Thread: S&w /m&p-shield/40 cal.

S&w /m&p-shield/40 cal.

have my name in a few places for the new S&W-M&P Shield in the 40 cal. anyone who sees one in a store around pittsburgh, please give me a PM. i`ve been checking galley of guns every day, but they say they don`t know until it arrives. new to the forum, glad i found it.

Feel one yet? I think they feel too thin. That would make them perfect for concealment, but I don't think they feel "right".
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Activist Member
    Are you wanting one because you are adding to your collection or because you want a gun to carry? I would go with the full size if you are looking for a carry gun. The full size m&p will produce higher velocities, meaning more energy down range. It is only a fraction of an inch thicker in the slide, and you will be able to control it better. With a comp-tac minatour IWB holster I can conceal my very large glock 20 under a t-shirt. I wouldn't sacrifice power and controllability for concealment, when with today's holster designs very large handguns can be concealed very easily. Just my opinion, thought I would throw it out there.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

thanks for your info/input. i`ve held a shield 9mm up at the range. the m&p shield. is only .950 wide. was also interested in the springfield xds, 45 cal., about 1 1/4 wide. also a single stack. but was told sunday springfield took the xds off the market because of other contracts. i wanted to add a compact weapon, i thought a single stack would fit the role. i`m not much for velocity, but energy. a 40 cal. at 21 ft., not sure what the energy would be in a 3" barrel or a 5" barrel, but i don`t think there is much difference in energy.
    Last edited by richp; 05-10-2012 at 11:59 AM.