• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is why you don't break into a soldiers house on some bogus charges...

Gil223

Be a real shame if the Stormtrooper scum kicked in a door with an IED behind it--ball bearings and scrap metal around a shaped charge aimed below the waist. Real shame...might conclude that no knock search warrants aren't just a license for them to murder.

This video has been done a couple of times already - you're behind the power curve, G!

Be a real shame if the Stormtrooper scum kicked in a door with an IED behind it--ball bearings and scrap metal around a shaped charge aimed below the waist. Real shame...might conclude that no knock search warrants aren't just a license for them to murder.

Hard to have a discussion with the anti-LEO crowd, and there seems to be a lot of them here (it's like trying to get the anti-gun gang to actually understand 2A). You and your "Stormtrooper scum" and "IED" comments, makes me wonder if you're not some nut-job just waiting for his big chance.

ramkatral

I'm just gonna say this:

It would be very very very bad for you to attempt to enter either door on my house at night when we're in bed. The things that will happen to you don't even require me to wake up.

The best part of this story is he put down 6 of them before they got him. Oorah

Last edited:

georg jetson

This video has been done a couple of times already - you're behind the power curve, G!

Hard to have a discussion with the anti-LEO crowd, and there seems to be a lot of them here (it's like trying to get the anti-gun gang to actually understand 2A). You and your "Stormtrooper scum" and "IED" comments, makes me wonder if you're not some nut-job just waiting for his big chance.

Thank the Lord for the anti-LEO crowd!!!

...and it's hard to have a conversation with pro-LEO crowd... wait... that's an unfair generalization.

It may be considered less than tactful to use descriptors like "Stormtrooper scum", but the conversations need to take place. Having the partially federally funded "tactical" police forces we have in every city is a direct attack on liberty. They need to be scaled back considerably, so let's have some useful conversation to that end.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Huh???

I'm just gonna say this:

It would be very very very bad for you to attempt to enter either door on my house at night when we're in bed. The things that will happen to you don't even require me to wake up.

You need to explain this "story"..
I have not heard of Any home defender Ever, "putting down" any home invader!

OK, some have... But putting down 6 swat invaders is not something i have heard of...

Last edited:

georg jetson

I'm just gonna say this:

Edited for tactfulness... :)

Last edited:

rscottie

Actually the bulk of the guys on here are not Anti-Leo.

Instead, we are Pro-Citizen's Rights. We are against overly aggressive police tactics that get innocent people killed.

One such tactic is the No Knock Warrant. These are used for many situations where they should not be.

The police are no longer around "To Serve and Protect" but instead to "Intimidate and Conquer" under the mantra "I'm going home tonight."

This is wrong and needs to be changed.

ManInBlack

Your complete inability to recognize, accept, and understand the out-of-control relationship modern police have vis-a-vis the citizenry makes me wonder if you're an idiot, a hypocrite, or an incorrigible statist.

Gunslinger

Stick with being a bootlicker for the cops that act like SS murder squads and you'll go far on this forum. Nobody is making blanket statements against cops, merely responding to a 'specific group of murderers' who are vermin. But you are right: Let's just shine it off when they commit murder. After all, they wear badges so must be our friends and protectors. Good cops get their due here--and El Paso County and COS police often are noted by me as being prime examples. But when it flies and quacks, it gets called a duck. The "nut jobs" on this forum are the apologist, 'law and order at all costs to freedom' types like you. As I said, you would have been great defending the SS at Nuremberg. They had badges and snappy uniforms too.

Gil223

Your complete inability to recognize, accept, and understand the out-of-control relationship modern police have vis-a-vis the citizenry makes me wonder if you're an idiot, a hypocrite, or an incorrigible statist.

I have done the job. When you have done the job, then you will have earned the chance to complain, whine and blame everybody else - just like the left-wing libtards. (I don't have to "wonder" about you... I'm just thankful I don't live in the police state that you do) Pax...

ManInBlack

I have done the job. When you have done the job, then you will have earned the chance to complain, whine and blame everybody else - just like the left-wing libtards. (I don't have to "wonder" about you... I'm just thankful I don't live in the police state that you do) Pax...

Oh, ok. So by your idiotic "logic," only former IRS agents are qualified to set tax policy...yes, that makes a lot of sense.

Sorry, bucko, but when you were doing "the job," you were working for ME. WE THE PEOPLE get to tell you how to do the job, and when you have gone too far. That is the difference between living in a constitutional republic and living in the fascist dictatorship you fantasize about.

P.S.: There is no draft for "the job." You took it voluntarily because you saw the salary and benefits as a good compensation for any minute risks you may have taken upon yourself (and let's not forget that police aren't even in the top-10 of occupational mortality). Don't pretend you're some kind of hero because you willingly took a government job for government (read: taxpayer) salary and benefits. If folks like you can't do "the job" while respecting the inherent rights of each and every citizen you encounter, than kindly feel free to seek alternate employment in the productive sector. Don't let the door hit you on the ass, either.

Gunslinger

You have done "what" job? Were a cop? Ran speed traps and ate a lot of doughnuts? A lot of us here, myself included, have fought for our country in 'combat,' not just claim to have 'done the job.' We swore an oath, that doesn't expire, to uphold and defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. Murdering, jackbooted swat clowns are the enemy. We have 'earned' the right to criticize far more strongly than you have earned any right to be an apologist for those enemies.

Gil223

"They were just following orders! They did nothing wrong! They fulfilled their duties flawlessly!"
-Gil223

If you're going to quote statements that were never made, that only tells people about you. As for me, I'm not the least bit surprised. You seem to be intolerant of anyone who does not completely agree with you... which makes me glad I don't think in the same tight circle that you do. Pax...

ManInBlack

If you're going to quote statements that were never made, that only tells people about you. As for me, I'm not the least bit surprised. You seem to be intolerant of anyone who does not completely agree with you... which makes me glad I don't think in the same tight circle that you do. Pax...

Good. Ignore the issues; it befits your lack of intellect. Run away and hide, jackboot.

Beretta92FSLady

Good. Ignore the issues; it befits your lack of intellect. Run away and hide, jackboot.

It appears the issue is you're inventing quotes, and your inability to not refer to individuals as "idiot," and..."jackboot."

You are making a critical point, and it has nothing to do with the constructive subject matter of your posts.

Last edited:

Gil223

You have done "what" job? Were a cop? Ran speed traps and ate a lot of doughnuts? A lot of us here, myself included, have fought for our country in 'combat,' not just claim to have 'done the job.' We swore an oath, that doesn't expire, to uphold and defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. Murdering, jackbooted swat clowns are the enemy. We have 'earned' the right to criticize far more strongly than you have earned any right to be an apologist for those enemies.

Bite me, G! Apparently you never did the job, and know nothing about it. Yes, I was a deputy sheriff in Davis County UT, many years ago. Thank you for your service to our country, even though you assume that in my 20 years of military service I never saw combat, which makes you... wrong again. Surely you must be tiring of guessing about other people's patriotism, but you never seem to tire of name-calling of those who do not share your precise world view. (I understand that it's undoubtedly dark and smelly where you have your head, but that's not an acceptable excuse for assumption, after disparaging remark, after assumption, etc.) I have taken that same oath three times in my life, even though it never expires. I see you're still painting with that overly-broad brush.

To quote Robert Burns (not to be confused with Mr. Burns of The Simpsons - which is probably the only Burns you're familiar with):
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft a-gley, (often go awry/wrong)
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promised joy.

Working as a part of the DCSO was an "experience". In my three years there I knew most of the LEOs in two counties, and I never had occasion to question the honesty or integrity of any of them - not even the ones that I didn't particularly like on a personal level. In that time, I only had to draw my weapon one time, and never had the need to fire it except during practice and qualification. I don't recall any officer involved shootings in Davis county during those three years. I grant you that there are unquestionably some badge-heavy, intolerant, corrupt cops in every part of the country. Also, that when it becomes necessary to meet resistance with force, some LEOs do get caught up in the moment, and hold "baton practice" longer than they should - they're flawed human beings... as they were designed to be. That does not excuse their behavior, it just explains it - "heat of the moment". Punishment should follow.
I am not "an apologist" for anybody. Apparently, I just have a better understanding of the human condition than do you. We here in Utah don't have the quantity of criminal activities that Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Boston and New York have - not even in Salt Lake City. But, we do have the same types of crimes.

ManInBlack said:
Oh, ok. So by your idiotic "logic," only former IRS agents are qualified to set tax policy...yes, that makes a lot of sense.

Sorry, bucko, but when you were doing "the job," you were working for ME. WE THE PEOPLE get to tell you how to do the job, and when you have gone too far. That is the difference between living in a constitutional republic and living in the fascist dictatorship you fantasize about.

P.S.: There is no draft for "the job." You took it voluntarily because you saw the salary and benefits as a good compensation for any minute risks you may have taken upon yourself (and let's not forget that police aren't even in the top-10 of occupational mortality). Don't pretend you're some kind of hero because you willingly took a government job for government (read: taxpayer) salary and benefits. If folks like you can't do "the job" while respecting the inherent rights of each and every citizen you encounter, than kindly feel free to seek alternate employment in the productive sector. Don't let the door hit you on the ass, either.

A moron should never call anybody an "idiot", and that "logic" is not mine - it is your insecurity coming out, when you have nothing reasonable to offer in the way of a rebuttal. You have no idea how I did the job, so you can return that overly-broad brush you borrowed from Gunslinger. If name calling and assumptions are all you have to offer, perhaps you should keep them to yourself. As for your "fascist dictatorship" comment... I'm not the one trying to dictate how others should think - or what they should say - through intimidation and name-calling - that "shoe" fits you just fine though. I'm just trying explain the other side of the coin in rational terms. I don't see any claim to "being some kind of hero" in any of my posts. If you ever pull your head out, try reading them after you remove the spectacles of hatred. As in all professions, there are good and bad. You choose to dwell on the bad. That's your choice. Luckily, you're the only one that has to live with it. I left the SO after three years because I didn't like the office politics and religious cliques. Those, and the night that the Sheriff directed me to release a County Commissioner who was DUI - again - and on the verge of losing his driver's license. There is no room for political favoritism in my life, but the "good ol' boy" system is beyond my control. Tell me again, about "folks like" me. I'm no "goody two shoes" but, throughout my adult life, I have always functioned by the book, and the book never called for the abuse of citizen's rights.

If you and your pal, MIB, don't like the way "the job" is done, I would suggest that you both sign up and do it yourself. I'm sure your area of the country would be proud to have such perfect minions of the law in their service. For the rest of us mortal humans, "perfection" is but a goal to strive toward, not a destination. Pax...

Last edited:

Gil223

The main "issue" is your intolerance and inability to accept the fact that people are not perfect - except for you, of course. "Lack of intellect" is apparent in the "all ___ are" approach of your arguments, and the liberal use of derisive terms. These are the hallmarks of the intellectually disadvantaged. Pax, Bozo..