• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle declares martial law, bans weapons

ManInBlack

Notice how the people smashing windows and destroying private property are all wearing the same balaclavas, boots, pants and backpacks as the cops wear in Seattle?

Hmmmm... Wonder why THAT could be?

Can you say G20 in Toronto and NAFTA in Montebello, boys and girls?

http://boingboing.net/2010/06/28/canadian-cops-histor.html

Words of wisdom...

“Already a couple of the faithful have sent in checks for a foundation memorial to the innocents who perished at the hands of the ninja at Waco. … I have been criticized by referring to our federal masked men as “ninja” … Let us reflect upon the fact that a man who covers his face shows reason to be ashamed of what he is doing. A man who takes it upon himself to shed blood while concealing his identity is a revolting perversion of the warrior ethic. It has long been my conviction that a masked man with a gun is a target. I see no reason to change that view.”

-Col. Jeff Cooper

sudden valley gunner

Thanks!

Glad to hear you would! I have. :lol:
Me too.

I have an honest question, explain to me this, please:

Concealed carry with a CPL by a person passing through the area for whatever reason would be no problem, right? So why does that change if the person chooses to open carry in a holster which is every bit as legal as concealing with a CPL? The WA Supreme Court has basically ruled that open carry in a holster is no more intending to intimidate or warrants alarm than concealed carry does. So why would the .270 charge stick just because the person was openly carrying a handgun in a holster, which the court has ruled has no legal difference than concealing with a CPL?

I don't think it is legal John, just agree that temporarily it would stick, unless we have money to take it to appeal , remember Josh's case in Vancouver stuck. And I take Gray's command not to OC is meant as a warning they won't get legal help from the gun organizations.

So as individual free people we would have to choose whether or not we have the time or money or fortitude to go ahead and OC. I have no business in Seattle and am not looking for trouble, but If I lived down there, I am not so sure I'd be so willing to surrender my right at a time I need it most.

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

They don't. It's like the old story about the kid asking the Rodeo Cowboy why he wore tennis shoes and the reply was "so I don't get mistaken for a Trucker".

The pink shoes were so they couldn't be accused of impersonating a cop.

Which, IIRC, one of the more recent 'caught in the act' provocateurs was found out, because he was wearing tactical boots... $300+ , police issue, tactical boots...

L O L

Jeff Hayes

"Knife me in the back."

You, sir, are Oscar-worthy. It has been awhile since I have seen such dramatics...

:rolleyes:

Just because folks may disagree with you does not mean they are attacking you. Lower the sensitivity of your threat radar.

+1

This victim thing is getting old.

Tawnos

They don't. It's like the old story about the kid asking the Rodeo Cowboy why he wore tennis shoes and the reply was "so I don't get mistaken for a Trucker".

The pink shoes were so they couldn't be accused of impersonating a cop.

Dreamer's claim was "the people smashing windows and destroying private property are all wearing the same balaclavas, boots, pants and backpacks as the cops wear in Seattle?"

Looking at the video, that's clearly not factually true.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Histrionics.
Hyperbole.

Robert has a history of personally attacking people who disagree with him. He called Judge Legg, the judge who struck down the "good & substantial" from the Maryland code, a statist.

When confronting him about this, he would try to claim he wasn't talking about him, or anyone else, & put the onus on me to figure out who. I refuse to play that game.

Ever since then, Robert has been hounding me, looking for any "misstep". It's a complete lack of respect, considering the game for this sort of situation is played out in the courts, a place that doesn't take too kindly to parties calling them "statist" all the time.

He uses the term "statist" to every situation he disagrees with, to every person he disagrees with, & plays games with people when they call him out. He's worn out the meaning of the word.

And remember, while Workman's article seems like it was written by a LEO/Mayor apologists, admin takes a dim view of posts critical of him. Just passing on the warning.

Why you'd ever consider Workman's article an apologist for Mayor McGinn of all people, is a head scratcher. He has repeatedly called cops on their bad behavior, too.

rapgood

Yea mine seems more humorous now that I look back on it definitely wasn't at the time, funny how that works. Yummy look forward to it, don't let me totally skip out on chipping in though...:lol:.

Be sure to include me! Mine is hilarious, now! I'm laughing all the way to federal court to file my civil rights violation lawsuit! Gawd I love my job!

Dave Workman

Histrionics.
Hyperbole.

And remember, while Workman's article seems like it was written by a LEO/Mayor apologists, admin takes a dim view of posts critical of him. Just passing on the warning.

LOL.

Me? An ap--ap--ap--HAHAHAHA--apologist for Mayor M-M-Mc-McGinn?"

ROTFLMAO..

WHOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Hayes

Robert has a history of personally attacking people who disagree with him. He called Judge Legg, the judge who struck down the "good & substantial" from the Maryland code, a statist.

Funny Gray I do not see the personal attacks from SVG that you are claiming here, how about some cites (examples) per the forum rules rather than just vague statements Sir. I see opinions that SVG has that you & I may not agree with but those are commonly occurring here and elsewhere on the internet.

What I do see is personal retaliation from from you when someone disagrees with your position or opinion. I cite the above post you just made.

Once again I ask are you moderating or posting its kind of hard to tell, this is a serious question because it is important to me that I understand where you are coming from.

This is petty behavior by you IMHO. I guess you could say that was a personal attack but no different than yours about SVG.

This is a private forum owned by Mike and John and they may do as they please with it, I fully understand that.

What if in SVG's opinion Judge Legg is a statist and in your opinion he is not, so what.

Jeff Hayes

LOL.

Me? An ap--ap--ap--HAHAHAHA--apologist for Mayor M-M-Mc-McGinn?"

ROTFLMAO..

WHOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with Dave Workman here, in no way is Dave Workman an apologist for Mayor McGinn, hell has not frozen over yet.

I do have to disagree with Dave Workman that Davepro_2a's post was funny, I did not find his post to be funny in any way, sorry Dave Workman.

Too many Dave's here, LOL