• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC dinner/city council meeting in Birmingham on June 11th?

Small_Arms_Collector

Anyone interested in an OC dinner followed by a stroll to the city council meeting June 11th in Birmingham?

This is to protest the illegal arrest, and imprisonment of the guy with the M1.

I'm thinking dinner at a nearby restaurant (maybe just McDonalds or something to avoid any liquer license issues for the no CPL people), then we walk to the council chamber, and be there when the meeting starts at 7:30, no warning, and comment in both public comment periods. Standard council meeting stuff, just with dinner, and a walk thrown in.

Obviously the issue involves LGOC, but forum rules still apply so while bringing one with you, or not, is up to you, best to keep the discussion of such to PM's.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I will do my very best to be there. This is a good idea. To drive the point home we should organize a large OC stroll the same weekend in the spot the young man was arrested to keep the fire under the city leaders feet. I'll even spring for dinner at a local eatery of the fastfood kind :D. Those weekend strolls can make one hungry :p

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Small_Arms_Collector

I will do my very best to be there. This is a good idea. To drive the point home we should organize a large OC stroll the same weekend in the spot the young man was arrested to keep the fire under the city leaders feet. I'll even spring for dinner at a local eatery of the fastfood kind :D. Those weekend strolls can make one hungry :p

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2

Sounds good to me. Both parts.:D

I will try to make it. I have a couple people who also might come. Something should be said about this.

Someone bring a video camera, at least for the meeting.

Will do, I usually carry one for stuff like this.

Last edited:

Yance

This might be worth taking a day off of work for, keep us posted. I'm game for some McD's, if this gets official post up and address of where were meeting.

Hevymetal

If I am not working I believe me and my sidearm and my (non-mentionable) may attend.

City Commission Meeting
Date: 6/11/2012 7:30 PM
151 Martin
Birmingham, Michigan 48009

Correct?

What nearby location would be good for dinner then a nice leisurely stroll to the meeting?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
If I am not working I believe me and my sidearm and my (non-mentionable) may attend.

City Commission Meeting
Date: 6/11/2012 7:30 PM
151 Martin
Birmingham, Michigan 48009

Correct?

What nearby location would be good for dinner then a nice leisurely stroll to the meeting?

Well google maps did not show much close by. However there is a public park a block away. I could have pizza & pop delivered to us & we could have a on the fly OC picnic :cool:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek: