• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(Stark County) Louisville Taco bell.

Dashlol

Today I had lunch with my cousin who is on a leave from the United States Marine Corps. We had planned a day of events and such and decided to stop by Taco bell in the middle of town. I have open carried there many times before. We walked in and ordered while the cashier seemed a bit nervous at first he finally started to relax when he saw the Military ID when we paid. We waited for our food quietly and patiently until it was done. We started to enjoy our meals when I noticed a police car pull in and I knew that they were there to talk to us (not the first time). We were informed that recently they have been bought out by a franchise owner (they refuse to divulge to me who the owner is) and even though no gun signs aren't posted they still don't allow them. Then the cop wanted to talk to us outside when I asked if we could eat our food we paid for. He began to tell us the whole private business can refuse service however they still accepted our money and refused to give us refunds. The Manager's name was Lauren and she did not even approach us even with the police officer present. She then from a distance verbally said "I don't care if your in the military no one should be able to carry a gun" When the cop asked her what the franchise owners rules on CCW/OC she responded "I don't know but I think were getting signs." While this entire scene was going on we were looked at in the store by everyone and outside as if we were criminals. I would just like to advise that even not posted Taco bell in Louisville will harass and notify authorities. They will not issue refunds even though they would accept your money. Taco bell at this time has not attempted to make amends or comment on this incident so I am reaching out to my fellow firearm community for help.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
You need to go to the KY forum and contact "gutshot." He is the smartest man on earth. If you don't believe me ask him. He will tell you he is.

Now, to find out who owns that Taco Bell call the county board of health and ask for the name of the company they issued the food handling license to. With that name then go the the Secretary of State's website and look-up the company to see who owns it and their address.

But, before you do that you need to ask gutshot for permission.

Garystarcher

I have stopped at this taco bell before and if that's how they are going to treat a LAC then I will no longer take part in supporting them. Thanks for the heads up and sorry about what happened and I hope you get this resolved.

Yiteurp

if you broke no law.. I would have asked the cop to kindly allow me to eat what I paid for.. if her persisted I would have taken my fod to go and eaten in the car.. there is no reason the police should have harrased you.. in fact he should have thanked your friend and shaken his hand ..

I would have told the manager .. you could have thanked me .. you didnt need to call the police.

Last edited:

RCall

Im not sure what the LEO was getting at by asking what the stores policy on CCW/OC is. I believe it doesnt matter what that policy is if the customers don't know about it.

Sounds like a certain fast food manager let her personal views get in the way of her doing her job.

Because of this some poor sap probably had to cut their own Mexican Pizza while she was preoccupied.

SMH

Gutshot is smart enough to know this event took place in Ohio, not Ky.

Furthermore, after reading COL's post multiple times, at no point does he state that the event took place in KY. He merely states that the OP can find you in the KY forum.

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

Louisville, Ohio. Nickname: The CONSTITUTION CITY

BTW, it's about 7 miles from Canton, OH. The manager's last name isn't Harless, is it?

Jmoney

I don't mean to bump and old thread, but I'm glad someone said something about Louisville. In fact, I registered just to say something in regards.

I'm from and currently live in Louisville, and have yet to ever see someone OC in this small town. I do not do it myself as I am only 17, (one more year!) but it does not come to any surprise to me that you were harassed by our Local LEOs. I may sound a little "immature" by saying this but literally our police has nothing better to do. My father was a full-time police officer for Louisville for upwards of 15 years and also have a friend who's currently a part-time officer and they would tell me how boring it is. The most crime that happens in this small town is the high school "hardasses" that hang out in the taco bell parking lot and loiter.

Just a word of advice if you come to Louisville; Be prepared to be harassed by our LEOs. I hope maybe one day one of our police officers picks the wrong person to harass and a suit ends up being filed. That would not only be a wake up call in the eye of respecting LAC who choose to OC, but also as a wake up call in general to our LEOs who believe that the world revolves around them and they can just make the laws up as they go.

Speaking of that, (not to get off topic) I recently installed a P.A. system in my truck. And this kind of sparked a little thing around school. A few my friends recently had a P.A. system in their trucks, too, (P.A. from a CB Radio, 4 Watts) and we would drive through town and use it. We would come to the main intersection of Rt. 44 and Rt. 153 and just be a clown and ask the drunks at the "Town Tavern" and "The Ville" if they were drunk yet, and tell them if they weren't, that they're doing something wrong. Harmless comedy, and in fact we'd get many laughs from it. However about 3 weeks ago, the police caught on and began to use the school as a mean to intimidate students who installed the P.A. Systems in their vehicles. To the point where my best friend who had a P.A. in his ranger, was called down to the assistant principals office and questioned about his P.A. System. They said a police report had been filed for someone driving a Maroon Ford Ranger and said vehicle was harassing people as they were driving by. He was told the police would be talking with him later that day. That never happened. His mom called the Police department who told her that there had been no report filed. It's a pathetic low this city's LEOs stoop too.

Also - just another warning. If you ever drive through here on Friday/Saturday nights between 7 P.M and Midnight, you better be driving perfect. Your car better be in no violation. The city tries to gain revenue by instructing their patrol officers to (what I think is unconstitutionally) initiate traffic stops for anything and everything. Going 5 over 35 MPH down main street, head light out, no front license plate, no license plate light, etc. Just some friendly advice.

Its a shame I have nothing good to say about the LEOs in this small town. I guess it goes to show that some police departments aren't out there for citizens' protection, but rather to line the city's pocket with revenue and to intimidate high school kids and LACs.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I don't mean to bump and old thread, but I'm glad someone said something about Louisville. In fact, I registered just to say something in regards.

I'm from and currently live in Louisville, and have yet to ever see someone OC in this small town. I do not do it myself as I am only 17, (one more year!)...

Long gun 18 years old - handgun 21 years old.....