• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane LEO Encounter

okkid

I have never had a problem, either...precisely because I know and exercise my rights.

How is "dumdass" (lol) to simply remain silent? If he had told the cop, "I have nothing to say to you, bye," you, no doubt, would be complaining that he was rude! The only response folks like you will accept is immediate, slavish obedience.

If you don't like it, stay. I find you amusing and entertaining.

You got that right. :lol:

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

Last edited by a moderator:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
What do you mean by what you said?This was handled like a true champ!!!?
It was rude and gives me a bad name as I open carry.Not talking is ok with you guys is nuts.

He wasn't rude, he does not give open carry a bad name. He simply, efficiently exercised the rights afforded to us by Providence, bound forever by our Founders in the Constitution and beloved by modern day patriots everywhere.

sudden valley gunner

He wasn't rude, he does not give open carry a bad name. He simply, efficiently exercised the rights afforded to us by Providence, bound forever by our Founders in the Constitution and beloved by modern day patriots everywhere.

And it worked! It was the first time I actually saw and witnessed someone say that little. It's a good example on how to exercise the right against an unwarranted intrusion of gov.

Vitaeus

the four police that responded to the likely Man with a Gun is interesting, watch the very end, another officer walks by him a cruiser drives by and another is parked on a side street.

Stretch

the four police that responded to the likely Man with a Gun is interesting, watch the very end, another officer walks by him a cruiser drives by and another is parked on a side street.

I thought maybe the one that walked by was tied to the cruiser parked on the right side as he proceeded up the road. Not that it matters, other than he was free to go. I did get a chuckle out of the walking officer's, "Have a good day." statement.

jm9584

MIB - To be clear, i agree and concede on the presenting ID if not required to issue. I did it only because i'm not as sure of the law in Washington in regards to requirements to identify. Something i need to brush up on and will be sure to exercise my rights about the next time an incident happens. My issue was just with passing the Mil-ID versus, say, a DL...not with passing an ID at all.

Thanks to all for the info. Also, that copy of the training bulletin should be useful. I think i'll print out a copy of that, along with several of the open carry brochures to keep with me for times i am out and about. In fact, one would have come in handy just the other day at wal-mart when i was approached by an odd gentleman who was quite sure i was committing a crime by being in a store with a holstered pistol. Now i know :)

tombrewster421

a693581d-9ef0-8717.jpg

Thor80

MIB - To be clear, i agree and concede on the presenting ID if not required to issue. I did it only because i'm not as sure of the law in Washington in regards to requirements to identify. Something i need to brush up on and will be sure to exercise my rights about the next time an incident happens. My issue was just with passing the Mil-ID versus, say, a DL...not with passing an ID at all.

Thanks to all for the info. Also, that copy of the training bulletin should be useful. I think i'll print out a copy of that, along with several of the open carry brochures to keep with me for times i am out and about. In fact, one would have come in handy just the other day at wal-mart when i was approached by an odd gentleman who was quite sure i was committing a crime by being in a store with a holstered pistol. Now i know :)

Have you been OC in Spokane long JM? I've been tO Wally world in the valley a lot without issues.... Havent been north or Scareway Heights OC though.. If we ever meet up I've got a good stack of OC handouts I got from GoGoDawgs when I was on the wet side a few months ago.

jm9584

Have you been OC in Spokane long JM? I've been tO Wally world in the valley a lot without issues.... Havent been north or Scareway Heights OC though.. If we ever meet up I've got a good stack of OC handouts I got from GoGoDawgs when I was on the wet side a few months ago.

Approximately a year. I've never had issues with employees/management at any Wal-Mart, and that was the first time a shopper approached me in a negative manner. It was at the North one, the non-supercenter Wal-Mart. The man was an odd fellow... lol.

Yeah, handouts would be great in cases like that. Or, even better, for the "I didn't know you could do that..." instances. If i ever see you around, i'd be obliged for a few to take around. Until then, i'll print a few out at home.

Jeff Hayes

Approximately a year. I've never had issues with employees/management at any Wal-Mart, and that was the first time a shopper approached me in a negative manner. It was at the North one, the non-supercenter Wal-Mart. The man was an odd fellow... lol.

Yeah, handouts would be great in cases like that. Or, even better, for the "I didn't know you could do that..." instances. If i ever see you around, i'd be obliged for a few to take around. Until then, i'll print a few out at home.

I have about a thousand handouts and would be glad to give them out. Just figure out a time and place to meet.

Thor80

JM9584, did you ever contact the Sheriffs Office and explain your encounter and get a response from them? Just wanted to follow up since this thread has been pushed down a few pages.

-Thor

Lammo

OC at Lowe's in the Spokane Valley yesterday afternoon. Not a second look or a word from any of the employees. Got a startled look from one woman though. Just after that I went down a side aisle out of her sight. When I came back around into the main aisle I heard her say "There he is." Looked over my shoulder and saw her pointing me out to a couple of employees in the paint department. Kept on with my business and checked out without any issues with any of the employees. Guess she didn't get whatever reaction she was hoping for.

amlevin

OC at Lowe's in the Spokane Valley yesterday afternoon. Not a second look or a word from any of the employees. Got a startled look from one woman though. Just after that I went down a side aisle out of her sight. When I came back around into the main aisle I heard her say "There he is." Looked over my shoulder and saw her pointing me out to a couple of employees in the paint department. Kept on with my business and checked out without any issues with any of the employees. Guess she didn't get whatever reaction she was hoping for.

Is it possible that you might have prosecuted some of those Lowe's employees and they now know not to mess with you? ;);)

jm9584

JM9584, did you ever contact the Sheriffs Office and explain your encounter and get a response from them? Just wanted to follow up since this thread has been pushed down a few pages.

-Thor

I did not, nor do I think I will. Things at work and home have been rather busy and I simply let it fall by the wayside.