Thread: Hollywood vs Reality: Officer Involved Shootings

Hollywood vs Reality: Officer Involved Shootings

Hollywood vs Reality: Officer Involved Shootings (Video)
    Myths, Misconceptions and Realities Associated with Police Use of Deadly Force.
    Would love to see a discussion on this.

--
    Peace. ~G
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr

Interesting.

Fact or fiction, that was a unbiased look at the issue of officer involved shootings.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

That was informative. But I still have to ask about those videos of police shooting 12 or more times and missing every time. I would think training would have kicked in and let one of them land on target. Or is it a lack of practice?

That is a good question. I'll hazard a guess and postulate that if cops had to buy their own ammo they'd be better shots, requiring fewer rounds down range. Don't even get me started on 'not checking beyond the target' after draining a mag, or two, without any visible signs of effective fire.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

it made my eyes bleed it was so boring. it was very bias toward the police officer. example; the officer very seldom gets charge with the deadly assault on a citizen.

he/she has more power and back up. the citizen is already at a disadvantage

talking about them shooting someone in the hand, yes that is ridiculous. but what about the shooting of an unarmed citizen. automatically pulling your weapon on an unarmed person and not using less non-deadly force should be one of the main course.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.