Thread: Shooting Reported At Burke Target

Shooting Reported At Burke Target

I work there. The lady went into the store and walked backed to the electronics department. She then proceeded to shoot herself in the head. I was not present at the time. No one else was physically hurt. They had the store under lockdown but it re-opened around 7pm. Scary s**t!
    Last edited by thebigsd; 05-01-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I work there. The lady went into the store and walked backed to the electronics department. She then proceeded to shoot herself in the head. I was not present at the time. No one else was physically hurt. They had the store under lockdown but it re-opened around 7pm. Scary s**t!
    Is it true that LP caught her shoplifting and she killed herself before the police arrived?

I'd like to ask the OP why this little tidbit of information
    “Preliminarily, our detectives believe this shooting was self-inflicted,” said Lucy Caldwell, Fairfax County Police Public Information Officer. “The final determination, however, will be made by the Office of the Medical Examiner.”
    was not supplied as part of their post.

While any shooting is a concern, it helps to point out that there was no OMG self defense moment involved on this event. The "OMG I could have been a victim of that" seems to be a common theme of other "there was a shooting at ___" reports.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    Is it true that LP caught her shoplifting and she killed herself before the police arrived?
    No, that is a false rumor.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."