here:

http://www.abc12.com/story/17934935/op

And the story even contains a link to MSP legal update #86

Well done WJRT.

Last edited by a moderator:

HKcarrier

*GASP!!! :shocker: WAS THAT A -PLAYGROUND- HE WAS OCING IN!?!?! OMG WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!?!?!? :lol:

A pretty fair piece if I do say so. Nice work Q and Qwife.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

The very idea of it conjures up images of the wild west complete with handguns holstered at the hip.

It is blatant, but legal for law abiding citizens.

Only part of the article that could even be possibly considered "bad"...

Yance

*GASP!!! :shocker: WAS THAT A -PLAYGROUND- HE WAS OCING IN!?!?! OMG WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!?!?!? :lol:.

If you notice there was no one on the playground...they probably all ran off when they saw their guns! I'm surprised the news woman didnt faint, shes a machine to be that close to someone with a gun

TheQ

Just watched the video. The editors were fair to us. I'll be happy to give ABC12 another interview anytime they want.

Last edited:

michaelm_ski

Open Carry in the News

What a refreshing view on open carry from the news !!! I was so shocked that they even included the MSP update 86 this was a very fairly unbiased interview .

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Bill Proctor at WXYZ was not hostile during an interview with me either and while the 6 PM News Report was favorable the 11 PM News Report was definitely NOT favorable. Things change once the "Editors" get ahold of it.

I will believe it is positive coverage when I see it.

Have long held that any coverage is positive for our cause. Such press will make them think and the audience is not drinking the out-dated Kool-aid anymore.

B

Bikenut

I find it very interesting that a couple of hours has passed since channel 12's open carry story... and there are only two comments... neither of them anti gun.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......

Ken56

Great job Q and the mrs. did. I think women should be more visible in this. Aside from the "blatant" comment and the trooper seemed reluctant to say it was legal on T.V. the piece came accross pretty fair with no emotional buzzwords to try to rouse the anti crowd.

TheQ

I invited my wife to be a part of the interview just so we could get the woman perspective on things and not appear to be a bunch of crazy men.

detroit_fan

from the comments section-

"We got really close with Senate Bill 59, but then the Sheriffs came out against the bill (which would allow for concealed carry in pistol free zones and would get rid of gun boards). "

does that mean sb59 is dead?

TheQ

In its current form it isn't looking good for the bill. The bill's sponsor is currently regrouping and taking other strategic approaches.