• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC dinner/city council meeting in Birmingham on June 11th?

Yance

so the comments on that article should get interesting, one person already said that people should just get permits and carry concealed and has also said that if he saw someone walking down the street with a rifle he would call the police

SVI7

To Everyone that Attended:

I (Sean's Brother), on behalf of Sean and his family, just wanted to thank you all again for attending and showing your support. Sean really appreciates everyone standing behind him and the rights of everyone to carry lawfully. Hopefully today's rally will be helpful in getting the case dismissed and educating at least a few more people about open carry. Thanks again!

Haman J.T.

They did a better job on 4 at 11.I recognized many Patriots and Sean spoke well for himself! Great Guns! CARRY ON!

Haman J.T.

I (Sean's Brother), on behalf of Sean and his family, just wanted to thank you all again for attending and showing your support. Sean really appreciates everyone standing behind him and the rights of everyone to carry lawfully. Hopefully today's rally will be helpful in getting the case dismissed and educating at least a few more people about open carry. Thanks again!
Thank You All for Standing Up for All Our Rights!God Bless!CARRY ON!

Hevymetal

Fox 2 had a shorter piece at 11:18. Same educational goal achieved! CARRY ON!

The reporter sounded almost disappointed at the end "And no incidents ocoured at the meeting."

Noone even commented about the guy at the city meeting on record that admitted to doing a B&E on his neighbor's house during construction. haha (Two unrelated residents having a property dispute)
Edit: for those who didn't attend

Had a great time today, able to place the face to the names now :)

Still have a few kogels left, you guys didn't eat enough *shakes fist* hot dogs for lunch the next few days i guess.

Hats off to you Sean, Thanks again for attending, Kudos to you sir, for having the courage and conviction to stand up for all our rights.

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

I, for one was proud to meet Sean and shake his hand. He seems to be a fine American, the same goes to his family I met and his mother. Good luck to him on his legal issues and on going on with his life after this issue is resolved!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Now it's up to Birmingham's officials where we go from this point forward.

I say if they drop this then so should we. If they do not we should bring as much attention to them as possible via visits during events in the city such as carnivals, concerts, etc... I'm sure they want that ;)

Thanks again to the large group who tuned out.

Mr. Combs mother asked me to pass along her families gratitude for our show of support. She/they are a class act. :cool:

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I had a great time... seeing old members and meeting many new ones, too. Sean is a very well-spoken young man and seemed surprised and genuinely appreciative of our support. His family was also very appreciative.

The fact that we had a few citizens of Birmingham stop and say hello at the gathering was great. Furthermore, having a few citizens of Birmingham stand up and address the board at the meeting was heartening, especially when one woman who is on a board got up, explained she is a cpl holder, and asked that some others, who felt the need to criticize with comments from the gallery, allow us to speak and to treat us with respect. Although she didn't directly address OC and I have no idea where she stands on OC itself, she certainly made a favorable impression.

I thank everyone for representing OC in a very positive light... Carry On!

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

I had my doubts about how this would go with possible LGOC, but I am very proud to call you friends and compatriots in standing up for Rights, having the courage to act upon your convictions. Kudos to all who attended and "carried themselves properly". Also, kudos to the City of Birmingham as from all accounts that I know of there were no additional Rights Violations.

I believe that a "wait and see approach" is probably best right now. I certainly hope that the City of Birmingham has "gotten the message" that when you violate one person's Rights you violate everyone's Rights and that we truly want to work together towards protecting Rights.

Did we have a count of how many people attended the Event at Shain Park? How about at the City Council/Commission Meeting?