• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is why you don't break into a soldiers house. Jacksonville, NC,

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.jdnews.com/articles/deaths-103224-around-diego.html

The two men died of gunshot wounds to their torsos, according to their death certificates on file at the Onslow County Courthouse, which state the two men were “shot by another” with their manner of death listed as homicide.

The two men were killed by residents after attacking the residents who had returned home while the decedents were inside, those residents told the Jacksonville Police Department.

Authorities have said that the three adult residents — who were treated for injuries — would most likely not face charges. Other than to say two of the three are active duty Marines assigned to Camp Lejeune, authorities have not publicly identified them.

twoskinsonemanns

I sure would have liked to see this:
"Authorities have said that the three adult residents — who were treated for injuries — would most likely not face charges"

To have been something more like this:
"Authorities have commended the attack victims for defending themselves against these ruthless criminals"

J_Oliver

Wow. Again a case of stupdity for breaking into someone's house and being killed by the MARINE CORP. Occupants... someone didn't do their homework...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ManInBlack

Family and friends of the two men said they believed there was more to the story than a botched burglary.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure there was more to this story than two scumbags doing what two scumbags do.

I'm sure we'll all get to hear in the coming days how they were really just good boys who never woulda done nothin' to nobody. :rolleyes:

aosailor

Oh, yeah, I'm sure there was more to this story than two scumbags doing what two scumbags do.

I'm sure we'll all get to hear in the coming days how they were really just good boys who never woulda done nothin' to nobody. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they were on their way to pick up some homeless children for church choir practice and just got lost......

to the OP: FYI, you keep calling Marines Soldiers, and you may just find yourself in a similar situation as these thugs lol

c1ph3r88

I was just about to say. They are Marines, not Soldiers.

Also, that was right around the corner from me. Kinda makes me glad that I carry.

bwhunter65

If you read the whole story at the end they said. Family and friends of the two men said they believed there was more to the story than a botched burglary. it has started already I wish they would quit defending these thugs as innocents..

ArmySoldier22

If you read the whole story at the end they said. Family and friends of the two men said they believed there was more to the story than a botched burglary. it has started already I wish they would quit defending these thugs as innocents..

It's very rare that family and friends of people like this EVER come out and say that they either accept what happened, or aren't surprised by it. Sometimes, even if you know a person, it's hard to think they're capable of doing something. Especially if it's family. There was a story a long while back about somebody who was shot and killed in a burglary attempt. A family member, I believe one of the parents... but I could be wrong.. spoke on tv about how they were sorry about their sons actions, and that they didn't blame the homeowner in any way for doing what they did. I had a lot of respect for him coming out and saying that.

So, while I expect statements like that from family members, I'm sick of the media blowing it out of proportion in every single situation. They try to make everything out to be more than it really is.

Last edited:

Chief1297

You cant really expect a "pay day" or a settlement if you admit to people that your family member is a criminal. It is ALL about the money. To me, it would be rare that a family member didnt suspect or know that it was possible for their loved one to get put in this position.

ManInBlack

You cant really expect a "pay day" or a settlement if you admit to people that your family member is a criminal. It is ALL about the money. To me, it would be rare that a family member didnt suspect or know that it was possible for their loved one to get put in this position.

Yes, I'm sure the family was totally clueless as to how young Maurice and Diego always had money, jewelry, drugs, etc., without having jobs.

"The Ghetto Fairy must have left them money under their pillows!!!"

Ratt402

Being a former Marine myself, I can fully understand the lack of brains on those thugs who got lost on their way to choir practice..note the sarcasm there! LOL!
I had a call from an alarm company trying to sell alarms. I informed him that I had two well alert dogs and weapons in my house. I didnt need to call 911 till AFTER I emptied the magazines!

Semper Fi!!!!

Oh yea, just a note. Not good advice to call a Marine a soldier, juuuust saying! LOL!!