Thread: Non-resident OC?

Non-resident OC?

Hi guys,

I live in Huntington, WV and was just wondering I can legally OC when I cross the river? I know WV allows OC to all people legally allowed to own a firearm, is KY the same? Thanks for your input in advance.

Yup.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

The only difference is in our state all firearms laws should be the same across the whole state. We don't have any local ordinances that "grandfathered" in. I am right across the river (and south) in Lawrence county.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Activist Member
    Yes, and unlike WV, when you come into Ky, you can either keep your firearm on your side while in your vehicle, or you can place it in any factory installed storage compartment and it is not considered concealed. Glove box, console, etc. KRS 527.020(9)

http://lrc.ky.gov/KRS/527-00/020.PDF
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

thanks

good stuff guys. thanks for the info. hope to see you out there packin heat!