• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

so what if your ocing in seattle?

Levi

Interesting. It seems like the mayor would have a hard time proving intent to cause harm in a law abiding carrier with a properly holstered firearm.

To be honest, I don't carry a firearm for decoration. I fully intend to do bodily harm with it if the situation warrants, i.e. self defense.

TechnoWeenie

To be honest, I don't carry a firearm for decoration. I fully intend to do bodily harm with it if the situation warrants, i.e. self defense.

Mine is used as a means of expressing my disgust against gun laws. I don't plan on hurting anyone with it, it's protected speech. ;)

Levi

Mine is used as a means of expressing my disgust against gun laws. I don't plan on hurting anyone with it, it's protected speech. ;)

That is also a legitimate reason to carry in my view. If I carried to make a political statement I'd probably have a gun like yours. It's my opinion that LACs should have the right to have and carry any firearm they desire. Heck get yourself a 105mm if you like; just don't use my house for target practice. ;)

With too many people I know having been hurt by BGs and my own near miss, my gun is purely a practical means of fending off threats.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
You think if you were a store owner and men in black hoods with ski masks on were bashing in your locked windows/doors, would you have the legal right to shoot them?

Can't give legal advice like that. However, recent news articles indicate no filing of charges for breaking into one's home.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

Difdi

Gray..

I found the press conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87h7-u8HjSI

Didn't hear the word Firearm once. Repeated multiple times was simply confiscate weapons..

You're absolutely right, firearms are not in any way, shape or form weapons. Let's get our firearms out and have a nice fun live fire exercise, using eachother as practice targets. After all, since they're not weapons, we can't possibly hurt eachother with them, right?

/sarcasm

TechnoWeenie

I just watched the entire thing on Seattle Channel. Not once was "firearm" uttered. Please post proof of the above statement.

I don't believe he said firearm. I do however believe the poster misheard 'tire iron'..........

Regardless, the order says 'any weapon' , making it a defacto unlawful 'gun free zone'..

Beretta92FSLady

I went downtown with the wife, and kids. Carried the whole time, hanged around the SPD most of the time, snapped photos, and video recorded, not an issue at all. I did see an officer confiscate a skateboard--without wheels--I am sure the individual was not going to use the skateboard to ride home on.

The officers were very friendly. The protesters were good as well, although, the protesters were at times yelling derogatory things at the officers that I absolutely do not agree with.

I made a fourteen minute video of the event, and am downloading it to Youtube.

With regard to McGinn's order: the confiscation had to do with rioting type of weapons, or so it seemed in what the officers were taking from some of the protesters. Things such as: baseball bats, skateboards (without wheels), golf clubs...etc. Police were permitting individuals to wear gas masks, and cover their faces.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

[snippers]...making it a defacto unlawful 'gun free zone'..

Wrong, IMO. I was carrying, and there were no issues. Mind you it was raining and so I had a light jacket on, but with my Beretta92fs holstered on a shoulder rig, it was obvious to someone looking at me that I was carrying a sidearm.