• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should I OC this to Seattle today?

TechnoWeenie

:D

pistol.jpg

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
With all the crazies downtown, if I had to go downtown, there is no way in hell I would go unarmed. If that makes me a target for police and lawsuit so be it...

xxx.jakk.xxx

Mainsail

I would say no... If it were just a pistol or even that pistol but altered, I'd say go for it, but for that particular one...

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/firearms-technology.html#vertical-fore-grip
http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG411/88

I'm fairly certain that the Angled fore-grip being installed on your pistol would make for having a bad day. The AR-Pistols slide by in their "one handed" state, but with the Angled fore-grip, it stops being "one handed".

You are aware that 'angled' and 'vertical' are not synonyms, right?

xxx.jakk.xxx

You are aware that 'angled' and 'vertical' are not synonyms, right?

It's not the angle of the fore-grip that they're focusing on, it's the amount of hands that the firearm is meant to be held by with the attachments.
"By positioning the shooter's hand high on the centerline of the bore, unlike conventional vertical fore-grips, the AFG helps mitigate recoil and control the weapon to facilitate faster, more accurate follow-up shots."
The angled fore-grip serves the same purpose as the vertical, it is just a more ergonomic version. If we want to play semantics, by all means, test this theory. I just wouldn't put my money or ass on the line to try to argue the difference between "vertical" and "angled" when they are just going on their own interpretation of what makes for a pistol compared to a SBR or AOW.

TechnoWeenie

It's not the angle of the fore-grip that they're focusing on, it's the amount of hands that the firearm is meant to be held by with the attachments.
"By positioning the shooter's hand high on the centerline of the bore, unlike conventional vertical fore-grips, the AFG helps mitigate recoil and control the weapon to facilitate faster, more accurate follow-up shots."
The angled fore-grip serves the same purpose as the vertical, it is just a more ergonomic version. If we want to play semantics, by all means, test this theory. I just wouldn't put my money or ass on the line to try to argue the difference between "vertical" and "angled" when they are just going on their own interpretation of what makes for a pistol compared to a SBR or AOW.

This is why I carry declaration letters with me.....

atf-afg-1.jpg

I know you're just trying to help, but I have my ass covered... :)

xxx.jakk.xxx

This is why I carry declaration letters with me.....

I know you're just trying to help, but I have my ass covered... :)

In that case, I say go for the Seattle trip. As long as the feds don't care, Seattle can eat... well, they can eat something very bad. Lol.

Glad you got a hold of them first and even found out that the AFG is okay to put on the pistol. That will actually probably help out a lot of people who are wondering the same thing and read that as I did. =]