• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment Day in Oklahoma

hrdware

On Tuesday May 8, OK2A, in cooperation with manufacturers, gun dealers, clubs, and ranges from across the state, presents the First Annual Second Amendment Day at the State Capitol from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Vendors will be on hand displaying examples of weapons they sell or manufacture. Please plan to stop by and check out the displays and visit your Representative and Senator. When constituents appear in their office, it truly makes a positive impact on elected officials. Make your voice heard. Attend the Second Amendment Day on Tuesday May 8.

hrdware

With 2nd Amendment Day approaching, I was thinking how cool it would be if our governor had the opportunity to sign SB1733, SB1743, SB1760, and SB1785 on that day, May 8. Senator Schulz, the Floor Leader in the Senate has been a 2A supporter for a long time. Please call or email his office ((405) 521-5612 schulz@oksenate.gov) and ask that these bills be heard as soon as possible so our governor could sign them on May 8. SB1785 has already been referred for enrollment, meaning it is headed for her desk.

Brandon Harwell

On Tuesday May 8, OK2A, in cooperation with manufacturers, gun dealers, clubs, and ranges from across the state, presents the First Annual Second Amendment Day at the State Capitol from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Vendors will be on hand displaying examples of weapons they sell or manufacture. Please plan to stop by and check out the displays and visit your Representative and Senator. When constituents appear in their office, it truly makes a positive impact on elected officials. Make your voice heard. Attend the Second Amendment Day on Tuesday May 8.

Can you share your resources for this info? I can't seem to find anything much about it. Also, I thought ok2a day was June 28.
Thanks

hrdware

Can you share your resources for this info? I can't seem to find anything much about it. Also, I thought ok2a day was June 28.
Thanks

[url="http://www.ok2a.org]Oklahoma 2nd Amendment Association[/url]

Oklahoma 2nd Amendment day is June 28, however OK2A is hosting this in May since the legislature won't be in session in June. It's a great time to talk to your legislators about fireamr issues.

Brandon Harwell

[url="http://www.ok2a.org]Oklahoma 2nd Amendment Association[/url]

Oklahoma 2nd Amendment day is June 28, however OK2A is hosting this in May since the legislature won't be in session in June. It's a great time to talk to your legislators about fireamr issues.

Thanks! The fam and I will be there. Don't forget to wear your empty holster:lol:

hrdware

Thanks! The fam and I will be there. Don't forget to wear your empty holster:lol:

After talking with OK2A about this, they recommended not having empty holsters. LEO is going to be on edge because of the gun displays and they wouldn't want an an officer to see an empty holster and think you had a firearm in your hand. The choice is yours but the organizers of the event would prefer not.

Brandon Harwell

After talking with OK2A about this, they recommended not having empty holsters. LEO is going to be on edge because of the gun displays and they wouldn't want an an officer to see an empty holster and think you had a firearm in your hand. The choice is yours but the organizers of the event would prefer not.

Not saying much for our LEOs, but I understand. Thanks for the heads up.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association

Wait..wut? I've been in the Capitol at least 2 dozen times this legislative session alone while wearing an empty holster. I've only been asked about it once. I told the trooper it was political speech, and that was the end of that discussion.