Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OC dinner/city council meeting in Birmingham on June 11th?

OC dinner/city council meeting in Birmingham on June 11th?

Anyone interested in an OC dinner followed by a stroll to the city council meeting June 11th in Birmingham?

This is to protest the illegal arrest, and imprisonment of the guy with the M1.

I'm thinking dinner at a nearby restaurant (maybe just McDonalds or something to avoid any liquer license issues for the no CPL people), then we walk to the council chamber, and be there when the meeting starts at 7:30, no warning, and comment in both public comment periods. Standard council meeting stuff, just with dinner, and a walk thrown in.

Obviously the issue involves LGOC, but forum rules still apply so while bringing one with you, or not, is up to you, best to keep the discussion of such to PM's.
    Last edited by Small_Arms_Collector; 04-30-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Banned

Good post

I will try to make it. I have a couple people who also might come. Something should be said about this.

Someone bring a video camera, at least for the meeting.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    I will do my very best to be there. This is a good idea. To drive the point home we should organize a large OC stroll the same weekend in the spot the young man was arrested to keep the fire under the city leaders feet. I'll even spring for dinner at a local eatery of the fastfood kind . Those weekend strolls can make one hungry

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 04-30-2012 at 02:53 PM.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    I will do my very best to be there. This is a good idea. To drive the point home we should organize a large OC stroll the same weekend in the spot the young man was arrested to keep the fire under the city leaders feet. I'll even spring for dinner at a local eatery of the fastfood kind . Those weekend strolls can make one hungry

Sounds good to me. Both parts.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I will try to make it. I have a couple people who also might come. Something should be said about this.

Someone bring a video camera, at least for the meeting.
    Will do, I usually carry one for stuff like this.
    Last edited by Small_Arms_Collector; 04-30-2012 at 03:42 PM.

This might be worth taking a day off of work for, keep us posted. I'm game for some McD's, if this gets official post up and address of where were meeting.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Banned
    SAC do you have the link to that meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    SAC do you have the link to that meeting?
    Yes:

http://www.ci.birmingham.mi.us/index...6741&page=1329

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    why not the may 7 meeting?
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    To give enough time to get the word out, and give everyone enough time to clear their schedules, or get a day off from work. I'd like to do May 7th, but half the people wouldn't hear about it in time, and a lot of the rest will have schedule conflicts, or not be able to get time off with such short notice.

Banned
    Right. I was one of those who couldn't get out there until June.

Banned
    ttt

Hey SLM,

You going to be there on the 11th of June? Just curious

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Banned
    Pretty sure Im coming.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Hey SLM,

You going to be there on the 11th of June? Just curious

do my best
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

do my best

Cool

Banned
    bump

I might come to this; we need to show support from all over Michigan.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

If I am not working I believe me and my sidearm and my (non-mentionable) may attend.

City Commission Meeting
    Date: 6/11/2012 7:30 PM
    151 Martin
    Birmingham, Michigan 48009

Correct?

What nearby location would be good for dinner then a nice leisurely stroll to the meeting?
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

Banned
    I was about to ask the same question. Is there someone familiar to the area that could lend their opinion of a place to meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hevymetal View Post
    If I am not working I believe me and my sidearm and my (non-mentionable) may attend.

City Commission Meeting
    Date: 6/11/2012 7:30 PM
    151 Martin
    Birmingham, Michigan 48009

Correct?

What nearby location would be good for dinner then a nice leisurely stroll to the meeting?
    Well google maps did not show much close by. However there is a public park a block away. I could have pizza & pop delivered to us & we could have a on the fly OC picnic

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!

Banned
    Mmmmmmmm pizzaaaaaaaaaa

Well google maps did not show much close by. However there is a public park a block away. I could have pizza & pop delivered to us & we could have a on the fly OC picnic

Boy your not kidding, I just looked, and the closest McDonalds is at 2829 W 14 Mile, a full 2.7 miles away.
    The closest Wendys is at 29069 Greenfield 3.02 miles away
    The closest Burger King is at 30711 Southfield Road 2.2 miles away
    The closest Taco Bell is at 31305 Southfield Road 3.1 miles away
    The closest Arbys is at 29515 Southfield Road 2.78 miles away
    The closest Hardees is at 23240 John R about 8 miles away
    The closest White Castle is at 3135 West 13 Mile 3 miles away
    The closest Kentucky Fried Chicken is at 33900 Woodward Avenue 0.74 miles away, that would be the best bet in terms of fast food, but it's still a bit of a hike, and I'm not sure if it has a dining room, or not.

There may be closer actual restaurants, but the non CPL people might run in to liqueur license issues.

Oh well I could go for pizza in the park.

Pizza & pop it is then.

http://troy.patch.com/articles/sean-...omment_3337169

It appears the police/prosecutor are just trying to drag this out as long as possible in a attempt to cost Sean Combs as much as possible in legal fees.I hope he goes after them in federal court for trampling his civil rights.

Banned
    I would like to take this opportunity to personally stop and take a moment to graciously thank all those involved in prosecuting this young man for their efforts. You have helped us and our cause in depths that I simply cannot put into words. You have gotten us media coverage and court time that money cannot buy, you have made yourself look like a bunch of obstinate, incompetent asshats. You have helped us in our primary goal, to educate the general public. You have done this to a young man at exactly the right time in his life, invincible, unstoppable, strong and determined, yet still impressionable. You have created an ally for us, a dedicated, now educated, lifetime activist, who will no doubt join us likely rise to a role of leadership for people fighting against people like yourselves and your sickening little antics against our nations people and our freedoms.

I sincerely thank you for your continuous and utter foolishness, keep up the good work.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 05-16-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast