• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC dinner/city council meeting in Birmingham on June 11th?

Small_Arms_Collector

Well google maps did not show much close by. However there is a public park a block away. I could have pizza & pop delivered to us & we could have a on the fly OC picnic :cool:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Boy your not kidding, I just looked, and the closest McDonalds is at 2829 W 14 Mile, a full 2.7 miles away.
The closest Wendys is at 29069 Greenfield 3.02 miles away
The closest Burger King is at 30711 Southfield Road 2.2 miles away
The closest Taco Bell is at 31305 Southfield Road 3.1 miles away
The closest Arbys is at 29515 Southfield Road 2.78 miles away
The closest Hardees is at 23240 John R about 8 miles away
The closest White Castle is at 3135 West 13 Mile 3 miles away
The closest Kentucky Fried Chicken is at 33900 Woodward Avenue 0.74 miles away, that would be the best bet in terms of fast food, but it's still a bit of a hike, and I'm not sure if it has a dining room, or not.

There may be closer actual restaurants, but the non CPL people might run in to liqueur license issues.

Oh well I could go for pizza in the park.:D

stainless1911

Banned
I would like to take this opportunity to personally stop and take a moment to graciously thank all those involved in prosecuting this young man for their efforts. You have helped us and our cause in depths that I simply cannot put into words. You have gotten us media coverage and court time that money cannot buy, you have made yourself look like a bunch of obstinate, incompetent asshats. You have helped us in our primary goal, to educate the general public. You have done this to a young man at exactly the right time in his life, invincible, unstoppable, strong and determined, yet still impressionable. You have created an ally for us, a dedicated, now educated, lifetime activist, who will no doubt join us likely rise to a role of leadership for people fighting against people like yourselves and your sickening little antics against our nations people and our freedoms.

I sincerely thank you for your continuous and utter foolishness, keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Hevymetal

Has anyone contacted his attorney to give him the heads up for the "Support march" planned? If so what was his response?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Has anyone contacted his attorney to give him the heads up for the "Support march" planned? If so what was his response?

James J. Makowski - P62115
6528 Schaefer Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
313/584-1404
313/584-1485 fax
jmakowski@makowskilegal.com

OP has his info & I assume has attempted contact. Feel free to follow up. The last thing we want is to cause Sean more issues. However at some point this city - Birmingham needs to understand that this kind of abuse will not be tolerated by law abiding citizens. So far their actions here speak volumes about their disregard for this persons 1A, 2A, 4A, 5A rights.

Hevymetal

James J. Makowski - P62115
6528 Schaefer Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
313/584-1404
313/584-1485 fax
jmakowski@makowskilegal.com

OP has his info & I assume has attempted contact. Feel free to follow up. The last thing we want is to cause Sean more issues. However at some point this city - Birmingham needs to understand that this kind of abuse will not be tolerated by law abiding citizens. So far their actions here speak volumes about their disregard for this persons 1A, 2A, 4A, 5A rights.

Had a very pleasant conversation with him this morning, informed him of our intentions to have a support march all the way to the council meeting sidearms and (not mentionable here)s. He has no problems with it infact he said he will attempt to attend as well.

As a heads up to all who may want to attend at least one if not several reporters are expected to attend to provide media coverage, so please act, dress and respond to any questions in a concise, courteous and professional manor we are after all representing not only ourselves but the OC movement as a whole.

Expect to get alot of flack and resistance from the Birmingham PD in reguards to entering the meeting especially those who choose to bring (not mentionable here). So be prepared, dot your I's and cross your T's and be especially vigilant for those without a CPL in transporting.

I would humbly encourage getting as many members, friends and family as possible to attend. After all there is strength in numbers and we need to make a VERY public statement that the actions displayed by the PD were not only wrong but ILLEGAL. They may be able to railroad 6 people but if 25+ show up OCing their weapon(s) of choice they will be able to do little to nothing.

Make sure recorders and video cameras are charged and ready to go to document any ILLEGAL action the PD may attempt on an individual or our group as a whole.

Hevy

Small_Arms_Collector

Had a very pleasant conversation with him this morning, informed him of our intentions to have a support march all the way to the council meeting sidearms and (not mentionable here)s. He has no problems with it infact he said he will attempt to attend as well.

As a heads up to all who may want to attend at least one if not several reporters are expected to attend to provide media coverage, so please act, dress and respond to any questions in a concise, courteous and professional manor we are after all representing not only ourselves but the OC movement as a whole.

Expect to get alot of flack and resistance from the Birmingham PD in reguards to entering the meeting especially those who choose to bring (not mentionable here). So be prepared, dot your I's and cross your T's and be especially vigilant for those without a CPL in transporting.

I would humbly encourage getting as many members, friends and family as possible to attend. After all there is strength in numbers and we need to make a VERY public statement that the actions displayed by the PD were not only wrong but ILLEGAL. They may be able to railroad 6 people but if 25+ show up OCing their weapon(s) of choice they will be able to do little to nothing.

Make sure recorders and video cameras are charged and ready to go to document any ILLEGAL action the PD may attempt on an individual or our group as a whole.

Hevy

I'm glad you got an opportunity to speak with him, I was having issues making contact.

So just to reiterate what you said, just be polite, professional, and courteous, if the Birmingham police, or the city council want to raise a stink, and violate the law again they will be doing it in front of the cameras. We must remain as polite, professional, and courteous as always even in the face of it, and it goes without saying that they will be the ones violating the law (again).

I will be bringing my camera, and hopefully the media will bring theirs to. (And you bring yours as well.:D)

Numbers are indeed important, there is strength in numbers, and the more of us there are, the stronger we will be, so get the word out to family, and friends, and if your on Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc. send the word out there as well. We need as many people as possible there to tell Birmingham, and anyone else for that matter that lawlessness masquerading under the color of law will not be tolerated.

"Evil can only flourish as long as good men do nothing."
-Sir Edmund Burke

Small_Arms_Collector

What is the address of the place we will be meeting? What time?

How about Shain Park (Right around the corner from the council meeting, check Google maps) about 4:00-4:30 to about 7:15 June 11th? That way we will have enough time for a lunch/meet and greet, and to be seen, then walk to the council meeting in time for it's start at 7:30.

Last edited:

Hevymetal

How about Shain Park (Right around the corner from the council meeting, check Google maps) about 4:00-4:30 to about 7:15 June 11th? That way we will have enough time for a lunch/meet and greet, and to be seen, then walk to the council meeting in time for it's start at 7:30.

sounds good to me. someone post an address please.

As a side note i discussed the matter with my 80 year old mother and she has offered to accompany me (provided her health is ok) and a few others along with her home protection firearm (rhymes with dirty todd mix) which she offered to carry as well. God my mom is awesome. Her offer floored me but the more the merrier. She is livid at the PD actions. In her word "A strong tounge lashing my have been OK but to arrest him on bogus charges was BS"

As another side note would anyone PLEASE post a thread over at MGO and Michigan OC (provided the admins don't object) explaining our position to support Mr Combs and bring to light the transgressions of the Birmingham PD. Hopefully we can get additional support from members who don't frequent these forums. If we can get members from over there to attend it will bolster the number of members attending and this will go much farther for our cause.

Hevy

Small_Arms_Collector

sounds good to me. someone post an address please.

As a side note i discussed the matter with my 80 year old mother and she has offered to accompany me (provided her health is ok) and a few others along with her home protection firearm (rhymes with dirty todd mix) which she offered to carry as well. God my mom is awesome. Her offer floored me but the more the merrier. She is livid at the PD actions. In her word "A strong tounge lashing my have been OK but to arrest him on bogus charges was BS"

As another side note would anyone PLEASE post a thread over at MGO and Michigan OC (provided the admins don't object) explaining our position to support Mr Combs and bring to light the transgressions of the Birmingham PD. Hopefully we can get additional support from members who don't frequent these forums. If we can get members from over there to attend it will bolster the number of members attending and this will go much farther for our cause.

Hevy

The address of the council meeting is 151 Martin, Birmingham, Michigan 48009. If you look it up on Google Maps you will see Shain Park right around the corner.

I have just posted a thread on AR15.com in the Michigan Hometown section, and on MOC in general.

Last edited:

Hevymetal

Well a very unexpected thing happened today, I received a phone call from a reporter from the Birmingham Eccentric newspaper. I believe Mr. Makowski had given them my phone number after our conversation the other day. They wanted comment on the planned rally we have in the works. I informed them I am NOT in any governing position here or at MOC or a spokesperson for either just a member and an average law abiding citizen concerned about keeping and exercising our rights.

When asked why I was partaking, I replied I am concerned about the abuse of PD power and the obvious violations of Mr. Combs civil rights. The actions of the Birmingham PD amounted to a bunch of jack booted thugs reminiscent of the tactics of the Gestapo in Nazi Germany. I further went on to say I am a firm believer in the constitutional right to bear arms and fully intend to demonstrate that fact.

He asked what our plans were and I informed him we were going to have a picnic then march down to the city council meeting to voice our disapproval in the way the situation was handled and because of their actions they have now opened themselves up to civil and federal liability and potential lawsuits for civil rights violations. He inquired if I was going to be armed, I chuckled a little then replied "Of course, with multiple firearms".

He asked how many would be attending? I replied I'm not sure but we hope to have over a dozen if not more including my 80 year old mother. To that he replied she carries? My response was, she will probably be the old woman carrying a (not mentionable here), he just laughed :)

I hope I did not overstep my bounds by making comment on this matter but I was floored that I received the call in the first place and not knowing who the "Official" spokesperson was I figured any positive press on the matter would be a good thing. If members wish me from refraining to talking to the press I will gladly oblige, or if someone could provide me with the contact info for the "Official" spokesperson I will forward it to the reporter. He said he would call me next week for further comment on the matter but it was close to press time and he just wanted to get something in the paper for this weekends article. (I pray that my quotes are accurate and not taken out of context)

I am not the most articulate spokesperson in the world but would be happy to take point and relay any and all comments/positions/issues presented here on the matter if no one else wants to and there are no objections.

Hevy

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Well a very unexpected thing happened today, I received a phone call from a reporter from the Birmingham Eccentric newspaper. I believe Mr. Makowski had given them my phone number after our conversation the other day. They wanted comment on the planned rally we have in the works. I informed them I am NOT in any governing position here or at MOC or a spokesperson for either just a member and an average law abiding citizen concerned about keeping and exercising our rights.

When asked why I was partaking, I replied I am concerned about the abuse of PD power and the obvious violations of Mr. Combs civil rights. The actions of the Birmingham PD amounted to a bunch of jack booted thugs reminiscent of the tactics of the Gestapo in Nazi Germany. I further went on to say I am a firm believer in the constitutional right to bear arms and fully intend to demonstrate that fact.

He asked what our plans were and I informed him we were going to have a picnic then march down to the city council meeting to voice our disapproval in the way the situation was handled and because of their actions they have now opened themselves up to civil and federal liability and potential lawsuits for civil rights violations. He inquired if I was going to be armed, I chuckled a little then replied "Of course, with multiple firearms".

He asked how many would be attending? I replied I'm not sure but we hope to have over a dozen if not more including my 80 year old mother. To that he replied she carries? My response was, she will probably be the old woman carrying a (not mentionable here), he just laughed :)

I hope I did not overstep my bounds by making comment on this matter but I was floored that I received the call in the first place and not knowing who the "Official" spokesperson was I figured any positive press on the matter would be a good thing. If members wish me from refraining to talking to the press I will gladly oblige, or if someone could provide me with the contact info for the "Official" spokesperson I will forward it to the reporter. He said he would call me next week for further comment on the matter but it was close to press time and he just wanted to get something in the paper for this weekends article. (I pray that my quotes are accurate and not taken out of context)

I am not the most articulate spokesperson in the world but would be happy to take point and relay any and all comments/positions/issues presented here on the matter if no one else wants to and there are no objections.

Hevy

Not at all good job. Since unmentionable items will be in use MOC cannot be officially involved any way so this is a "just a bunch like minded citizens gathering" event. Now I will say expect skulduggery on their part. I suggest we make covert plans via PM/ homing pigeons (kidding) as to where exactly to meet prior to forming up in the park. No reason to make it too easy on their PD to interfere with our peaceful protest. :D

Does anyone have Mr. Combs contact info.? It would be really nice to see him, his friends and family if possible at this event. ;)

Last edited:

Hevymetal

Not at all good job. Since unmentionable items will be in use MOC cannot be officially involved any way so this is a "just a bunch like minded citizens gathering" event. Now I will say expect skulduggery on their part. I suggest we make covert plans via PM/ homing pigeons (kidding) as to where exactly to meet prior to forming up in the park. No reason to make it too easy on their PD to interfere with our peaceful protest. :D

Does anyone have Mr. Combs contact info.? It would be really nice to see him, his friends and family if possible at this event. ;)

I would direct any questions, comments or concerns ti his attorney and I'm sure he would be happy to relay them. There may be potential legal ramifications and his lawyer is best kept first in the loop. (and I may be wrong but better to error on the safe side)