• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"i don't blame the economy, i blame guns."

DrakeZ07

Why do you find it necessary to bring up race? OC for Me didn't mention any race. Thugs come in all races, colors, religions, and ethnicities. A criminal is a criminal is a criminal.

For future reference, notice how he left out the LGBT community. Proven un-citable fact, We don't commit crimes, and therefore, do not have thugs. /Notsarcasm.

(If she can bring up race, I can bring up sexuality, just so this thread can be Fair, and Equal to all parties involved, or otherwise.)

Last edited:

OC for ME

For future reference, notice how he left out the LGBT community. Proven un-citable fact, We don't commit crimes, and therefore, do not have thugs. /Notsarcasm.

(If she can bring up race, I can bring up sexuality, just so this thread can be Fair, and Equal to all parties involved, or otherwise.)
Considering the use of 'he', you refer to me, or a typo, referring to she.

OC for ME

The "She" part was referring to Beretta92FSLady~
I figured that out.

OC for ME
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DrakeZ07

Considering the use of 'he', you refer to me, or a typo, referring to she.
?....me or her?

Gil223

Believe it or not, the LGBT community is not at the forefront of everybody's mind, and therefore not constantly in our thoughts. Most folks wouldn't have noticed the absence of any reference to LGBT until you brought it up (Ruby didn't mention Martians, natural phenomena or other species, either). And now you're claiming that no member of the alternative community has ever committed a criminal or thuggish act? :rolleyes: Welcome to the planet Earth, where there is no identifiable sub-culture or social community without some criminals! Pax...

Gil223

I'm not ignorant enough to think it's realistically possible, especially with the government having any involvement in it, but it's true that poverty is the primary factor. Notice how culture is a function of its surroundings...black culture formed around being poor as hell and uneducated (regardless of whose fault this is why it is). I'm not advocating that we go around and give these people homes, but I'm sick and tired of the race baiting and finger pointing- by both sides.

Jake8x7

Exactly how "ignorant" are you then? The acceptance of "poverty" is a personal choice. It is a condition which many have chosen to rise above - some through personal preparation via education and training, others through developing their abilities in sports, and yet others through criminal activity. Being born into poverty is no excuse for remaining poverty-stricken. If one accepts an impoverished spirit as their lot in life, then the blame for their lack of success in this world falls upon them. Not all people of color work in menial jobs, nor are all white people business executives. You will find those who choose not to rise to the challenges of life working side-by-side on assembly lines, at convenience stores, stocking shelves at Wal-Mart, pumping petrol at your local gas station, or living off the taxes (paid by those who do work) via "welfare", etc.

From the Department of Health and Human Services (regarding "The Low-Wage Labor Market"):
Even in jobs that require relatively little in the way of formal education or credentials, employers often seek a variety of basic skills in their job applicants, and a set of personal characteristics that they think reflect those skills. The skills and characteristics generally sought by these employers can be summarized as follows:

Job readiness
Social/verbal skills
Basic cognitive skills
Job-specific skills

From the Department of Labor:
Declining Male-Female and Black-White Wage Gap

While wage inequality has grown among education groups, wage differentials have narrowed between men and women as well as between whites and blacks. Overall, the male-female wage gap declined from 37.1 percent in 1984 to 23.8 percent in 1995. Over the same period, the wage differential between white and black men declined from 26.7 percent to 18.0 percent, and the wage differential between white and black women declined from 8.7 percent to 6.0 percent (Lerman, 1997a).

Much of the remaining difference in hourly earnings for white and black men can be explained by differences in their level of skills before they enter the labor market (Neal and Johnson, 1997).

(Statistics have never particularly impressed me - the old saw "Figures can lie, and liars can figure" sticks in my mind) But, when there has to be an "objective" means of measurement to show disparity between groups of anything (people, animals, electromechanical devices, etc.) running stats seems to be the only globally accepted way of doing so. Keeping that in mind - Yes, according to these stats - which are 15 years old - in 1997 (the date of the completion of the Lerman study) there was still an earning disparity between sexes and races. But, that disparity had been reduced by a statistically significant amount during the preceeding 11 years. Does it still exist today? Possibly, but I couldn't find any more recent studies on those relationships.

When I lived in North Carolina - several decades ago - I worked for a while at a textile mill (at that time, textile work was probably the single largest employing industry in the area). I had been on the job for about four months, and received four pay increases. So, one day I decided to ask a very senior worker (doing the same exact job I was doing), how much he was being paid after 25 years on the job... a nickel an hour more than I was making! I found other employment shortly thereafter.

Normally, "success" in life does not just fall upon someone. It requires preparation and focused effort on the part of the individual, to achieve his/her goals. Different people have different goals. Some goals are almost attainable by the simple act of birth, while others require moderate effort. The loftier goals require detailed preparation, planning, unwavering focus and surgical precision in their execution. These last are that top 10% of earners. The "Bell Curve" for the distribution of earnings (without regard to any other influencing factors - simply income) looked like this in 2005:

The "average" earnings in this country (in 2005) was $37,000 - significantly more than I have ever earned in my life. I am not a "person of color", but I did choose a relatively unrewarding career path (financially speaking). I chose to enlist in the U.S. military. Twenty years later, when I "retired" from the military as an E7, I immediately sought and found employment (in order to continue supporting my family's bad habits of living indoors and eating), and attended college part-time. My income has always been "sufficient" (as in: "not even approaching substantial"), and I do not regret any of my employment choices. I earned that which I had prepared myself to earn. I accept both the blame for not fully capitalizing on my abilities, and the credit for achieving all my goals - it's called "ambition", and some folks have more of it than others. Some folks have neither ambition nor personal pride.

And now, the question... WTF do any of the preceding half-dozen-or-so posts have to do with OC? :eek: Pax...

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

I figured that out.

?....me or her?

You hun~

Believe it or not, the LGBT community is not at the forefront of everybody's mind, and therefore not constantly in our thoughts. Most folks wouldn't have noticed the absence of any reference to LGBT until you brought it up (Ruby didn't mention Martians, natural phenomena or other species, either). And now you're claiming that no member of the alternative community has ever committed a criminal or thuggish act? :rolleyes: Welcome to the planet Earth, where there is no identifiable sub-culture or social community without some criminals! Pax...

Well, we don't really have any criminals~ and any you may or may not find through plenty of research, are only 'posers' using the LGBT community as a scape goat from their problems, etc.

Funny enough, I don't think the other species can be considered as having thugs, either, like dolphins, or ocelots, or snow mews (snow leopards~) etc... Now, Amoeba on the other paw, might have a few thugs, you can never trust single celled organisms.

Gil223

Well, we don't really have any criminals~ and any you may or may not find through plenty of research, are only 'posers' using the LGBT community as a scape goat from their problems, etc.

Yeah... right. And, the Catholic church doesn't have any pederasts acting as priests either. Put your gay community denial back in the closet, Drake, and pull your head out of where you (apparently) have it ensconced... before you break your neck trying to sit down. Unless the LGBT community is composed of something other than human beings, there are criminals of some kind in that community! One does not have to be a murderer, arsonist, rapist or terrorist to have committed a crime (there are those who think that all members of the LGBT community are de facto "criminals" for having committed a "crime against nature" ... whatever that means? I wasn't aware that nature had been codified! On the other hand, nature does have it's own way of "holding court").;)

In re "plenty of research": it took one (1) attempt (a challenge rarely goes unanswered):
Although the proportion of serial killers who are known to have had homosexual experience is high (over 43%), the total number of serial killers is too small to make statistically relevant statements about whether homosexuals are over- or under-represented among serial killers. (Journal of the Family Research Institute, Vol. 18 No. 1, Feb 2003) Technically, 69% of the serial killers in this study were homosexuals (i.e., people who were self-described homosexuals or people who had engaged in homosexual behavior immediately prior to, during, or after committing their murders). The lower statistic of 43% cited above is the proportion who were homosexual among people who molested or raped and then murdered children: 43% of these perpetrators were homosexuals. This lower figure, however, includes people who killed only a single person, and are thus not classified as serial killers.

Your lack of realistic perspective is somewhat surprising, since most of the gays I have met impressed me as being of above-average intelligence. Pax... :)

Last edited:

Sig229

You mean to tell me that the Negro population has that high of a percentage of people that are "just thugs?"

LMAO.
I can tell you have no black friends.
Because if you did, and you called one of then a "Negro" to their face that would slap you to sleep.

Christ, my grandfather didnt even refer to them as Negro's and his family owned a tobacco plantation in Virgina.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

Yeah... right. And, the Catholic church doesn't have any pederasts acting as priests either. Put your gay community denial back in the closet, Drake, and pull your head out of where you (apparently) have it ensconced... before you break your neck trying to sit down. Unless the LGBT community is composed of something other than human beings, there are criminals of some kind in that community! One does not have to be a murderer, arsonist, rapist or terrorist to have committed a crime (there are those who think that all members of the LGBT community are de facto "criminals" for having committed a "crime against nature" ... whatever that means? I wasn't aware that nature had been codified! On the other hand, nature does have it's own way of "holding court").;)

In re "plenty of research": it took one (1) attempt (a challenge rarely goes unanswered):

Your lack of realistic perspective is somewhat surprising, since most of the gays I have met impressed me as being of above-average intelligence. Pax... :)

First off, if you're going to attack my personal character, and sexuality, AND personally insult me for an innocent post. Then you sir, deserve the following.

You, know, I honestly find it rather amusing, and pretty funny, that you quoted the FRI, for your citations, and actually leaning and relying heavily on them to make a point that, supposedly, the majority of serial killers are/was 'gay'.

Here's a little information about the "Family Research Institute":

From their main page:
FRI Mission

The Family Research Institute was founded in 1982 with one overriding mission: to generate empirical research on issues that threaten the traditional family, particularly homosexuality, AIDS, sexual social policy, and drug abuse. FRI believes that published scientific material has a profound impact, both in the United States and around the world.

And, at the very bottom:

Family Research Institute is a non-profit scientific and educational corporation that believes the strength of our society depends on preserving America's historic moral framework and the traditional family. FRI is working to produce sound, scientific data on pressing social issues — especially homosexuality — in an effort to promote traditional policies. We welcome all who would join in the fight to restore a world where marriage is upheld and honored, where children are nurtured and protected, and where homosexuality is not taught and accepted, but instead is discouraged and rejected at every level.

So, let me understand this.

You cited a source, who is acclaimed, and clearly states in their mission, that they are biased and work to fight against all things relating to Homosexuality, and in general, the LGBT community; Using these idiots, and their laughable research, you tried to make a point that there are indeed, criminals, and mass murders within the LGBT community.

So, summing things up, you doubt my Intellect, because I made a statement of what I consider my own personal truth, and to prove your point, you used citations from a biased, anti-LGBT source, who is dedicated to the sole purpose of causing grief, hurt, and torture, psyical, or mental, AND INFLUENCE SOCIETY to do so, against LGBT peoples, because of their own small closed minds.

I am not the one to be doubted when it comes to intellect, boy. If you're going to try to sound smart, and talk with us adults, you better darn well know how to cite, research, find, and use scientific data with no possible internal, or external bias, and/or influences.

For one, let's say the KKK/White Knights, supported, and had an off-shoot organization, that tried to use statistics, and their own biased research, to make claims of "scientific data" that Blacks, and Jews, was inferior to the White/Aryan race, and should therefor be shunned, and rejected by society at large. By you, yourself, citing the FRI, and believing it, and dissing me for what I said prior to your post, then by all rights and means, if I had shown KKK influenced data, I would be in the pure right, and should question the intellect of anyone, and everyone, who doubts what I say.

I had only meant to jokingly play the innocent card in my post earlier in the week, knowing that all groups of people have criminals, and but I still try to believe the LGBT group to be far better and less criminal than any other, race, gender, or otherwise. Because We have fought hard against being the subject of manipulation, and corruption, that we see teh example others show wholeheartedly, and try to learn from it to better ourselves. But, apparently, that is a bad thing.

Last edited:

Gil223

First off, if you're going to attack my personal character, and sexuality, AND personally insult me for an innocent post. Then you sir, deserve the following.

I attacked nothing about you personally, other than your challenge:

which took no effort at all to disprove.

You, know, I honestly find it rather amusing, and pretty funny, that you quoted the FRI, for your citations, and actually leaning and relying heavily on them to make a point that, supposedly, the majority of serial killers are/was 'gay'.
The FRI was the first resource that popped up on my search, and my purpose was not to vett the source. Not being "into" the details of LGBT - or of the radical religious right - I had no probable reason to expect any bias in their "study". It's a bit embarrassing, and I'm sure the LGBT publications are totally without bias of any kind./s

Using these idiots, and their laughable research, you tried to make a point that there are indeed, criminals, and mass murders within the LGBT community.

And there are without a doubt "criminals, and mass murders within the LGBT community." Perhaps the stats are even wildly exaggerated, but you do have at least one of each.

Your attempt at humor was very cleverly cloaked in this statement:
(Emphasis added for clarity) How could I possibly have missed the well-hidden tongue in your cheek?:rolleyes:

I am not the one to be doubted when it comes to intellect, boy. If you're going to try to sound smart, and talk with us adults, you better darn well know how to cite, research, find, and use scientific data with no possible internal, or external bias, and/or influences.

BOY?? If I was a black man you wouldn't dare use that term. I don't recall using any derisive terms regarding you, but now I doubt that you even are "an adult".

I had only meant to jokingly play the innocent card in my post earlier in the week, knowing that all groups of people have criminals, and but I still try to believe the LGBT group to be far better and less criminal than any other, race, gender, or otherwise. Because We have fought hard against being the subject of manipulation, and corruption, that we see teh example others show wholeheartedly, and try to learn from it to better ourselves. But, apparently, that is a bad thing.

And, again... how could I possibly have missed that well-hidden tongue in your cheek? :rolleyes: You denied everything so consistently and so well, I actually thought you were serious. All you wanted was some attention for being "gay". Congratulations! You got it. :monkey Pax...

Last edited:

Jake8x7

Activist Member
I completely agree that the acceptance of poverty is a personal choice, but being born into it isnt. Is that an excuse to wallow in handouts? Hell no it isnt. But sadly half of the people in this world don't have the go-getting personality that you and I may possess. Blacks commit more non-drug forcible felonies because they are statistically poorer and their culture was grown out of social oppression, lack of education, and being poor. Do not misread what I'm saying and construe that I support crony big government socialism, I'm actually a Ron Paul guy, but we need to accept this fact before we can move on as a society. No that doesn't mean we need more welfare, or that affirmative action is right or needed, all it does is tear down indirect stigmas of why certain cultural identifiers exhibit certain collective behaviors. Having dark skin in itself is completely irrelevant. It doesn't make you any more lazy or evil than any other human. It's your environment and cultural that decide these outcomes on the massive societal collective scale. A few white tokens who "were poor and did something about it" doesn't change this fact sadly. Bottom line is my father is law enforcement and he told me since day one that if you're going to profile people (which he argues is dangerous because it can lower you below condition yellow for "safe" looking people), at least do it the logical way and do it by apparent visual wealth and physical/clothing culture, not by someone's estimated race/sexuality/gender is. He was fired upon by a 71 year old white female attempting suicide by cop....my point in case. Focus on the issues, keep your mind clear, and stay safe.

Jake8x7

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

OC for ME

Suicide by cop is not a "cultural" thing. Poor is a relative term based on where the observe is positioned on the socioeconomic scale.

Definition of THUG: a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster, tough

Related to THUG

Synonyms: bully, gangbanger, gangsta, gangster, goon, gorilla, homeboy, homey (or homie), hood, hooligan, mobster, mug, plug-ugly, punk, roughneck, rowdy, ruffian, hoodlum, tough, toughie (also toughy), yob [British], yobbo [British]

Related Words: cutthroat, scoundrel, villain; assassin, bandit, bravo, brigand, criminal, crook, desperado, felon, gunman, highwayman, lawbreaker, mafioso, malefactor, offender, outlaw, perp, perpetrator, pirate; pickpocket, racketeer, robber, swindler, thief, vandal; juvenile delinquent, tearaway [British]

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thug
When the moniker 'thug' is ascribed to a citizen, these days, it is typically ascribed to only one segment of the population. In many cases the moniker is correctly applied.