• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waffle house Georgetown Kentucky

Johnburns15

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I was asked to leave my firearm in my vehicle because "it's posted so its against the law" haha what a joke. Yes I understand it's not against the law and explained this to the manager and after I went to leave she decided to give me my food for free. But she still said they do not allow weapons.

neuroblades

The Mystical WH Story! *LOL*

This Waffle House thing has me kind of puzzled in a slight sense. ABout a year or so ago, I remember reading an article, I think it was on USA Carry, about some guys that were legally carryin gin a WH somewhere in Georgia. They were OCing and some suspicious guy came in and looked around the place and then walked out. The guys, as well as the waitress on the counter, noticed this odd guy and the waitress called LE. That lead to the guy and his cohorts being arrested for the attempted robbery of the WH. When asked one of the guys admotted they were thinking of hitting hte WH but when asked why they hadn't, they told police that when one of them went in, he noticed the guys carrying and so they had decided to just waut till they had left. The police found all kinds of robbery tools in the trunk of the vehicle.

http://www.examiner.com/article/open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-kennesaw

Personally, in all my years traveling between KY and FL, I've never had any problems with the WH's I've eaten at and one year we made a point to hit almost everyone along I-75! *LOL*

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
In Spartanburg, SC, a guy violated their no carry policy and saved lives because he did so. Two men came in and began waving guns at employees and customers. The ccw holder drew his gun and killed one of the felons when the robber pointed his firearm at him. His accomplice was taken into custody and charged with the crime.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/22/man-charged-with-botched-sc-waffle-house-robbery/

Edit: BTW, this happened in the same county that Chuck Wright is the sheriff of. If you don't know who he is, he is the man that encouraged citizens to arm themselves. He made that comment not a month or two before the above incident occurred, in HIS own county! Imagine that, I guess people really are safer while lawfully armed, as is everyone around them.

Last edited:

kygunowner

open carry

I just wondering if you can carry a weapon on your hip not concealed but open carry in ur vehicle while driving to a store?

Last edited: