Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The Good Kind of "Rogue Cop"

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552

    Thumbs up The Good Kind of "Rogue Cop"

    http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com...oes-rogue.html

    Regina Tasca is a “rogue cop” – and God bless her for it.


    Tasca is in the middle of disciplinary hearings that may result in her termination from the Bogota, New Jersey Police Department. She stands accused of “bizarre and outlandish” behavior in two incidents a year ago during which she revealed herself to be “A danger to other police officers.”


    Her first supposed offense -- which wasn't mentioned until after the second -- was a failure to assist another officer who was “attacked” by a drunken woman who was roughly half his weight and barely five feet tall. Her second was was to intervene when a police officer from another jurisdiction viciously assaulted an emotionally troubled young man who was not suspected of a crime.
    Regina Tasca is a hero, and one of the few surviving members of the endangered species known as "American Peace Officer."

    Is there any wonder that the police establishment seeks to hunt those like her to extinction?
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com...oes-rogue.html



    Regina Tasca is a hero, and one of the few surviving members of the endangered species known as "American Peace Officer."

    Is there any wonder that the police establishment seeks to hunt those like her to extinction?
    Beretta"lady" is really in a padded room and types on her keyboard with a pencil in her mouth,,, get my drift JUST JOKIN'!

    PEACE & RKBA FOREVER !!!
    Last edited by scott58dh; 05-01-2012 at 02:31 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    I can see it from both sides.

    From the side I am sitting on she stopped police brutality and should be commended, not reprimanded.

    On the other side, if I thought I WAS the law I would get pretty pissed off at someone not helping (deliberately hindering) me enforce my will. In a legal prospective though, she may not have know the full facts and was jumping in on the wrong side. The situation is not always how it appears. The boy could have had a knife that the officer was trying to coax out of his hand with a couple (several) blows to the head and face.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510
    Duct tape warning!

    Take a look at the comments here:

    http://www.policemag.com/Videos/Chan...ts-Arrest.aspx

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510
    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    In a legal prospective though, she may not have know the full facts and was jumping in on the wrong side. The situation is not always how it appears. The boy could have had a knife that the officer was trying to coax out of his hand with a couple (several) blows to the head and face.
    She was the responding officer. She was the first one on-scene. It was the other officers who showed up and jumped in without having any idea what was going on.

  6. #6
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    She was the responding officer. She was the first one on-scene. It was the other officers who showed up and jumped in without having any idea what was going on.
    I don't think he was being serious.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  7. #7
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    She was the responding officer. She was the first one on-scene. It was the other officers who showed up and jumped in without having any idea what was going on.
    You ever see that training video where one officer orders a perp to put down and AK. As the perp is laying the rifle down a second officer comes around the corner and immediately shoots the perp? Turns out that the perp was putting down the rifle with one hand and drawing from concealment a handgun with the other. The original officer could not see this from his perspective but the second one could.

    What I am getting at is, just because she was the 1st officer on the scene does not mean she had all the facts. But I was wrong. I thought that the "back-up" arrived 1st and she pulled up after they were there.

    I do think, like I said, that she should be commended for what she did.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  8. #8
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    I don't think he was being serious.
    Not completely. From what little we know I think we will all agree that she is a hero.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  9. #9
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Duct tape warning!

    Take a look at the comments here:

    http://www.policemag.com/Videos/Chan...ts-Arrest.aspx
    I couldn't read anymore of the comments on this link. One "officer" said they shouldn't have you used a closed fist. They should have used a baton across the kneecaps. That is the way to handle it. After all an officer could hurt his hand with a closed fist.
    Unbelievable. How do people like that get hired and I can't make it passed the background interview?
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    I can see it from both sides.

    From the side I am sitting on she stopped police brutality and should be commended, not reprimanded.

    On the other side, if I thought I WAS the law I would get pretty pissed off at someone not helping (deliberately hindering) me enforce my will. In a legal prospective though, she may not have know the full facts and was jumping in on the wrong side. The situation is not always how it appears. The boy could have had a knife that the officer was trying to coax out of his hand with a couple (several) blows to the head and face.
    The bold is the completely wrong attitude for peace officers to take.

    A peace officer recognizes that he is not the law; he is only there to enforce the law, not his will.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    It is a breath of fresh air to hear the female cop chastise the officer who assaulted the guy. Her being investigated speaks to the flaw in the system more than the officer who assaulted the man did.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  12. #12
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    The bold is the completely wrong attitude for peace officers to take.

    A peace officer recognizes that he is not the law; he is only there to enforce the law, not his will.
    I was saying that officers expect support for their actions, even the ones they know are wrong. If I was the officer beating a boy for little reason then I would want to punish anyone who tried to do the right thing.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    I was saying that officers expect support for their actions, even the ones they know are wrong. If I was the officer beating a boy for little reason then I would want to punish anyone who tried to do the right thing.
    Right on!
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Tucker6900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    You ever see that training video where one officer orders a perp to put down and AK. As the perp is laying the rifle down a second officer comes around the corner and immediately shoots the perp? Turns out that the perp was putting down the rifle with one hand and drawing from concealment a handgun with the other. The original officer could not see this from his perspective but the second one could.

    What I am getting at is, just because she was the 1st officer on the scene does not mean she had all the facts. But I was wrong. I thought that the "back-up" arrived 1st and she pulled up after they were there.

    I do think, like I said, that she should be commended for what she did.
    I think that you are in the wrong forum to be siding with cops abusing their authority. The subject was not under arrest....therefore, per the Supreme Court, resisting arrest is impossible. And to add, he had not commited any crimes, therefore there was no probable cause for arrest, therefore, not lawful. The second that officer puts his hands on the subject, it was unlawful, and the subject had full right to self defense. The supreme court also adds that:

    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as
    he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus
    it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an
    officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without
    resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).
    So, the female officer had the rights, under the Constitution and Supreme Court decision, to assist the subject in his resistance of the unlawful arrest.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.


    The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

  15. #15
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Whatever happened to the 'reasonably believed' canard for LEOs? The female cop reasonably believed the other cop was in the wrong and intervened to stop further criminal activity.

    Arrest. 544.180. An arrest is made by an actual restraint of the person of the defendant, or by his submission to the custody of the officer, under authority of a warrant or otherwise. The officer must inform the defendant by what authority he acts, and must also show the warrant if required.

    http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5440000180.HTM

    Resisting or interfering with arrest--penalty. 575.150. 4. It is no defense to a prosecution pursuant to subsection 1 of this section that the law enforcement officer was acting unlawfully in making the arrest. However, nothing in this section shall be construed to bar civil suits for unlawful arrest.

    http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5750000150.HTM
    As is quite evident, resisting arrest, in Missouri, is not an option. We must take the ride and gain redress later. Does NJ have similar statutes?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •