Thread: Senate bill S1813 does not allow the IRS to take your guns

Senate bill S1813 does not allow the IRS to take your guns

Gun owners are as susceptible to urban legends as any other group of people on the internet. In fact, they may be more susceptible since there are so many convoluted attempts to use backdoor means to obstruct the right to keep and bear arms that nothing seems impossible.

The latest urban legend to gain traction in the gun rights community is the claim that Senate Bill S1813 allows the IRS to strip you of your gun rights and carry permit based upon back-taxes owed.

This is not true.

Excerpt ... Read More
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-02-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Removed typo

That's a little bit too much reality for some, be careful there! I figured the IRS wasn't able to take my firearms away.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

....yet.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

The IRS can't take your guns, but they can stop you from leaving the country.

I think I'd rather they took my guns.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Gun owners are as susceptible to urban legends as any other group of people on the internet. In fact, they may be more susceptible since there are so many convoluted attempts to use backdoor means to obstruct the right to keep and bear arms that nothing seems impossible.

The latest urban legend to gain traction in the gun rights community is the claim that Senate Bill S1813 allows the IRS to strip you of your gun rights and carry permit based upon back-taxes owed.

This is not true.

Excerpt ... Read More

Agreed on your point about the bill.

I think the concern is the movement to ban individuals on the "no-fly" list from owning firearms.
    See Rahm Emanuel's speech here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJBZZKlvrP4

If the IRS can put you on the "no-fly" list so easily, coupled with the movement to ban people from owning guns on the list, I think a little concern is warranted.