Thread: Should I OC this to Seattle today?

Should I OC this to Seattle today?

Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

With all the crazies downtown, if I had to go downtown, there is no way in hell I would go unarmed. If that makes me a target for police and lawsuit so be it...
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

I would say no... If it were just a pistol or even that pistol but altered, I'd say go for it, but for that particular one...

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/fire...ical-fore-grip
    http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG411/88

I'm fairly certain that the Angled fore-grip being installed on your pistol would make for having a bad day. The AR-Pistols slide by in their "one handed" state, but with the Angled fore-grip, it stops being "one handed".
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Quote Originally Posted by xxx.jakk.xxx View Post
    I would say no... If it were just a pistol or even that pistol but altered, I'd say go for it, but for that particular one...

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/fire...ical-fore-grip
    http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG411/88

I'm fairly certain that the Angled fore-grip being installed on your pistol would make for having a bad day. The AR-Pistols slide by in their "one handed" state, but with the Angled fore-grip, it stops being "one handed".
    You are aware that 'angled' and 'vertical' are not synonyms, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    You are aware that 'angled' and 'vertical' are not synonyms, right?

It's not the angle of the fore-grip that they're focusing on, it's the amount of hands that the firearm is meant to be held by with the attachments.
    "By positioning the shooter's hand high on the centerline of the bore, unlike conventional vertical fore-grips, the AFG helps mitigate recoil and control the weapon to facilitate faster, more accurate follow-up shots."
    The angled fore-grip serves the same purpose as the vertical, it is just a more ergonomic version. If we want to play semantics, by all means, test this theory. I just wouldn't put my money or ass on the line to try to argue the difference between "vertical" and "angled" when they are just going on their own interpretation of what makes for a pistol compared to a SBR or AOW.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Quote Originally Posted by xxx.jakk.xxx View Post
    It's not the angle of the fore-grip that they're focusing on, it's the amount of hands that the firearm is meant to be held by with the attachments.
    "By positioning the shooter's hand high on the centerline of the bore, unlike conventional vertical fore-grips, the AFG helps mitigate recoil and control the weapon to facilitate faster, more accurate follow-up shots."
    The angled fore-grip serves the same purpose as the vertical, it is just a more ergonomic version. If we want to play semantics, by all means, test this theory. I just wouldn't put my money or ass on the line to try to argue the difference between "vertical" and "angled" when they are just going on their own interpretation of what makes for a pistol compared to a SBR or AOW.
    This is why I carry declaration letters with me.....

I know you're just trying to help, but I have my ass covered...
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    This is why I carry declaration letters with me.....

I know you're just trying to help, but I have my ass covered...
    In that case, I say go for the Seattle trip. As long as the feds don't care, Seattle can eat... well, they can eat something very bad. Lol.

Glad you got a hold of them first and even found out that the AFG is okay to put on the pistol. That will actually probably help out a lot of people who are wondering the same thing and read that as I did. =]

Molōn labe!

Mainsail, is that a Rossi Ranch Hand? I've had my eye on one in .44 mag. How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Flopsweat View Post
    Mainsail, is that a Rossi Ranch Hand? I've had my eye on one in .44 mag. How do you like it?
    I love it. Mary's has one in .44 right now- somehow they ordered two for me.

I love it. Mary's has one in .44 right now- somehow they ordered two for me.
    How much they asking?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    How much they asking?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    How much they asking?
    Andrew says $445