• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home depot issues - AGAIN

rapgood

snip...
As I'm leaving, I hear a call go out for a public service detail, a woman matching the description of the lady that had the 'issue' would apparently be 'waiting outside for your (police) arrival' . So Apparently she called the police... I didn't care enough to follow up... I tried to calm her down, tried to educate her, tried to talk to her, if she wants to flip out, that's on her...

That's sad. Such an irrational fear, but real nonetheless. That HD should spend some training time with its staff to educate them about OC and its legality. Particularly since they know some of their patrons OC. It's the only fair thing to do for the employees.

fire suppressor

Nice setup Techno I can't tell from the picture if that's a radio or scanner. What do you use the monitor for? It does not look like the traditional MDTs I have used in the past

TechnoWeenie

Nice setup Techno I can't tell from the picture if that's a radio or scanner. What do you use the monitor for? It does not look like the traditional MDTs I have used in the past

Scanner up top, Ericsson orion on bottom (VHF + UHF).

MDC is used for lots of stuff.... nav/music/DVR/internet, digital decoding, flight tracking, whatever suits my fancy....

Here's an older screenshot of planes I was tracking in Japan...

Untitled2.jpg

TechnoWeenie

And one L of an alarm too I hope?

Immobilizer, 2 way paging, and GPS tracking... I know where my car is at all times.....

I could give you the key and STILL be able to find you in less than 30 seconds.

If you show up to the BBQ on sun, I can show you :D

Last edited:

Levi

Immobilizer, 2 way paging, and GPS tracking... I know where my car is at all times.....

I could give you the key and STILL be able to find you in less than 30 seconds.

If you show up to the BBQ on sun, I can show you :D

Does it talk and have a swishing red light in the grill?

TechnoWeenie

Does it talk and have a swishing red light in the grill?

Funny enough, I did, about 5 years ago...

The voice recognition technology wasn't that great at the time, and it was more of a gimmick. I didn't do it on this one (or any other one).

amlevin

I think you misread the story. The service member said it was not an OC state.

The 2nd HD employee corrected him. He never said anything about policy.

I work at Home Depot.

Your right, I did.

As for working at Home Depot, too bad you don't work at the one in Tulalip. The only people that appear to do any Customer Service in that store are vendor reps or customers who help each other out. Their Customer Service is pathetic. Even the people shopping there joke about it. I only go in there when I know I can find something on my own or don't need any assistance like loading lumber, etc. I end up driving an extra 10 miles to Lowes.

decklin

Your right, I did.

As for working at Home Depot, too bad you don't work at the one in Tulalip. The only people that appear to do any Customer Service in that store are vendor reps or customers who help each other out. Their Customer Service is pathetic. Even the people shopping there joke about it. I only go in there when I know I can find something on my own or don't need any assistance like loading lumber, etc. I end up driving an extra 10 miles to Lowes.

That is unfortunate. One thing I hear from customers on a regular basis is how good the customer service is at Home Depot. I'm never really sure if they are talking about Home Depot in general or just my store. Before I started working at Home Depot I always went to Lowes as there is no Home Depot in Auburn. Now I will only go to Home Depot and Mclendons. I didn't realize how bad the store was until I went back to the Auburn Lowes recently. You can't ever find help.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
That is unfortunate. One thing I hear from customers on a regular basis is how good the customer service is at Home Depot. I'm never really sure if they are talking about Home Depot in general or just my store. Before I started working at Home Depot I always went to Lowes as there is no Home Depot in Auburn. Now I will only go to Home Depot and Mclendons. I didn't realize how bad the store was until I went back to the Auburn Lowes recently. You can't ever find help.

Many years ago when Arthur Blank and Bernie Marcus founded the company they had fantastic customer service. After Bernie and Arthur left, HD has become a typical big box company and customer service is hit and mostly miss.

sudden valley gunner

Many years ago when Arthur Blank and Bernie Marcus founded the company they had fantastic customer service. After Bernie and Arthur left, HD has become a typical big box company and customer service is hit and mostly miss.

The one's here in Bellingham are pretty good both HD and Lowes, I have been to others were there was only one store in the vicinity, I think having competition also increases and betters customer service.

amlevin

A favorite "tactic" of all, not just HD, is to have tons of help when the store opens. Once sales levels are established the staff just fades away. Apparently the Managers all make their bonus on the "bottom line" and the quickest way to fatten that is to cut labor expense.

On that note, I just went to the new Cabela's yesterday. Staff members EVERYWHERE. Turn around and there was an employee right there offering to help.

Wonder how long that will last? :(

Just for grins, the following is from the HD History Site:

Their philosophy of customer service – “whatever it takes” – means cultivating a relationship with customers rather than merely completing a transaction. As Bernie says in Built from Scratch, “At the end of the day, we’re in the people business.”

Boy, have things changed since the "founders" moved on.

Last edited:

DocWalker

That must be in the top 10 I'd for great encounters.

I wonder did she wait until you were done smiling, shaking hands and joking with the Manager before she went outside to warn the Officers of the scary MWAG. I wonder did the Manager greet the Officers with head down, embarrassed of his rouge store associate.

You must go through her line again soon!

I really can't imagine her panic when the police showed up and BOTH of them had scary guns also....

Sounds like she needs a long stay in a padded room if she fears a holstered pistol or a hunk of metal and plastic (lower).

DocWalker

This would be funny, next time she is working the register have about 20-30 OCers go in and buy something in 5 minute intervals and everyone go through her lane......one after another.....lol

sawah

This would be funny, next time she is working the register have about 20-30 OCers go in and buy something in 5 minute intervals and everyone go through her lane......one after another.....lol
Or go in packing and buy a chainsaw. When she remarks, you can say "Lady THIS (holding up chainsaw) is a dangerous weapon - I'd be afraid if someone came in packing this, not a LAC with a properly holstered gun." Pick the most expensive one. When she protests, just say 'ok, I'll go buy my stuff at Lowes' and leave the cart sitting there...ok, just kidding. :)

Last edited:

skiingislife725

Or go in packing and buy a chainsaw. When she remarks, you can say "Lady THIS (holding up chainsaw) is a dangerous weapon - I'd be afraid if someone came in packing this, not a LAC with a properly holstered gun." Pick the most expensive one. When she protests, just say 'ok, I'll go buy my stuff at Lowes' and leave the cart sitting there...ok, just kidding. :)

lol I wish there was a subscribe to user's posts button. This and the trenchcoat man with the shotgun post...love it. Just have to not have coffee in my mouth when I read it.